Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minnesota
The purpose of this position is to support system-wide employer branding and recruitment marketing that positions Great Clips franchisees as the employer of choice for stylists and barbers and create recruiting and retention resources for salon owners to leverage within their organizations. This position reports to the Recruiting Resources Manager.
On your journey, you will face challenges like:
- Establish and maintain ongoing communication and marketing to cosmetology schools, including writing newsletters.
- Communicate internally and externally regarding industry research, Great Clips benefits, and any relevant standards.
- Develop and maintain the cosmetology school directory.
- Identify, create, and maintain critical school resources and content (e.g., educational resources, presentations, event in a box, school visit recommendations, videos) for local schools recruiting initiatives. Develop and maintain vendor relationship for various recruiting and retention programs such as discount programs for Great Clips stylists and retention related vendors. Assist in supporting key programs such as Great Scholarship.
- Support educator events across the system to promote the brand.
- Stay abreast of national trends, program costs, enrollment and draft reports and educate GCI and franchisees.
- Provide resources to major schools and establish relationships to ensure partnerships are formed that will generate positive impact and benefit for the company, and Great Clips is positioned as the salon brand of choice within the industry.
- Partner with schools to identify program opportunities. Build relationships that promote information sharing and collaboration.
- Identify employer awards and run application process.
- Contribute to stylist retention programs.
To land this job you will need to demonstrate, and/or possess the following:
- Associate degree or higher in Business or related field with 3+ years of experience in non-exempt recruiting or marketing role; or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge
- Experience with Outlook, Excel and Microsoft Word, PowerPoint
- Strong verbal/written communication skills
- Project management skills
- Graphic design experience preferred
- Strong PowerPoint and webinar skills
Your Work Environment
Our corporate headquarters are in Bloomington, MN. Our approach to work environment focuses on the balance between teamwork and flexibility which means that you have the choice to work predominately remote (besides four monthly in office Connection Days or department meetings as necessary) or in the office based on your personal needs. Our office has lots of natural light, hydraulic desks for standing or sitting and many other amenities, so we are sure you will enjoy your office time as much as working remotely.
This position requires up to 15% travel.
Living the Values
We Are Kind
- Treat others the way you would like to be treated. Be humble, act honorably, and express gratitude. Respect and value everyone’s role in our company’s success.
We Exceed Expectations
- Innovate; be curious about what’s possible. Be adaptable and eager to respond to challenges. Collaborate and work together to achieve our goals. Strive for greatness and inspire others by your example. Be proactive. Seek continuous improvement.
We Focus on Execution
- Make decisions with the belief it can be executed in 6,000 salons. Focus on impact of key brand measures. Prioritize on ability to execute quickly.
We Keep it Simple
- Set clear expectations. Make things easy to understand and execute. Stay focused on what’s most important.
We Listen and Earn Trust
- Be respectfully honest; react thoughtfully. Respond quickly – 24 hours or less, and remember that personal contact is always best. Be transparent through open communication and candid conversation. Be willing to admit mistakes and fix them. Listen generously: Seek to understand other’s perspectives. Act with integrity. Always. Even when no one will know.
We Make it Fun
- Smile! Find opportunities to laugh. Celebrate accomplishments and recognize the contributions of others. Approach people and situations with a positive attitude. Build a sense of community where everyone enjoys coming to work every day.
What We Offer
We offer a competitive salary, health benefits, wellness programs, a company-matching 401K and tuition assistance but some perks that set us apart are:
A focus on your development. We want to know what your dreams and aspirations are and hope to find ways of Great Clips helping you along in your journey. Your personalized development plan will create a path for your growth and promotion potential.
A GREAT culture. One of the most frequent compliments you will hear about Great Clips from employees, franchisees and business partners alike is that Great Clips has a GREAT culture. Our belief is that we are strongest together and therefore find it important to have an inclusive, diverse work culture. Though we embrace our differences, we all share in our 6 core values; we are kind, we listen and earn trust, we keep it simple, we focus on execution, we exceed expectations and WE MAKE IT FUN.
A spirit of ideas and innovation. Here at Great Clips, we have a competitive lead within our industry. Though we hold a strong position, we never stop pushing ourselves forward and continue to look for new ways of delivering a powerful and enduring brand.
About Great Clips
With more than 4,400 franchised salons throughout the United States and Canada, Great Clips is the world’s largest haircutting salon brand. Our salon owners and corporate staff are dedicated to our salon communities with a focus on philanthropic and volunteer activities. Great Clips, Inc. employees are passionate about what we do and our technology team geeks out in finding ways to use technology to make what we do even better.
Salon Careers - What to Expect
Submit your interest to a local franchisee
Great Clips franchisee will reach out to you
A Great Clips franchisee will host an interview
The Great Clips franchisee will contact you should you be a fit for their position