Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minnesota
Great Clips is all about making things great – whether by making someone look their best through a great haircut or by building great products that deliver superior experiences to users. Technical Product Managers are the masterminds that lead the vision, innovation and execution of digital product solutions that deliver greatness.
As the Technical Product Manager of the salon point of sale software solution, you will take on the challenge of leading product development efforts to create digital solutions that support salon operations, brand delivery, and provide value to franchisees and their salon staff. These challenges, paired with your personalized development plan, will hone your technical leadership skillsets and allow you to continue leveling up your product development mastery. On your journey, you will face challenges like:
- Driving product strategies that align with product vision and business goal
- Gaining an understanding of franchisee and their salon staff’s needs through building relationships, participating in committees, leading pilot groups, and spending time in salons
- Designing roadmaps that plan and prioritize what and when product teams will deliver
- Defining user stories and requirements
- Being the expert on the salon point of sale software solution
- Partnering with various technology teams and our point-of-sale vendor to develop new features, resolve bugs, and enhance products
- Working directly with business analysts to design requirements, perform user acceptance testing and approve releases for market
- Leading the go-to-market efforts for new features and products
- Developing product user documentation
- Leading the development of training efforts that empower franchisees’ and salon staff’s use of products
- Delivering presentations about key product messages and functionality
- Working with the other members of the Product Strategy & Innovation team to create best practices and processes for product owners across the company
Whether you’ve already held positions as a technical product manager of point-of-sale systems or have been involved with driving point of sale products in some other capacity, to land this job you will need to show your proven ability to:
- To lead product management efforts through strategizing, planning, executing, and launching
- Collaborate with technology teams with a strong understanding and ability to follow SDLC processes
- Understand the ins-and-outs of point of sale systems and their integration with other retail operation tools
- Use both business and technology acumen to effectively build product strategies and roadmaps
- Think creatively and innovate
- Organize ideas and prioritize initiatives with consideration of competing priorities and resource capacity
- Provide guidance and accountability to vendor partners
- Understand technology concepts and “what it takes” to develop technology solutions
- Close the communication gap between technical teams and non-technical departments with strong written communication skills
- Listen to others and derive their technology needs
- Influence others with your ideas
- Deliver presentations via public speaking
- Stay on top of developments and trends within technology and the marketplace
- Apply practices and principles gained through a bachelor’s degree in technology or 5+ years of equivalent experience
Your Work Environment
Our corporate headquarters are in Bloomington, MN. Our approach to work environment focuses on the balance between teamwork and flexibility which means that you have the choice to work predominately remote (besides monthly in office Connection Days and monthly Business Intelligence & Technology team meetings) or in the office based on your personal needs. Our office has lots of natural light, hydraulic desks for standing or sitting and many other amenities, so we are sure you will enjoy your office time as much as working remotely.
- Ability to drive for results, focus on the customer and build realistic plans.
Using a Thoughtful Approach
- Having the ability to think strategically, demonstrate agility, think creatively, apply financial acumen and promote teamwork.
Working with People
- Excited to build partnerships, model ethical performance, communicate with impact and influence others.
- Ability to listen, earn trust, and accept direct feedback from others while building strong, positive relationships.
- Attract, develop, manage and retain top talent through mentoring, training, feedback and coaching to a manager’s direct, indirect and cross-functional teams.
What We Offer
We offer a competitive salary, health benefits, wellness programs, a company-matching 401K and tuition assistance but some perks that set us apart are:
A focus on your development. We want to know what your dreams and aspirations are and hope to find ways of Great Clips helping you along in your journey. Your personalized development plan will create a path for your growth and promotion potential.
A GREAT culture. One the most frequent compliments you will hear about Great Clips from employees, franchisees and business partners alike is that Great Clips has a GREAT culture. Our belief is that we are strongest together and therefore find it important to have an inclusive, diverse work culture. Though we embrace our differences, we all share in our 6 core values; we are kind, we listen and earn trust, we keep it simple, we focus on execution, we exceed expectations and WE MAKE IT FUN.
A spirit of ideas and innovation. Here at Great Clips, we have a competitive lead within our industry. Though we hold a strong position, we never stop pushing ourselves forward and continue to look for new ways of delivering a powerful and enduring brand. We see innovative technologies as a key component to this. As a member of the technology team, you would have the opportunity to bring your ideas to the table and take part in all the fun around growth and innovation
About Great Clips
With more than 4,400 franchised salons throughout the United States and Canada, Great Clips is the world’s largest haircutting salon brand. Our salon owners and corporate staff are dedicated to our salon communities with a focus on philanthropic and volunteer activities. Great Clips, Inc. employees are passionate about what we do and our technology team geeks out in finding ways to use technology to make what we do even better.
Salon Careers - What to Expect
Submit your interest to a local franchisee
Great Clips franchisee will reach out to you
A Great Clips franchisee will host an interview
The Great Clips franchisee will contact you should you be a fit for their position