Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minnesota
Applicants in the Minneapolis-St. Paul Metropolitan area only, please.
Great Clips is all about bringing great value to people with minimal disruption to their busy lives - both within their haircut experience and within their experiences with our digital technologies. A Great Clips Quality Assurance Analyst plays an instrumental role in making that possible by ensuring software is properly tested and free of major defects before being released to production.
This position is responsible for the documentation and execution of software testing within the Great Clips technology environment. The quality assurance analyst collaborates with software developers, business analysts, product owners, and other Great Clips team members on software testing strategies and best practices. This role also performs analysis to determine testing needs and identify test coverage gaps within product functionality, performance, accessibility, UI, and security.
As a Quality Assurance Analyst, you will take on the challenge of creating and managing all testing artifacts (test cases, test plans, test suites, and product-wide regression testing documentation) for assigned applications within the Great Clips suite of products. Your contributions will help drive the team’s ability to provide stable and well-tested software releases to internal and customer facing applications. These challenges paired with your personalized development plan will hone your skills and give you the opportunity to continue leveling up your quality assurance skillset. On your journey, you will face challenges like:
- Conduct efficient and effective test planning to minimize product defects and ensure customer facing and internal technology products meet defined acceptance criteria.
- Review system requirements and features to ensure testability. Leverage automated testing procedures where possible and script manual test procedures where necessary.
- Perform functional and non-functional testing, monitor test environments and test data, and coordinate performance testing.
- Gather, document, and disseminate meaningful test results to all necessary parties while leveraging the appropriate tone for the given audience.
- Identify, report, and prioritize defects while working with the product owner, business analyst, and development team to resolve.
- Work with project managers, product owners, business analysts, and application developers to capture, design, and execute quality assurance testing across multiple platforms and processes.
- Champion process adherence, improvement, and consistency while maintaining positive working relationships that re-enforce accountability.
- Ability to quickly learn platforms, products, and processes with a high level of accuracy.
- Conduct post-release/post-implementation testing.
- Collaborate with QA/Testing resources to facilitate processes and develop effective testing strategies.
- Ability to listen, earn trust, and accept direct feedback from team members while building strong, positive relationships within the team and across the company.
To land this job you will need to demonstrate:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, or Information Technology preferred with 3-5 years of relevant experience testing software or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
- Demonstration of strong quality assurance analyst skills on a variety of products, including but not limited to test script creation and execution, problem solving, and appropriate escalation of issues.
- Experience with Microsoft applications and testing tools; Azure DevOps experience a plus.
- Experience with Agile and waterfall methodologies preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to bridge communication among technical and non-technical staff and customers.
- Ability to be flexible, such as the ability to work on multiple tasks, handle interruptions, and adapt to changing priorities.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Ability to interact with the end users and provide training and support of quality assurance processes.
Your Work Environment
This is a hybrid position requiring in-office workdays twice weekly, including every Wednesday and another day of your choice (Monday, Tuesday or Thursday). The remainder of the week can be worked remotely with reliable, secure internet. You will work a standard 40 hours a week schedule in an environment where you may sit and look at the computer screen for extended periods. Additional hours may be required during month and year end close and other occasional busy periods throughout the year. There is flexibility on the time you start and end your workday. There may be opportunity to travel once or twice a year to meetings and conferences.
0-25% travel required.
- Ability to drive for results, providing exceptional monitoring and support of key integrations.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
Using a Thoughtful Approach
- Having the ability to think strategically, demonstrate agility, think creatively, and promote teamwork.
Working with People
- Excited to build partnerships, model ethical performance, communicate with impact and influence others.
What We Offer
We offer a competitive salary, health benefits, wellness programs, a company-matching 401K and tuition assistance but some perks that set us apart are:
A focus on your development. We want to know what your dreams and aspirations are and hope to find ways of Great Clips helping you along in your journey. Your personalized development plan will create a path for your growth and promotion potential.
A GREAT culture. One the most frequent compliments you will hear about Great Clips from employees, franchisees and business partners alike is that Great Clips has a GREAT culture. Our belief is that we are strongest together and therefore find it important to have an inclusive, diverse work culture. Though we embrace our differences, we all share in our 6 core values; we are kind, we listen and earn trust, we keep it simple, we focus on execution, we exceed expectations, and WE MAKE IT FUN.
A spirit of ideas and innovation. Here at Great Clips, we have a competitive lead within our industry. Though we hold a strong position, we never stop pushing ourselves forward and continue to look for new ways of delivering a powerful and enduring brand.
About Great Clips
With more than 4,000 franchised salons throughout the United States and Canada, Great Clips is the world’s largest haircutting salon brand. Our salon owners and corporate staff are dedicated to our salon communities with a focus on philanthropic and volunteer activities. Great Clips, Inc. employees are passionate about what we do and our technology team geeks out in finding ways to use technology to make what we do even better.
Salon Careers - What to Expect
Submit your interest to a local franchisee
Great Clips franchisee will reach out to you
A Great Clips franchisee will host an interview
The Great Clips franchisee will contact you should you be a fit for their position