Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minnesota
Greater Minneapolis St. Paul area candidates only please.
As a Marketing Planning Specialist on the Great Clips Marketing Planning Team, you will provide ongoing marketing support to franchisees by assisting in the planning, execution, and optimization of market-level marketing programs, new salon openings and incremental/guerilla marketing efforts. The ideal candidate will be capable of balancing creative, analytical and tactical needs of the marketing programs for the franchisees in the regions they support to help salons grow their business.
This position reports to the Marketing Manager and will support franchisees primarily in the NE and MW regions of the US. The person in this role will work cross functionally with teams in Operations, Legal, IT, as well as many agency partners, in support of a multi-million-dollar Ad Fund budget.
On your journey, you will:
- Assists in the development, execution and analysis of annual marketing calendars in assigned markets to ensure that marketing programs are successfully completed each year within the established budgets and against stated business objectives.
- Manage new salon opening plans by working with the franchisees and Operations to ensure maximum utilization of resources and the achievement of marketing and financial objectives.
- Oversee the development and implementation process with all key marketing vendors and internal resources to ensure accuracy, timeliness, efficiency, and effectiveness of marketing programs.
- Provide ongoing support to franchisees for incremental and guerrilla marketing. Serves as the primary contact to franchisees within assigned markets by providing timely responses to maximize their marketing efforts, positively promote Great Clips in the marketplace, and drive growth in their businesses.
- Communicate and execute
new marketing tactics as set forth from the marketing planning leadership team.
relationships with franchisees and serves as counsel as they navigate an ever-changing business environment.
- Responsible for development, execution, and analysis of annual marketing calendars in a small number of markets, as directed by the Marketing Manager.
- Collaborate with internal and external teams on special projects as prioritized to help department and company achieve goals.
To land this job you will need to show your proven ability to, and possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree required with 2-3 years of marketing experience on either client or agency, working with traditional and/or digital media channels.
- Strong analytical abilities and understanding of a franchise business model
- Knowledge of marketing and advertising principles and practices; ability to apply these principles and practices in the development and communication of marketing/advertising programs.
- Able to effectively multi-task and manage competing priorities.
- Customer relations skills, such as the ability to respond with a sense of urgency, and with tact and diplomacy in difficult situations.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Excel, Power Point and other financial or reporting platforms.
- Able to communicate in both written and verbal form with conviction and credibility, adapting the message to suit level of audience.
- Flexibility, a positive attitude, enthusiasm, and excellent problem-solving skills required.
- Ability to work independently and with teams.
Your Work Environment
Our corporate headquarters are in Bloomington, MN. Our approach to work environment focuses on the balance between teamwork and flexibility which means that you have the choice to work predominately remote (besides monthly in office Connection Days and potential in person team meetings) or in the office based on your personal needs. Our office has lots of natural light, hydraulic desks for standing or sitting and many other amenities, so we are sure you will enjoy your office time as much as working remotely.
Occasional travel (5%-10% of time) to markets across the country, based on business needs. Travel could include multi-day depending on scheduled meetings.
- Ability to drive for results, focus on the customer and build realistic plans.
Using a Thoughtful Approach
- Having the ability to think strategically, demonstrate agility, think creatively, apply financial acumen and promote teamwork.
Working with People
- Excited to build partnerships, model ethical performance, communicate with impact and influence others.
What We Offer
We offer a competitive salary, health benefits, wellness programs, a company-matching 401K and tuition assistance but some perks that set us apart are:
A focus on your development. We want to know what your dreams and aspirations are and hope to find ways of Great Clips helping you along in your journey. Your personalized development plan will create a path for your growth and promotion potential.
A GREAT culture. One the most frequent compliments you will hear about Great Clips from employees, franchisees and business partners alike is that Great Clips has a GREAT culture. Our belief is that we are strongest together and therefore find it important to have an inclusive, diverse work culture. Though we embrace our differences, we all share in our 6 core values; we are kind, we listen and earn trust, we keep it simple, we focus on execution, we exceed expectations and WE MAKE IT FUN.
A spirit of ideas and innovation. Here at Great Clips, we have a competitive lead within our industry. Though we hold a strong position, we never stop pushing.
About Great Clips
With more than 4,400 franchised salons throughout the United States and Canada, Great Clips is the world’s largest haircutting salon brand. Our salon owners and corporate staff are dedicated to our salon communities with a focus on philanthropic and volunteer activities. Great Clips, Inc. employees are passionate about what we do.
Salon Careers - What to Expect
Submit your interest to a local franchisee
Great Clips franchisee will reach out to you
A Great Clips franchisee will host an interview
The Great Clips franchisee will contact you should you be a fit for their position