Salt Lake City, Utah
The Franchise Operations Specialist builds relationships and makes connections with salon managers, franchisees and across internal departments that are focused on providing the best possible customer experience by coaching, influencing and motivating salon managers, general managers, and franchisees on how to improve and grow the salons performance. This position is responsible for monitoring and documenting compliance with the delivery of Great Clips operating system and the brand within the salons.
On your journey, you will face the opportunity to:
- Evaluate salon operations and provide recommendations on how to improve salon performance.
- Complete salon audits using appropriate Great Clips tools and resources to ensure salons are operating within Great Clips operational and facility standards.
- Provide coaching and development for salon managers to ensure they are receiving specific feedback about salon performance and have access to the resources to support continued growth of the salon.
- Consult with franchises and other Great Clips, Inc. staff to influence improved performance and growth for each salon and franchised organization.
- Manage assigned market budgets throughout the year to ensure expenses and net salon goals are met.
- Build trust with franchisees as a way to influence positive growth within their organization.
- Motivate large groups of salon managers and franchisees with engaging public speaking skills.
- Effectively lead presentations.
- Demonstrate the ability to listen, earn trust, and accept direct feedback from franchisees while building strong, positive relationships.
To land this job you will need to demonstrate or possess the following:
- Ability to build relationships, motivate, coach, and influence others.
- A customer service orientation mentality.
- Ability to conduct workshops and presentations.
- Basic understanding of financials.
- Analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Ability to establish credibility and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to travel and work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends is required.
- Knowledge of and skill in using application software including Word, Excel, Microsoft Outlook, and Internet functionality.
- Helpful, but not required: Knowledge of retail operations, including real estate, construction, marketing, training.
- Skill of helping individuals to understand problems, goals, and various courses of action.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds is required.
- 2 years post high school business or equivalent education and 4 years of salon/retail management experience is required.
Your Work Environment
. As this is a remote position, you will work out of your home office when not on the road. Regular travel to salons and company meetings will be necessary, thus the ability to travel 40-60% of the time is required.
- Ability to drive for results, focus on the customer and build realistic plans.
Using a Thoughtful Approach
- Having the ability to think strategically, demonstrate agility, think creatively, apply financial acumen and promote teamwork.
Working with People
- Excited to build partnerships, model ethical performance, communicate with impact and influence others.
What We Offer
We offer a competitive salary, health benefits, wellness programs, a company-matching 401K and tuition assistance but some perks that set us apart are:
A focus on your development. We want to know what your dreams and aspirations are and hope to find ways of Great Clips helping you along in your journey. Your personalized development plan will create a path for your growth and promotion potential.
A GREAT culture. One the most frequent compliments you will hear about Great Clips from employees, franchisees and business partners alike is that Great Clips has a GREAT culture. Our belief is that we are strongest together and therefore find it important to have an inclusive, diverse work culture. Though we embrace our differences, we all share in our 6 core values; we are kind, we listen and earn trust, we keep it simple, we focus on execution, we exceed expectations and WE MAKE IT FUN.
A spirit of ideas and innovation. Here at Great Clips, we have a competitive lead within our industry. Though we hold a strong position, we never stop pushing ourselves forward and continue to look for new ways of delivering a powerful and enduring brand.
About Great Clips
With more than 4,000 franchised salons throughout the United States and Canada, Great Clips is the world’s largest haircutting salon brand. Our salon owners and corporate staff are dedicated to our salon communities with a focus on philanthropic and volunteer activities. Great Clips, Inc. employees are passionate about what we do and we are always striving to find ways to make what we do even better.
Salon Careers - What to Expect
Submit your interest to a local franchisee
Great Clips franchisee will reach out to you
A Great Clips franchisee will host an interview
The Great Clips franchisee will contact you should you be a fit for their position