General ManagerReq ID: NAJ8 Date Posted: 01/07/2019 Job Ref #: NAJ8 I'm Interested
Salon General Manager - North Pittsburgh DMA
General Manager of 4 well established and growing salons in the North Pittsburgh market. In pursuit of a highly motivated, energetic, and qualified individual seeking a very lucrative and obtainable performance based bonus program that includes a substantial guaranteed base pay.
Primary Responsibility:This position is responsible for the overall management, coaching and development of salon managers and their salons, in order to ensure quality brand delivery, and to achieve continued salon growth.
- Manages the selection, training, assessment and development of high quality managers to assure maximum effectiveness, motivation, and retention.
- Recruits and selects high quality managers, maintaining a balance between job requirements and salon needs.
- Communicates job responsibilities and performance expectations to managers, holds managers accountable for desired results.
- Conducts performance and salary reviews on time, and provides managers with a balanced mix of positive and constructive feedback about their performance.
- Develops managers’ abilities and skills; defines training and development needs, works with managers to establish development plans, and encourages completion of the plans.
- Consistently follows all organization’s policies, practices and procedures.
- Solicits input and feedback on issues that affect managers, answer questions, and explain decisions.
- Keeps managers well informed and holds regular meetings to communicate, educate and build teamwork.
- Works with managers to hire the best stylists that fit the Great Clips model.
- Directs the implementation and communication of tools and resources to help managers achieve brand measures and other key measures to grow their salons and achieve profitability.
- Develops salon and manager performance goals against brand and other key measures; consistently reports and monitors results.
- Analyzes brand and other key measures to evaluate salon performance; takes appropriate action related to gaps and opportunities.
- Monitors salon schedules to ensure customer demand is met and wait times are low.
- Manages payroll expense within acceptable standards without compromising the customer experience.
- Implements a review process for salons.
- Conducts meetings with individual managers and works with them to develop strategies to improve brand measures and salon profitability.
- Facilitates salon planning and marketing focused on continuously improving customer growth.
- Creates and manages salon recruiting and staffing plans to ensure salons are properly staffed.
- Directs the implementation and communication of salon operations processes to ensure compliance with established standards and brand strategy.
- Communicates operations standards; works with managers to integrate processes into salons.
- Provides leadership and strategic direction to evaluate and monitor salon operations and standards.
- Visits salons on a regular and frequent basis to ensure professional and leadership visibility.
- Monitors customer complaints and responds to serious customer issues to ensure customer satisfaction; uses customer complaints to ensure issues are not repeated and that staff learns from mistakes.
- Follows and ensures that managers follow established human resource processes and procedures.
- Coaches and provides feedback to managers to improve brand delivery and salon operations.
- Establishes and communicates expectations for salon meetings; works with managers to ensure that meetings are regularly scheduled and productive for all participants.
- Works with managers to provide strategic support and direction in the brand education and initiatives.
- Leads meetings and work sessions with manager to improve brand measures and achieve success against goals.
- Provides strategic direction to managers related to the identification and support of underperforming salons to ensure opportunities are addressed in a timely manner and plans are in place for improvement.
- Provides leadership to resolve outstanding issues and problems.
- Works with managers to develop goals and execute salon plans.
- Identifies under performing salons or salons with weak or declining trends, oversees the planning and provides support to improve performance.
- Participates in the annual budget process and manages the organization’s budget throughout the year to ensure that expenses are reasonable compared to budget.
- Prepares revenue and expense projections for organization; submits for approval.
- Monitors budget on a monthly basis to ensure expenses are within budget; notes exceptions and potential problems areas and follows up as needed.
- Evaluates expenses and costs to ensure salon supplies expenses remain reasonable.
- Performs other projects, work and activities as assigned to ensure continuous service to our internal and external customers.
Requirements / Competencies:
- Willingness to travel to & work at each of the 4 salons a minimum of twice per week.
- Willingness to work on weekends - our highest customer count period.
- Very good computer literacy is required. Proficient with Microsoft Word & Excel, etc.
- Ability to set-up, proficiently use, and maintain a home laptop or PC, printer, scanner, etc.
- Strong self-discipline - Makes sound, logic decisions - And is proud to lead by example.
- Manages timely and effective execution of tasks and assignments.
- Establishes strong relationships and trust withManagers, Stylists, and Customers.
- Promotes and develops teamwork within and between the salons.
- Motivates, mentors, and developsManagers and Stylists.
- Builds aggressive, yet realistic/obtainable development plans for salon growth.
- Ability to analyze and use financial data to development plans for salon growth.
Required Education and Experience:
8+ years retail management experience, or a B.A. in business or related field with 3+ years multi-unit experience, or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge. Cosmetology License Required