Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minnesota
Candidates must reside in the Greater Minneapolis St. Paul metro area.
As part of the talented and driven technology team, the Systems Administrator III will help lead our IT Operations efforts. The Systems Administrator III partners closely on solution delivery and technology selection, assists with the transition to future state architecture, drives technology acceleration, and fosters innovation to achieve business outcomes. This individual administers the enterprise IT Operations and infrastructure and keeps up with the latest technology trends to promote continuous technology improvement to support the business. The Systems Administrator III is a strategic thinker who understands business and technology, and advocates for technical solutions that align with the company’s mission, vision, and goals.
On your journey, you will face challenges like:
- Manage and maintain our systems infrastructure, including servers, storage devices, and networks
- Configure and maintain servers and associated hardware, software, and applications.
- Monitor and optimize system performance, capacity, and availability.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex issues related to hardware, software, and network infrastructure.
- Plan and execute system upgrades, patches, and migrations.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure security, availability, and integrity of our systems infrastructure.
- Collaborate with other IT team members to support and improve our technology infrastructure and services.
- Provide technical support to end-users, including remote and on-site support as needed.
- Document systems configurations, procedures, and troubleshooting steps.
To land this job you will need to demonstrate, and/or possess the following:
- 7+ years of experience in systems administration, preferably in a large enterprise environment, Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, Information Technology, preferred; or a combination of equivalent education and experience
- Certificates and training in Windows Server, Azure, Cisco, etc. a plus.
- Expert-level knowledge of network administration, including TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, VLANs, and firewalls.
- Strong experience with server operating systems, such as Windows Server and Linux/Unix.
- Strong experience with Azure Cloud technologies.
- Experience with virtualization technologies, such as VMware and Nutanix AHV.
- Experience with storage technologies, such as SAN, NAS, and RAID.
- Strong understanding of security best practices and experience implementing security controls.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with other IT team members and end-users.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Your Work Environment
Our corporate headquarters are in Bloomington, MN. Our approach to work environment focuses on the balance between teamwork and flexibility, which means that you have the ability to work remotely and in the office. We have four in office Connection Days monthly in addition to monthly Business Intelligence & Technology team meetings. Our office has lots of natural light, hydraulic desks for standing or sitting and many other amenities, so we are sure you will enjoy your office time as much as working remotely.
Living the Values
We Are Kind
- Treat others the way you would like to be treated. Be humble, act honorably, and express gratitude. Respect and value everyone’s role in our company’s success.
We Exceed Expectations
- Innovate; be curious about what’s possible. Be adaptable and eager to respond to challenges. Collaborate and work together to achieve our goals. Strive for greatness and inspire others by your example. Be proactive. Seek continuous improvement.
We Focus on Execution
- Make decisions with the belief it can be executed in 6,000 salons. Focus on impact of key brand measures. Prioritize on ability to execute quickly.
We Keep it Simple
- Set clear expectations. Make things easy to understand and execute. Stacy focused on what’s most important.
We Listen and Earn Trust
- Be respectfully honest; react thoughtfully. Respond quickly – 24 hours or less, and remember that personal contact is always best. Be transparent through open communication and candid conversation. Be willing to admit mistakes and fix them. Listen generously: Seek to understand other’s perspectives. Act with integrity. Always. Even when no one will know.
We Make it Fun
- Smile! Find opportunities to laugh. Celebrate accomplishments and recognize the contributions of others. Approach people and situations with a positive attitude. Build a sense of community where everyone enjoys coming to work every day.
What We Offer
We offer a competitive salary, health benefits, wellness programs, a company-matching 401K and tuition assistance but some perks that set us apart are:
A focus on your development. We want to know what your dreams and aspirations are and hope to find ways of Great Clips helping you along in your journey. Your personalized development plan will create a path for your growth and promotion potential.
A GREAT culture. One the most frequent compliments you will hear about Great Clips from employees, franchisees and business partners alike is that Great Clips has a GREAT culture. Our belief is that we are strongest together and therefore find it important to have an inclusive, diverse work culture. Though we embrace our differences, we all share in our 6 core values; we are kind, we listen and earn trust, we keep it simple, we focus on execution, we exceed expectations, and WE MAKE IT FUN.
A spirit of ideas and innovation. Here at Great Clips, we have a competitive lead within our industry. Though we hold a strong position, we never stop pushing ourselves forward and continue to look for new ways of delivering a powerful and enduring brand.
About Great Clips
With more than 4,400 franchised salons throughout the United States and Canada, Great Clips is the world’s largest haircutting salon brand. Our salon owners and corporate staff are dedicated to our salon communities with a focus on philanthropic and volunteer activities. Great Clips, Inc. employees are passionate about what we do and our technology team geeks out in finding ways to use technology to make what we do even better.
Salon Careers - What to Expect
Submit your interest to a local franchisee
Great Clips franchisee will reach out to you
A Great Clips franchisee will host an interview
The Great Clips franchisee will contact you should you be a fit for their position