Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minnesota
This position ensures the accurate compilation, analysis and reporting of taxable income for all entities, proper payment of all income taxes and acts as liaison between the company, government and external auditors in providing the required information and ensuring that proper information is maintained for Great Clips, Inc., and all its affiliates.
On your journey, you will face challenges like:
- Develop internal policies and procedures to ensure compliance with Federal, state and Canadian income and related tax laws. Monitor changes to the laws and determine impact to the company and/or its franchisees.
- Preparation of annual tax provision and updates for proper payment of taxes and assistance with tax return preparation by third party accounting firm.
- Management of company equity plans and payment of shareholder tax payments and other distributions
- Manage and track tax related data for company airplane transportation and provide tax impact studies for deductible expenses and proper additions to employee taxable income.
- Provide management and franchisee community with periodic updates with respect to changes in the tax laws that would have an impact on company business.
- Manage Federal, state and city tax audits for income and sales and use tax.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned including but not limited to; 1) assistance with corporate salon takeovers, 2) accounting policy research, 3) track charitable contribution spending, 4) help research FASB accounting pronouncements and how they may affect company’s taxes.
- Ability to listen, earn trust, and accept direct feedback from franchisees while building strong, positive relationships.
To land this job you will need to show your proven ability to:
- Knowledge and advanced skills in operation of financial general ledger software and related reporting tools, Excel and ad hoc report writing tools.
- Detailed knowledge of Federal income tax principals and working knowledge of state income and apportionment rules and Canadian income tax laws.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written and small group oral communications.
- Knowledge of executive compensation plans and related tax rules and regulations.
- Ability to analyze data and trends and develop recommendations for changes in programs/processes.
- Ability to develop, initiate and implement new procedures and manage process improvements to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Ability to determine taxable adjustments to company GAAP income.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with a group of individuals organized for a particular purpose to make the work of the group successful and effective.
- Four-year degree in accounting or finance and a minimum of five years of progressive experience in tax and accounting or related occupation. CPA is desired.
Your Work Environment
Our corporate headquarters are in Bloomington, MN. Our approach to work environment focuses on the balance between teamwork and flexibility which means that you have the choice to work predominately remote (besides monthly in office Connection Days or department meetings as necessary) or in the office based on your personal needs. Our office has lots of natural light, hydraulic desks for standing or sitting and many other amenities, so we are sure you will enjoy your office time as much as working remotely.
This is a Home Office position in which you will work a standard 40 hours a week schedule where you may sit and look at a computer screen for extended periods. Additional hours may be required during month and year end close, and other occasional busy periods throughout the year. There may be opportunity to travel once or twice a year to meetings and conferences.
- Ability to drive for results, focus on the customer and build realistic plans.
Using a Thoughtful Approach
- Having the ability to think strategically, demonstrate agility, think creatively, apply financial acumen and promote teamwork.
Working with People
- Excited to build partnerships, model ethical performance, communicate with impact and influence others.
What We Offer
We offer a competitive salary, health benefits, wellness programs, a company-matching 401K and tuition assistance but some perks that set us apart are:
A focus on your development. We want to know what your dreams and aspirations are and hope to find ways of Great Clips helping you along in your journey. Your personalized development plan will create a path for your growth and promotion potential.
A GREAT culture. One the most frequent compliments you will hear about Great Clips from employees, franchisees and business partners alike is that Great Clips has a GREAT culture. Our belief is that we are strongest together and therefore find it important to have an inclusive, diverse work culture. Though we embrace our differences, we all share in our 6 core values; we are kind, we listen and earn trust, we keep it simple, we focus on execution, we exceed expectations and WE MAKE IT FUN.
A spirit of ideas and innovation. Here at Great Clips, we have a competitive lead within our industry. Though we hold a strong position, we never stop pushing ourselves forward and continue to look for new ways of delivering a powerful and enduring brand.
About Great Clips
With more than 4,300 franchised salons throughout the United States and Canada, Great Clips is the world’s largest haircutting salon brand. Our salon owners and corporate staff are dedicated to our salon communities with a focus on philanthropic and volunteer activities. Great Clips, Inc. employees are passionate about what we do.
Salon Careers - What to Expect
Submit your interest to a local franchisee
Great Clips franchisee will reach out to you
A Great Clips franchisee will host an interview
The Great Clips franchisee will contact you should you be a fit for their position