Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minnesota
This position will learn and own key accounting, research, and analysis responsibilities, work directly with vendors and franchisees, and has great growth opportunity!
On your journey, you will:
To land this job you will need to show your proven ability to, or possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and 1-5 years of experience in accounting or related field, or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
- Ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the company, including presenting in small groups and leading effective one-to-one communications.
- Experience using a financial general ledger ERP system and application software including Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of various types of accounts and accounting entries. Ability to post, verify and balance debit and credit entries, reconcile accounts, prepare journal entries, maintain journals and ledgers.
- Organizational skills, such as the ability to categorize, sort, and utilize information and/or materials in a meaningful, efficient, and logical manner.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple responsibilities simultaneously and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Ability to take initiative and to follow through with appropriate action.
- Skill to perform arithmetic equations of moderate difficulty such as decimals, fractions, and ratios in accounting applications.
Your Work Environment
Our corporate headquarters are in Bloomington, MN. Our approach to work environment focuses on the balance between teamwork and flexibility. We have a hybrid work environment that brings together the benefits of both working from home and coming into the office twice a week. Wednesdays are required in office days with your other day the choice of coming in either Monday, Tuesday, or Thursday. Our office has lots of natural light, hydraulic desks for standing or sitting and many other amenities so we are sure you will enjoy your time here as well as the flexibility to work remotely. Your position may require the infrequent need to travel for occasional events.
- Ability to drive for results, focus on the customer and build realistic plans.
Using a Thoughtful Approach
- Having the ability to think strategically, demonstrate agility, think creatively, apply financial acumen and promote teamwork.
Working with People
- Excited to build partnerships, model ethical performance, communicate with impact and influence others.
What We Offer
We offer a competitive salary, health benefits, wellness programs, a company-matching 401K and tuition assistance but some perks that set us apart are:
A focus on your development. We want to know what your dreams and aspirations are and hope to find ways of Great Clips helping you along in your journey. Your personalized development plan will create a path for your growth and promotion potential.
A GREAT culture. One the most frequent compliments you will hear about Great Clips from employees, franchisees and business partners alike is that Great Clips has a GREAT culture. Our belief is that we are strongest together and therefore find it important to have an inclusive, diverse work culture. Though we embrace our differences, we all share in our 6 core values; we are kind, we listen and earn trust, we keep it simple, we focus on execution, we exceed expectations and WE MAKE IT FUN.
A spirit of ideas and innovation. Here at Great Clips, we have a competitive lead within our industry. Though we hold a strong position, we never stop pushing ourselves forward and continue to look for new ways of delivering a powerful and enduring brand.
About Great Clips
With more than 4,400 franchised salons throughout the United States and Canada, Great Clips is the world’s largest haircutting salon brand. Our salon owners and corporate staff are dedicated to our salon communities with a focus on philanthropic and volunteer activities. Great Clips, Inc. employees are passionate about what we do.
Salon Careers - What to Expect
Submit your interest to a local franchisee
Great Clips franchisee will reach out to you
A Great Clips franchisee will host an interview
The Great Clips franchisee will contact you should you be a fit for their position