This position is responsible for assisting franchisees in the procurement of new locations for Great Clips salons, while seeking market optimization and successfully managing franchisee expectations.
On your journey, you will:
- Manage Great Clips real estate efforts in assigned DMAs by supporting and engaging franchisees in their real estate efforts to ensure maximum penetration of assigned markets.
- Maintain ongoing awareness and knowledge of assigned markets to ensure all real estate opportunities are maximized.
- Develop and maintain relationships with retailers, developers, brokers, and landlords to facilitate effective long-term relationships and create positive positions for Great Clips.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal/external customers to ensure real estate policies, opportunities, and procedures are administered consistently across all markets and communications are maximized for the benefit of the franchisee and the system.
- Listen, earn trust, and accept feedback from franchisees while building strong, positive relationships.
- Collaborate within your real estate team to continually improve Great Clips processes and policies for the betterment of the system.
To land this job you will need to show your proven ability to, or possess the following:
- Negotiation skills, such as the ability to collaborate with others to arrive at a decision.
- Knowledge of real estate networks, developers, landlords, etc.; ability to develop and maintain positive relationships that will enhance the image of the company and its’ franchisees.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively communicate and positively reflect the company’s image as a leader in the marketplace.
- Knowledge and familiarity with franchise and consumer retail businesses; knowledge of the real estate availability and conditions in assigned markets.
- Ability to interpret legal jargon in lease documents and clearly communicate the meaning to people with varying levels of knowledge about leases.
- Knowledge of lease terms and site analysis and the impact they have on lease negotiations.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply policies, systems, practices, and precedents used within the organization.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
- 5+ years of successful commercial real estate experience; retail leasing experience preferred; college degree in business or related field preferred. Knowledge of and experience in existing or proposed Great Clips markets is desirable.
Your Work Environment
This is remote/field position in which you will work a flexible schedule from home office traveling up to 50 % of the time.
- Ability to drive for results, focus on the customer and build realistic plans.
Using a Thoughtful Approach
- Having the ability to think strategically, demonstrate agility, think creatively, apply financial acumen, and promote teamwork.
Working with People
- Excited to build partnerships, model ethical performance, communicate with impact and influence others.
What We Offer
We offer a competitive salary, health benefits, wellness programs, a company-matching 401K and tuition assistance but some perks that set us apart are:
A focus on your development. We want to know what your dreams and aspirations are and hope to find ways of Great Clips helping you along in your journey. Your personalized development plan will create a path for your growth and promotion potential.
A GREAT culture. One of the most frequent compliments you will hear about Great Clips from employees, franchisees and business partners alike is that Great Clips has a GREAT culture. Our belief is that we are strongest together and therefore find it important to have an inclusive, diverse work culture. Though we embrace our differences, we all share in our 6 core values; we are kind, we listen and earn trust, we keep it simple, we focus on execution, we exceed expectations, and WE MAKE IT FUN.
A spirit of ideas and innovation. Here at Great Clips, we have a competitive lead within our industry. Though we hold a strong position, we never stop pushing ourselves forward and continue to look for new ways of delivering a powerful and enduring brand.
About Great Clips
With more than 4,400 franchised salons throughout the United States and Canada, Great Clips is the world’s largest haircutting salon brand. Our salon owners and corporate staff are dedicated to our salon communities with a focus on philanthropic and volunteer activities. Great Clips, Inc.’s employees are passionate about what we do.
Salon Careers - What to Expect
Submit your interest to a local franchisee
Great Clips franchisee will reach out to you
A Great Clips franchisee will host an interview
The Great Clips franchisee will contact you should you be a fit for their position