Great Clips Customer Data Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2023
Effective: January 1, 2023
We urge you to read this Privacy Notice so that you understand our commitment to you and your privacy and how you can participate in that commitment.
At Great Clips, Inc. (“Great Clips” or “we” or “our”), the privacy of our customers is very important to us. We collect and use individual information about our customers (“you” or “your”) at Great Clips® salons, which are independently owned and operated franchised businesses, and at www.greatclips.com (including related sites at https://jobs.greatclips.com/, and https://greatclipsfranchise.com) (collectively, the “Site”) to create and maintain a relationship that allows us to provide quality services and products.
We also collect and use individual information submitted or made available through your use of our Great Clips® mobile or tablet device application (the “App”). This Privacy Notice is intended to inform you about how the individual information you submit in a salon or through the Site or our App will be handled and protected.
We reserve the right to modify this Privacy Notice from time to time and will mark new versions with a corresponding effective date. We recommend customers visit the Site to review any changes in our practices. By using this Site, our App, using our services, and visiting or communicating with us through our salons, you agree to the terms of this Privacy Notice.
All Great Clips© salons are independently owned and operated by third party franchisees. Franchisees, not Great Clips, inc., are responsible for all hiring and personnel matters at their individual salons. Each Franchisee’s collection and handling of job applicant and employee information may vary and those individual practices are not intended to be covered by this Privacy Notice.
- What information do we collect and how do we use it?
- How Can Customers Limit Information Collected or Customize Preferences?
- What is the Talent Community as used at jobs.greatclips.com?
- How Do We Protect Your Personal Information?
- Retention and Deletion of Information.
- Does This Privacy Notice Apply to Third-Party Websites Accessible Through GreatClips.com
- Customer Consent
- Additional Privacy Notice for California and Virginia Residents
- Nevada Privacy Rights
- Contact Information
What Information is Collected?
We collect information that is voluntarily provided by you through any of the methods listed in this Privacy Notice. We may collect information through your participation in a sweepstakes or other giveaway sponsored by us, to locate a salon, to provide “check-in” information electronically through the Salon Locator section of the Site or App, to take advantage of Site or App functionality, or to otherwise participate in activities or services generated on the Site or in the App.
We may collect certain information on you when you opt-in to our Talent Community or when you apply for a job through our corporate careers portal. Please note that Great Clips franchisees are responsible for all hiring and personnel matters at their individual salons and may collect additional job application and employment-related information not addressed in this Notice.
Information may also be collected when you download our App, respond to push notifications that were enabled by you, use our "check in" function to add your name to the waitlist at a local salon, and to opt-in to receive a text message or App push notification reminder. Such information may include your geolocation—to help you locate the nearest salon—your first and last name and phone number to be added to the salon waitlist (although such information is not required to access the services in the salon).
The Site may also collect information about technology interface preferences (such as the type of browser or device used, or the files requested) to improve the Site and better meet your needs. Great Clips works with third-party businesses to ensure that such information is complete and accurate.
The information we may collect includes, but may not be limited to:
- Descriptions of how you like your hair cut, descriptions of your hair or other details relevant to your visit that are captured for use at a future visit (known as Clip Notes®);
- A customer’s identity or contact information, such as their name, address, phone number, e-mail address;
- A customer’s transaction history with Great Clips for products or services they have obtained from a salon;
- Computer or mobile data or files, often called “cookies” or “SDKs,” which may be sent by a customer’s web browser or mobile app and stored on an individual device to allow our server to “recognize” the customer through the navigation of the Site or App;
- A customer's IP address to measure our website traffic and to help provide more personalized salon information and ensure a high level of site performance;
- Geolocation information to help you locate a salon, navigational information (including browser type and version, IP address, information about your browsing activity online), and device information (including hardware mode, operating system and version, identification numbers assigned to your mobile device, mobile network, and website or app usage behavior);
- Information regarding a customer’s unique application cookie to distinguish one application installation from another;
- A customer's mobile phone number to participate in promotional activities through the Site or at a local salon;
- Information regarding the type of device used by customers to access our App, such as whether it is through an iPhone®, Android®, or online browser.
- Personal, professional, and financial information and history collected in a franchise application;
- We may use third-party analytics services to analyze Site metrics and performance, analyze our visitors’ preferences, address any technical issues, optimize our online services for a better user experience, and may serve personalized content to you through the use of some or all of the technologies described above, such as cookies, SDKs, and other similar technologies.
- Our Site and App may include social media features which may collect information about you such as your IP address and which page you are visiting on our site. They may set a cookie or other tracking technologies to collect this information. These features and widgets may be hosted by a third party, and your interactions with the features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
Franchisees may be collecting additional details and information not covered under this Privacy Notice, but as may be separately disclosed by the independently owned and operated salon. This could include things like video captured by security cameras or other marketing tools not currently in use by Great Clips, Inc.
Our Site and App are not designed for children, and we do not collect information online from any person we know is under the age of 18.
We may also collect information that is related to you but that does not personally identify you (“Non-personal Information”). Non-personal Information also includes information that could personally identify you in its original form but that we have modified (for instance, by aggregating, anonymizing, or de-identifying such information) in order to remove or hide any personally identifying information.
How is Information Used?
We collect basic information about our customers in order to provide services to them, to conduct business or customer service, for legal compliance, for marketing initiatives, and for research and analytical purposes, including but not limited to:
- Providing quality, efficient haircuts with personalized service;
- Facilitate payments and transactions;
- Create and manage your online account on the Site or App;
- Tracking information about our customers’ last visit, such as technical information related to a particular haircut or products purchased;
- Tracking customers’ Site usage and App preferences to offer a better customer experience, monitor online and App traffic, troubleshoot issues with the Site or App, and block abusive users of the Site or App, or other security measures;
- Enabling device data or files, such as “cookies” or “SDKS”,” which may be stored on an individual device to allow our server to “recognize” the individual during their session on the Site or App;
- Learning about who our customers are, how often they visit us, and their expectations pertaining to their services so we can continue to meet their needs;
- Sending or initiating direct marketing offers or coupons;
- Communicating with customers through text messages about their appointment status;
- Sending haircut reminders;
- Contacting you as part of a recruiting, employment inquiry, or job application process;
- Including you in surveys about our services, or your experience on our Site or App;
- Employment history, education, job interest, location or licensing information (for those accessing jobs.greatclips.com );
- Reaching out to those who have submitted an interest form for jobs, giveaways, scholarships or recruiting news at Great Clips® salons, or otherwise providing tailored employment opportunity information, determining your qualifications and facilitating making hiring decisions;
- Reviewing franchise applications and making and communicating decisions on applications and other franchise development activities;
- Leveraging information about your online activities to provide you with advertising about products and services based on your interests through third-party partners.
- Facilitating networks of online social activity related to our products and services;
- Enabling you to interact with third-party content service providers;
- Providing customer service and responding to your inquiries and requests;
- Creating aggregated, permanently de-identified, or anonymized information for analytical or statistical purposes;
- Contacting customers when they have left a personal item in the salon or to follow-up to customer feedback.
Our engagement with partners to provide services to you
In order to provide the services and improve the Site or the App, in addition to Great Clips® franchisees, we may engage the services of third-party businesses. In the process of supplying services, these third-party businesses may need access to or receipt of certain information to perform the services you have requested, including without limitation, data research and analytics, initiating direct marketing programs, data tracking, maintaining or developing the Site or App, ensuring that contact information is complete and accurate, or other contracted promotional opportunities provided to the customer.
We may leverage information about your online activities to provide you with advertising about products and services based on your interests through third-party partners. We may engage third-party advertising companies that may collect information about your use and interactions with our services over time and across third-party websites and online services, including social platforms, for use in delivering tailored online display and banner advertising to you on other websites and online services. These advertisement may be based on cookies and other technologies to collect and store information about customer interactions
Great Clips may share this information with any franchisees, subsidiaries, licensees, affiliates, assigns, successors, or other respective owners. Great Clips may also share your individual information in connection with law enforcement requests or in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
If another company acquires, or plans to acquire, our company, business, or our assets, we will also share information with that company, including at the negotiation stage.
How Can Customers Limit Information Collected or Customize Preferences?
While we work hard to ensure we use and disclose our customers’ individual information only for the purposes identified in this Privacy Notice, customers can choose not to provide individual information or limit the individual information obtained by us. Please note that by refusing to provide required information may result in our inability to provide certain customer service requests, provide the highest quality service possible, or otherwise comply with your specific request.
As you use our Site or App, we and third parties may collect information about your online activities to provide you with advertising about products and services based on your interests. We may engage third-party advertising companies that may collect information about your use and interactions with our services over time and across third-party websites and online services, including social platforms, for use in delivering tailored online display and banner advertising to you on other websites and online services. These advertisement may be based on cookies and other technologies to collect and store information about customer interactions with us through our Site or App and interactions with other online services.
Consumers may opt out of targeted advertising by submitting a request through our “Do Not Sell or Share Information/ Opt-Out of Targeted Advertising” webform option.
You also have the option to specify your preferences over the use of some of the technologies used on our Site or App by clicking on the “Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information” link in the footer of our Site or in the settings menu on our App to view or change your preferences.
We recognize Global Privacy Control (GPC) signals enabled by customers on their web browser or web browser extension to effectuate the same cookie preferences.
Additionally, consumers can elect to be removed from direct mailing activities conducted by Great Clips by submitting a “Do Not Mail” request through the webform on our website. Please note that while we will work with our service providers to remove your name from Great Clips direct mailings we cannot guarantee that promotional mailings using alternative addressing formats or addressed to anonymous residents in a certain geographical area (i.e. “Resident at << address >>), will also cease, as those mailing lists are not within Great Clips’ direct control.
For consumers who are interested in managing whether or not they receive any type of promotional mailings, third-party online tools such as DMAchoice may be useful. Please reference additional information on your options on the Federal Trade Commission website: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0262-stopping-unsolicited-mail-phone-calls-and-email.
If you have questions or concerns about Great Clips’ policies and practices for handling your individual information you may use the following methods to contact Great Clips:
- Access our website at www.greatclips.com, and select “Contact Us” found in the menu to send an e-mail.
- Call our customer service at 1-800-GREATCLIPS( 1-800-473-2825).
For additional information pertaining to our privacy practices, please contact our privacy team at email@example.com
In addition to the above options available on our Site or App, you may also specify your preferences through a centralized registry – additional information is available at the following locations: NAI Opt-Out or DAA Opt-Out.
What is the Talent Community as used at jobs.greatclips.com?
Individuals who submit their information on the Great Clips Career Site (http://jobs.greatclips.com) are joining a community of individuals (the “Talent Community”) interested in receiving, via text or email, , job notifications, scholarship, giveaway or sweepstake alerts, event alerts, general career-related information, industry news, surveys, and other related content from Great Clips, Inc. or its franchisees. This community is also known as Stylisthood®. Great Clips, Inc. and its franchisees may also enter information into the Talent Community database from individuals who have expressed interest in Great Clips and/or the Great Clips Talent Community that is collected upon submission by the individual outside the Career Site at recruiting or other events.
All Great Clips© salons are independently owned and operated by third party franchisees. Franchisees, not Great Clips, inc., are responsible for all hiring and personnel matters at their individual salons. Each Franchisee’s collection and handling of job applicant and employee information may vary, and they may collect additional job application and employment-related information not addressed in this Notice.
How Do We Protect Your Personal Information?
The security of your information is of the utmost importance to Great Clips. Great Clips uses appropriate administrative, technical, personnel, and physical safeguards to protect the security of your individual information from unauthorized disclosure. We also make all reasonable attempts to ensure that only necessary people and third parties have access to individual information in order to safeguard your individual information against loss, theft, and unauthorized use or modification.
Our administrative and organizational safeguards include implementing, maintaining, and training employees on company privacy and information security policies and procedures. Our physical and technical safeguards include maintaining physical and cyber security policies and standards to protect company systems and data.
Retention and Deletion of Information
Great Clips retains information for as long as is reasonably necessary to provide services to you or otherwise has an articulable business need to retain it. The need to retain personal information can vary depending on the type of information and the purpose for which it was collected. Great Clips will also retain your information as reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations. We strive to ensure that your information is retained for the period required to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected and is deleted when no longer required per our retention policy, which addresses all customer information, including sensitive personal information.
We retain all categories of consumer personal information to:
- Provide services to our customers who are actively engaging with us and for a set time period thereafter;
- Comply with applicable labor, tax, and immigration laws’
- Comply with other regulatory requirements;
- Investigate security incidents or other investigations as may be necessary;
- Investigate and respond to complaints;
- Preserve intellectual property rights; and
- Assist in the defense or prosecution of any litigated or threatened matters.
At the expiration of the retention period for Personal Information (defined in the “Additional Privacy Notice for California Residents,” below), we will delete or otherwise dispose of the information according to our policies.
Does This Privacy Notice Apply to Third-Party Websites Accessible Through GreatClips.com?
The information practices of third-party websites linked to our Site are not covered by this Privacy Notice. Other sites accessible through our Site have their own privacy notices and data collection, use, and disclosure practices. We are not responsible for the policies or practices of third parties. These other websites may send their own cookies to users, collect data, or solicit individual information. We cannot control this collection of information. You should consult each website’s privacy notice or contact these websites directly if you have any questions about use of the information that they collect.
By providing information to Great Clips salons or browsing or providing information on the Site or through the App, customers are providing their consent for Great Clips to use their individual information as outlined in this Privacy Notice.
Great Clips will not use or share individual information provided to us in ways incompatible with those described above, and we do not sell, for monetary consideration, your individual information to anyone. To the extent that applicable law requires express consent, express written consent, or “opt-in” for the collection and use of certain types of individual information, Great Clips will maintain processes and procedures to ensure such information is collected with express consent. Each digital communication customers receive from Great Clips unrelated to services you have specifically requested will give customers instructions on opting out or unsubscribing.
Additional Privacy Notice for California and Virginia Residents
Great Clips, Inc. (“we,” “us,” or “our”) includes this additional privacy notice specific to California and Virginia residents and households (“California and Virginia Privacy Notice”) in accordance with the notice requirements under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, (“CCPA”), and as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act (“CPRA”), the California “Shine-the-Light” law, and Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act (“VCDPA”) (collectively, the “Privacy Laws”).Any terms defined in the Privacy Laws have the same meaning when used in this California and Virginia Privacy Notice.
This California and Virginia Privacy Notice applies only to information collected through the Site and the App, and information collected through other channels, such as over the phone or in person. This notice also includes information on certain opt-out rights concerning disclosures, “sales” or “sharing” of personal information to third parties and certain opt-out rights which consumers can use to prevent us from using third-party information to provide “cross-context behavior advertising” or “targeted advertising.” Lastly, this notice describes how we may use “sensitive personal information” and our retention schedule for each category of personal information.
Definitions Specific to this Policy
The Privacy Laws include definitions for terms specific to this California and Virginia Privacy Notice provision and to California and Virginia residents that may not apply to the rest of Great Clips, Inc.’s Privacy Notice, including the following terms:
“Personal Information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household. Personal Information does not include publicly available information obtained from government records; de-identified or aggregated consumer information that cannot be reconstructed to identify you; any information covered under the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act or the California Financial Information Privacy Act, activities covered by the Fair Credit Reporting Act, or protected health information as defined under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.
“Sale” or “sell” means selling, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring, or otherwise communicating orally, in writing, or by electronic or other means, a consumer’s Personal Information by the business to a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration.
“Share,” “shared,” or “sharing” means sharing, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring, or otherwise communicating orally, in writing, or by electronic or other means, a consumer’s personal information by the business to a third party for cross-context behavioral advertising, whether or not for monetary or other valuable consideration, including transactions between a business and a third party for cross-context behavioral advertising for the benefit of a business in which no money is exchanged.
“Cross-context behavioral advertising” means the targeting of advertising to a consumer based on the consumer’s personal information obtained from the consumer’s activity across businesses, distinctly-branded websites, applications, or services, other than the business, distinctly-branded website, application, or service with which the consumer intentionally interacts.
"Targeted advertising" means displaying advertisements to a consumer where the advertisement is selected based on personal data obtained from that consumer's activities over time and across nonaffiliated websites or online applications to predict such consumer's preferences or interests. "Targeted advertising" does not include:
- Advertisements based on activities within a controller's own websites or online applications;
- Advertisements based on the context of a consumer's current search query, visit to a website, or online application;
- Advertisements directed to a consumer in response to the consumer's request for information or feedback; or
- Processing personal data processed solely for measuring or reporting advertising performance, reach, or frequency.
“Service Provider” means a sole proprietorship, partnership, limited liability company, corporation, association, or other legal entity that is organized or operated for the profit or financial benefit of its shareholders or other owners, that processes information on behalf of a business and to which the business discloses a consumer’s Personal Information for a business purpose pursuant to a written contract, provided that the contract prohibits the entity receiving the information from retaining, using, or disclosing the personal information for any purpose other than for the specific purpose of performing the services specified in the contract for the business, or as otherwise permitted by this title, including retaining, using, or disclosing the personal information for a commercial purpose other than providing the services specified in the contract with the business.
“Third Party” means a person or entity who is not a business that collects Personal Information from consumers as defined in the Privacy Laws, and to whom the business discloses a consumer’s Personal Information for a business purpose pursuant to a written contract.
The Personal Information We Collect and Disclose
The chart below shows the categories of Personal Information we collect or "may collect"; examples of the type of Personal Information in each category; types of sources from which each category of Personal Information is collected; the business purpose(s) for which that category of Personal Information is collected; and types of third parties with whom that category of Personal Information is shared. This information covers the past 12 months.
|Categories of Personal Information||Examples:||Types of Sources from which this Category of Personal Information Is Collected||Business Purpose(s) for Collection||Types of Third Parties with Whom Disclosed or Sold (sold indicated with italics)|
|Unique identifiers||Name, address, telephone number, email, account name, online identifier, IP address||Consumer, marketing vendors, internal point of sale, Site and App||Marketing, providing the services (Online Check-In), customer service||Service Providers, marketing vendors; franchisees; internal use|
|Physical description||Physical characteristics or description||Stylists||Provide the services to the customer (e.g., Clip Notes)||Service Providers|
|Insurance information(employees only)||Insurance policy number, health insurance information)||Employee||Documenting information in the event of an emergency||Consumer; Government authorities|
|Insurance information (employees only)||Insurance policy number, health insurance information||Employee||Documenting information in the event of an emergency||Consumer; Government authorities|
|Protected class data||Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, including: age (40 years or older), marital status, sex, medical condition, disability||Consumer; employee or prospective employee||Provide the services to the customer (e.g., Clip Notes); HR and employment matters||Service Providers; Internal legal compliance|
|Purchase history||Commercial information, including records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies||Point of sale system (POS)||Providing customer service; marketing processing returns and payment issues||Marketing vendors|
|Internet activity||Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, key strokes, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet Web site, application, or advertisement, cookies||Site and App; Service Providers||Providing goods/services marketing||Internal analytics and account verification; internet hosting providers; marketing vendors;recruiting vendors|
|Geolocation data||Geolocation data||App (user-entered)||Showing nearest salons; marketing; marketing nearby job opportunities||Marketing vendors; internal analytics; recruiting vendors|
|Audio, visual, olfactory information||Some visual information as may be captured in Clip Notes (e.g., physical features, pictures of customers with haircuts)||Consumer; stylists||Providing the in-salon services consistent with the customers’ wishes||Service Providers; franchisees|
|Employment information (applicable to potential employees and employees)||Professional or employment-related information and information required to be collected during the hiring process, as applicable (e.g., SSN, DL number, passport number)||Employee or prospective employee; educational institutions; certification authorities; franchise applicants||Information about what you do, where you work and your certifications||Internal HR systems; identity verification vendors|
|Education information (for potential employees and employees only)||Personally identifiable education information that is not publicly available||Employee or prospective employee; school/educational institution (with permission), cosmetology/barber license status; franchise applicants||Verifying education history for employment purposes or scholarship eligibility||Internal HR systems; identity verification vendors; franchisee employers (if applicable)|
|Inferences||Inferences drawn from any of the information identified in this subdivision to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, behavior, attitudes||Consumer; stylists; cookies; Clip Notes upon in-salon visits||Analytics; providing goods/services; providing job opportunities||Marketing vendors; franchisees; recruiting vendors|
|Government ID number (for job applicants and employees only)||Social security number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number||Employee or prospective employee, franchise applicants (provided by employee or applicant)||Job hiring decisions||HR vendors, third party identity verification services, government authorities|
|Financial information||Bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information (encrypted)||Consumer, employee or franchise applicant (if applicable) (user-entered to initiate transaction)||Process payment transactions related to services; (process payroll)||Payment processor; (internal HR system, if applicable); franchise development; internal use|
|Health/medical Information (for potential employees and employees only)||Medical information, or health insurance information||Employee or prospective employee (provided during onboarding/employment)||Employee file for emergency purposes||Employer HR system only for application/employment purposes|
|Precise Geolocation||Precise Geolocation data||App and Site (user-entered based on express consent)||Online Check-In; Showing nearest salons||None|
|Account log-in||Username and password||Consumer (user-entered and managed)||App or Site (optional); state user preferences||Identity verification provider; App/Site developer|
We will not collect a category of Personal Information not listed above, or use any Personal Information collected in any of the above categories for a business purpose not listed above, without first providing you with notice.
Please note that Great Clips franchisees are responsible for all hiring and personnel matters at their individual salons and may collect additional recruiting and employment-related information not addressed in this Notice.
Sensitive Personal Information
We will only process Sensitive Personal Information where it is necessary for the purposes of complying with our legal obligations or exercising specific rights as permitted by law.
Sensitive Personal Information is any information that reveals your race, ethnic origin, religious beliefs, mental or physical health condition or diagnosis, sex life or sexual orientation, citizenship or citizenship status, genetic or biometric data, personal information of a known child, or precise geographic data. For example, if you consented to and enabled precise geographic location when using our App or Site, we may use this information to provide you with Great Clips® salon locations and distances to such locations. If you did not consent, we will use approximate geographic data or geographic data based on your input, such as a zip code.
When installing our App or in subsequent uses, you may have given the app permission to access the precise geolocation data from your phone’s operating system. If you wish to modify this setting, you may do so through your phone’s settings menu. Please review your operating system instructions as they may be different for each operating systems and version.
Our Site and App are designed for a general audience and are not directed to children. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of 18.
Your Rights Under Privacy Laws
The Right to Know. You have the right to know about and request the Personal Information we have collected, disclosed, or sold about you in the preceding 12 months. You may make such a request up to twice in a 12-month span. Please note that there are circumstances in which we may not be able to comply with your request pursuant to Privacy Laws, including when we cannot verify your request and/or when there is a conflict with our own obligations to comply with other legal or regulatory requirements. We will notify you following submission of your request if this is the case.
The Right to Deletion of Your Personal Information. You have the right to request that we delete certain Personal Information that we have collected. Please note that there are circumstances in which we may not be able to comply with your request pursuant to Privacy Laws, including when we cannot verify your request and/or when there is a conflict with our own obligations to comply with other legal or regulatory requirements. We will notify you following submission of your request if this is the case.
The Right to Opt-Out. You have a right under Privacy Laws to opt-out of the sale or sharing of your personal information or targeted advertising. The process for exercising this right is described below under Sale or Sharing of Information and Your Right to Opt-Out.
The Right to Non-Discrimination. You have a right under Privacy Laws not to be discriminated against for the exercise of your other rights. This includes the right not to be denied goods or services, not to be charged different rates for goods or services, and not to receive a different level or quality of goods or services from us for your exercise of your privacy rights under Privacy Laws.
The Right to Correct Inaccurate Personal Information. You have a right under Privacy Laws to correct inaccurate personal data we may have about you. If you would like to request this right, please submit a request via our Privacy Webform and provide all required information, including detailing the incorrect information you would like corrected. Please note that there are circumstances in which we may not be able to comply with your request pursuant to Privacy Laws, including when we cannot verify your request and/or when there is a conflict with our own obligations to comply with other legal or regulatory requirements. We will notify you following submission of your request if this is the case.
The Right to Appeal. You may have a right under Privacy Laws to appeal our decision on a prior privacy request. This right is available only with respect to an already completed request. Please note that there are circumstances in which we may not be able to comply with your request pursuant to Privacy Laws, including when we cannot verify your request and/or when there is a conflict with our own obligations to comply with other legal or regulatory requirements. We will notify you following submission of your request if this is the case.
Exercising Your Rights Under Privacy Laws
- Right to Know and Right to Deletion. You can make a request by accessing the Privacy Webform or by calling our toll-free number at 1-888-914-9661, and entering pin 143565. The link will take you to an interactive webform that you can complete and submit to make the request that we will then verify; if you use the telephone number, you will be guided through a process that will allow you to submit a request, and the level of verification will depend on the request being submitted. We may follow-up with you to obtain additional verification information, as needed. You may also obtain a written form (with a pre-paid envelope) at a salon location in California and Virginia.
Opt-Out of Sale or Sharing of Information and Targeted Advertising. Use the Privacy Webform to submit a request to Opt-Out of Sale/Share and Targeted Advertising.
In addition to the webform request, you will also need to customize your cookie settings on the Site and App.
Great Clips uses technologies on our website which gather personal information. And, like most companies with an online presence, we share some of that information with our cookie vendors to make sure we deliver the best information to you. This sharing of cookies may be considered a “sale” or “sharing” under Privacy Laws. If you want to Opt-out of Targeted Advertising cookies, or other cookies that are not necessary for the performance of the website, you may do so by accessing our Cookie Preferences Center (also available via the Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information link in the Site footer or App settings) and adjusting your preferences for that web domain or App instance. If you opt-out, we will wait at least 12 months before asking you if we may sell or share your Personal Information.
Please note: Clearing your browser cookies at any time will undo preferences saved through this process. To re-save preferences, please return to this screen after clearing your cookies. Also, please note that the option selected here will only apply to the device you are currently using. You may also opt out of advertising cookies from any other devices you use to access our website or mobile applications
We recognize Global Privacy Control (GPC) signals enabled by customers on their web browser or web browser extension to customize and honor cookie preferences. For more information about GPC, please visit Global Privacy Control.
Lastly, visit NAI Opt-Out or DAA Opt-Out to learn about other methods to opt out of interest-based advertising. Both organizations operate a centralized registry that displays and manages opt-out preferences for participating advertising-technology providers.
We will not deny, charge different prices for, or provide a different level or quality of goods or services, if you choose to exercise any of your privacy rights.
- Right to Correct Personal Information. Use the Privacy Webform to submit a request to correct inaccurate Personal Information.
- Right to Appeal. Use the Privacy Webform to submit a request to appeal a prior decision on a privacy request. Please note that this right is available once such a decision is complete, and you are notified of our decision. In order to submit a request to appeal through the webform, you will be required to provide the previous request ID referenced in email communications related to the request being appealed.
The verification process varies slightly depending on what right you are exercising. However, you can exercise your rights as follows:
- You are not required to create an account to exercise your rights;
- By accessing privacy.greatclips.com (or calling the 1-800 number or mailing, in which case such request will be inputted on your behalf) you can “Make a Request";
- You will be asked to indicate your residency;
- You must then indicate which request you wish to exercise based upon the list of options presented;
- To request to opt-out of the sale of your Personal Information, provide your first name, last name and email, then you must click the verification link in your email for your request to proceed.
- To request deletion of your Personal Information, this same process is required.
- To request access to your specific Personal Information and categorized information, the same process to opt-out is required, but then additional validation will be requested in the form of additional questions based upon the Personal Information we have about you to validate your identity before the request is completed;
- These steps may be updated or amended. If they are, we will describe the updated verification process in this policy.
- You may create a free account on the platform for easier access to make additional requests or verify the status of any pending request, but an account is not required to submit a request.
IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE AN EMAIL ADDRESS DURING THIS PROCESS, YOU MAY NOT BE ABLE TO COMPLETE THE VERIFICATION PROCESS OR OTHERWISE RECEIVE RESPONSES DETAILING THE STATUS OF YOUR REQUEST. IN THIS INSTANCE, YOU WOULD HAVE TO CALL 1-800-GREATCLIPS, OPTION 5 OR SUBMIT A WRITTEN FORM (OBTAINED FROM A SALON) IN ORDER TO CHECK ON THE STATUS OF YOUR ORIGINAL REQUEST.
Please note that we may be unable to identify your Personal Information and verify your identity, including for, but not limited to, the following reasons: (1) you have provided different spellings of your name or you operated under a different name at any point in your interactions with Great Clips, (2) you moved or changed your phone number without having your information updated, (3) you don’t respond to the verification email (please be sure to check your junk or spam folders), or (4) we have reason to suspect the request being made is with mal-intent or otherwise fraudulent in nature.
If you have previously provided us multiple names, phone numbers or addresses, you must submit separate requests for each piece of information for us to properly identify you and/or delete your Personal Information or honor any opt-out requests.
If needed, we may reach out to you with clarifying questions to help verify your identity.
We will not discriminate against you if you exercise any of the rights provided by Privacy Laws set forth in this Privacy Notice. If you exercise any of your privacy rights, including the right to restrict the selling or sharing of your personal information or opt out of targeted advertising, we will honor your requests and you will not be treated differently from those who do not exercise their privacy rights.
Please note that a legitimate denial of a request for information, deletion, correction, appeal, or to opt-out is not discriminatory, nor is charging a fee for excessive or repetitive consumer requests as permitted by the Privacy Laws.
Financial Incentive Notice
We may provide price discounts or coupons for (1) customers who buy specific products or use specific services; (2) recipients of our mailing list who were presented with and took advantage of an incentive to sign up; (3) app subscribers who were presented with and took advantage of an incentive to download the app; and (4) entrants and winners of our sweepstakes (collectively, “programs”). Consumers may provide us with some personal information, including names, email addresses, phone numbers, zip codes, and birthday, when they sign up for our programs. Consumers have no obligation to opt-in and they may opt-out at any time.
We develop and offer these programs to provide show you our services and products that are most relevant to you, to enhance our relationship with you, and deliver value. The value of these programs and any individual consumer’s personal information depends on a number of factors, including but not limited to, whether and to what extent the consumer takes advantage of our programs, our ability to learn about the consumer and the consumer’s preferences and history to help present our products and services, whether and to what extent consumers respond to our offers, coupons, and services.
We do not calculate the value of consumer information as part of our typical business practice. To the extent we create overall value from our programs for our business that could be directly or reasonably related to the value of customer information, we would take into account (1) the expenses associated with the program offer and associated operations, (2) the expenses related to the collection, retention, and enhancement of customer’s personal information, and (3) all other expenses reasonably incurred in relation to these programs.
You have the choice to opt-in to or opt-out of our programs at any time through the same means they are offered. You may also contact us for additional information at 1-800-GREATCLIPS or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may designate an authorized agent to exercise your rights under the CCPA on your behalf. Pursuant to the CCPA:
- Only a business entity or natural person registered with the California Secretary of State may act as an authorized agent.
- You must provide the authorized agent written permission to exercise your rights under the CCPA on your behalf.
- We may deny a request from an authorized agent on your behalf if the authorized agent does not submit proof that he, she, or it has been authorized by you to act on your behalf if we request such proof, as permitted by the CCPA.
- Even if you use an authorized agent to exercise your rights under the CCPA on your behalf, pursuant to the CCPA we may still require that you verify your own identity directly to us. This provision does not apply if you have provided with a power of attorney under California Probate Code sections 4000 to 4465.
Personal Information of Minors
Our Site and App are not designed for children, and we do not collect information online from any person we know is under the age of 18.
We do not knowingly sell the Personal Information of minors who are under 16 years old without their consent or minors who are under 13 years old unless a parent or guardian of that minor affirmatively authorizes the sale of that Personal Information through one of the following methods:
- The parent or guardian used a credit card, debit card, or other online payment system that provides a discrete transaction to the primary account holder in connection with any monetary transaction (such as upon the completion of a salon service).
- The parent or guardian is provided a consent form to be signed under penalty of perjury and returned to us.
If you are a parent or guardian of a minor and believe your child has provided personal information to our Site or App that you would like us to delete or provide you with instructions for deleting, please contact us at email@example.com
If you would like additional information regarding privacy actions taken specific to California, please call our customer service at 1-800-GREATCLIPS or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our web site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to other parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com with the subject “Shine the Light Request.”
Nevada Privacy Rights
Great Clips does not sell the personal information of Nevada residents. However, if you are a Nevada resident, you may request email confirmation that we do not sell your personal information by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have general questions about this notice, please contact us at email@example.com
© 2023 Great Clips, Inc.