Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minnesota
Candidates must reside in the Greater Minneapolis St. Paul metro area.
This position provides leadership within the organization in the development and execution of mid- to large-scale events and partners with the Director of Meetings & Events in departmental process and protocol management.
On your journey, you will have the opportunity to:
Identify and prepare event development and site selection responsibilities:
- Facilitate and conduct site selection for assigned events including creating RFP’s, sourcing properties, compiling responses, and scheduling/conducting site visits.
- Schedule and conduct site visits for assigned events and provide recommendations to leadership based on findings.
Lead and/or influence event execution:
- Independently lead planning teams for assigned organizational meetings and events, off-site department meetings and select other events to include both in-person and virtual formats.
- Maintain planning timelines/project plans and ensure that timelines and deliverables are met by all involved departments.
- Manage events within budget and provide post-event reporting.
- Partner with the Director of Meetings & Events, members of the M&E team and company leadership on the planning and coordination of signature company events (e.g. Zone Meetings, Convention, etc.) including ability to take on event segments and manage from concept to completion.
- Own and manage assigned aspects of events with attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness with demonstrated expertise including:
- Sourcing event resources, developing and maintaining event documents such as manifests, rooming list or production schedules, facilitating execution of events in partnership with hotel representatives or other duties as dictated by the event needs.
- Partner with communications to develop and execute event communications plans for assigned events including event documentation, participant updates and directions via inSite and event master calendars.
- Complete and distribute event wrap up requirements including budget reports, event debriefs and/or comprehensive evaluation reports.
Provide general department and organizational leadership:
- Own and manage event communication systems including Sharepoint, inSite, Constant Contact and others, as assigned.
- Provide mentorship and leadership to Meeting & Event Specialists, executive assistants, and other event owners.
- Listen, earn trust, and accept direct feedback from franchisees and corporate partners while building strong, positive relationships.
To land this job you will need to demonstrate, and/or possess the following:
- 6-8 years of previous experience in meeting and events/hospitality industry, Bachelor’s degree is preferred, or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge
- Organization skills, time management skills, and attention to details.
- Written and verbal communication skills to initiate professional and effective contact with salons, franchisees, corporate staff, vendors, etc.
- Knowledge of and skill in using application software in Windows environment such as Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Knowledge of Stova (formerly Aventri) and/or Cvent preferred.
- Knowledge of virtual event execution; experience with Zoom preferred.
- Knowledge of the meeting planning industry, food and meeting trends, event coordination, and travel management.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds occasionally; ability to pack boxes and push/pull a loaded cart.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of time for onsite event management support and/or pre-event planning. This will vary throughout the year ranging from 1/month to 3-4/month during heavy event cycles.
- Ability to work nights and weeks as dictated by job requirements.
Your Work Environment
Our corporate headquarters are in Bloomington, MN. Our approach to work environment focuses on the balance between teamwork and flexibility, which means that you have the ability to work remotely and in the office. We have four in office Connection Days monthly in addition to monthly department meetings as needed. Our office has lots of natural light, hydraulic desks for standing or sitting and many other amenities, so we are sure you will enjoy your office time as much as working remotely.
Up to 20% travel required.
Living the Values
We Are Kind
- Treat others the way you would like to be treated. Be humble, act honorably, and express gratitude. Respect and value everyone’s role in our company’s success.
We Exceed Expectations
- Innovate; be curious about what’s possible. Be adaptable and eager to respond to challenges. Collaborate and work together to achieve our goals. Strive for greatness and inspire others by your example. Be proactive. Seek continuous improvement.
We Focus on Execution
- Make decisions with the belief it can be executed in 6,000 salons. Focus on impact of key brand measures. Prioritize on ability to execute quickly.
We Keep it Simple
- Set clear expectations. Make things easy to understand and execute. Stacy focused on what’s most important.
We Listen and Earn Trust
- Be respectfully honest; react thoughtfully. Respond quickly – 24 hours or less, and remember that personal contact is always best. Be transparent through open communication and candid conversation. Be willing to admit mistakes and fix them. Listen generously: Seek to understand other’s perspectives. Act with integrity. Always. Even when no one will know.
We Make it Fun
- Smile! Find opportunities to laugh. Celebrate accomplishments and recognize the contributions of others. Approach people and situations with a positive attitude. Build a sense of community where everyone enjoys coming to work every day.
What We Offer
We offer a competitive salary, health benefits, wellness programs, a company-matching 401K and tuition assistance but some perks that set us apart are:
A focus on your development. We want to know what your dreams and aspirations are and hope to find ways of Great Clips helping you along in your journey. Your personalized development plan will create a path for your growth and promotion potential.
A GREAT culture. One of the most frequent compliments you will hear about Great Clips from employees, franchisees and business partners alike is that Great Clips has a GREAT culture. Our belief is that we are strongest together and therefore find it important to have an inclusive, diverse work culture. Though we embrace our differences, we all share in our 6 core values; we are kind, we listen and earn trust, we keep it simple, we focus on execution, we exceed expectations and WE MAKE IT FUN.
A spirit of ideas and innovation. Here at Great Clips, we have a competitive lead within our industry. Though we hold a strong position, we never stop pushing ourselves forward and continue to look for new ways of delivering a powerful and enduring brand.
About Great Clips
With more than 4,400 franchised salons throughout the United States and Canada, Great Clips is the world’s largest haircutting salon brand. Our salon owners and corporate staff are dedicated to our salon communities with a focus on philanthropic and volunteer activities. Great Clips, Inc. employees are passionate about what we do and our technology team geeks out in finding ways to use technology to make what we do even better.
Salon Careers - What to Expect
Submit your interest to a local franchisee
Great Clips franchisee will reach out to you
A Great Clips franchisee will host an interview
The Great Clips franchisee will contact you should you be a fit for their position