Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minnesota
Greater Minneapolis St. Paul area candidates only please.
This position supports the Meetings and Event group and assists in the executions of Great Clips meetings and corporate events.
On your journey, you will have the opportunity to:
- Lead in the planning and execution of reoccurring company meetings, New Franchisee Training, off-site department meetings and select other events to include both in-person and virtual formats.
- Partner with Meetings and Events Director on the planning and coordination of large company events to ensure all attendees have the information they need to participate in the event and that all components of the event run smoothly.
- Manage the event registration system for all Great Clip, Inc events.
- Coordinate site selection process to include creating RFP’s, sourcing properties, compiling responses, and scheduling site visits.
- Manage event communications including event documentation, participant updates and directions via inSite and event master calendars.
- Partner with Meetings and Events Manager during event execution on-site including attendee registration, meals, session support, and assisting attendees.
- Ability to listen, earn trust, and accept direct feedback from franchisees while building strong, positive relationships.
To land this job, you will need to show your proven ability to:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of previous experience in meeting and events/hospitality industry.
- Organization skills, time management skills, and attention to details.
- Written and verbal communication skills to initiate professional and effective contact with salons, franchisees, corporate staff, vendors, etc.
- Knowledge of and skill in using application software in Windows environment such as Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of Aventi and Cvent preferred.
- Knowledge of virtual event execution; experience with Zoom preferred.
- Knowledge of the meeting planning industry, knowledge of food and meeting trends, event coordination, and travel management.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds occasionally; ability to pack boxes and push/pull a loaded cart.
- Ability to travel up to once a month
- Ability to work nights and weeks as needed.
Your Work Environment
Our corporate headquarters are in Bloomington, MN. Our approach to work environment focuses on the balance between teamwork and flexibility, which means you will have the option to work remotely many days with four employee connection days strongly encouraged in the office each month. Our office has lots of natural light, hydraulic desks for standing or sitting and many other amenities so we are sure you will enjoy your time here as well as the flexibility to work remotely. Your position will require the ability to travel up to 20% of time, including local, regional, and national travel.
- Ability to drive for results, focus on the customer and build realistic plans.
Using a Thoughtful Approach
- Having the ability to think strategically, demonstrate agility, think creatively, apply financial acumen and promote teamwork.
Working with People
- Excited to build partnerships, model ethical performance, communicate with impact and influence others.
What We Offer
We offer a competitive salary, health benefits, wellness programs, a company-matching 401K and tuition assistance but some perks that set us apart are:
A focus on your development. We want to know what your dreams and aspirations are and hope to find ways of Great Clips helping you along in your journey. Your personalized development plan will create a path for your growth and promotion potential.
A GREAT culture. One the most frequent compliments you will hear about Great Clips from employees, franchisees and business partners alike is that Great Clips has a GREAT culture. Our belief is that we are strongest together and therefore find it important to have an inclusive, diverse work culture. Though we embrace our differences, we all share in our 6 core values; we are kind, we listen and earn trust, we keep it simple, we focus on execution, we exceed expectations and WE MAKE IT FUN.
A spirit of ideas and innovation. Here at Great Clips, we have a competitive lead within our industry. Though we hold a strong position, we never stop pushing ourselves forward and continue to look for new ways of delivering a powerful and enduring brand.
About Great Clips
With more than 4,400 franchised salons throughout the United States and Canada, Great Clips is the world’s largest haircutting salon brand. Our salon owners and corporate staff are dedicated to our salon communities with a focus on philanthropic and volunteer activities. Great Clips, Inc. employees are passionate about what we do and our technology team geeks out in finding ways to use technology to make what we do even better.
Salon Careers - What to Expect
Submit your interest to a local franchisee
Great Clips franchisee will reach out to you
A Great Clips franchisee will host an interview
The Great Clips franchisee will contact you should you be a fit for their position