Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minnesota
Greater Minneapolis St. Paul area candidates only please.
As a Marketing Manager on the Great Clips Marketing Planning Team, you will manage planning, execution, and optimization of market-level marketing programs to achieve salon growth goals in the Southeast region of the U.S. The ideal candidate will be both strategic and tactical; comfortable laying out a larger plan, as well as implementing small details with franchisees across 30-40 markets. The role serves as a partner to support and guide franchisee marketing efforts and is in place to lead, inspire, and assist DMA-wide marketing efforts.
This position reports to the Director of Marketing Planning and works as part of the Marketing Planning Team, and cross-functionally partners with Operations, Legal and IT, as well as many agency partners, in support of a multi-million-dollar Ad Fund budget. This position leads and supports a Marketing Planning Specialist in designated markets who provides recommendations for new salon openings, incremental, and guerrilla marketing.
On your journey, you will:
- Develop, execute, and analyze annual strategic ad fund marketing plans in collaboration with assigned markets to address brand measures and drive desired customer count growth and profit objectives using appropriate tools/analysis to support recommendations.
- Continually collaborate with marketing planning team members and Operations Managers to guide and influence franchisees, ensuring strong buy-in for successful marketing plans.
- Provide analysis and recommendations to support franchisees ongoing marketing efforts both in new salons (through year 2) and existing salon organizations.
- Provide recommendations to the Director of Marketing Planning on short-term and long-term ongoing marketing strategies to ensure we are positioned to deliver and leverage desired system-wide marketing programs for franchisees.
- Coordinate with marketing vendors, agency partners and/or internal media resources to provide market-wide media recommendations.
- Explore, recommend, negotiate, and implement new and proven market-wide marketing efforts designed to build overall awareness and drive measurable traffic to salon
- Effectively manage the National Ad Fund for 30-40 markets annually.
- Establish relationships with franchisees in markets so trust is earned, and collaboration occurs.
- Demonstrate the ability to listen, earn trust, and accept direct feedback from franchisees while building strong, positive relationships.
- Train, coach, and mentor Marketing Planning to help build a well-functioning, strategic team.
- Frequently present to both small and large co-ops, as well as other large franchisee meetings.
To land this job you will need to show your proven ability to, and possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree required with 8+ years of marketing experience on either client or agency side, or a combination of the two.
- Field marketing, multi-unit retail and previous experience working with franchisees is preferred.
- Strong analytical abilities and understanding of a franchise business model.
- Ability to develop a complete marketing plan with solid financial accountability.
- Experience with a mix of traditional and digital marketing channels, and knowledge of creative/branding process at client or agency side preferred.
- Knowledge of marketing and advertising principles and practices; ability to apply these principles and practices in the development and communication of marketing/advertising programs.
- Experience in planning and managing budgets.
- Able to effectively multi-task and manage competing priorities.
- Ability to influence decisions using consumer and business insight to drive results.
- Customer relations skills, such as the ability to respond with a sense of urgency, and with tact and diplomacy in difficult situations.
- Planning skills, such as identifying and sequencing action steps to achieve goals while considering possible risks.
- Ability to build effective relationships across all levels, exchanging information freely and dealing well with differences of opinion or confrontation.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Excel, Power Point and other financial or reporting platforms.
- Able to communicate in both written and verbal form with conviction and credibility, adapting the message to suit level of audience.
- Flexibility, a positive attitude, enthusiasm, and excellent problem-solving skills required.
- Ability to work independently and with teams.
- Ability to mentor and manage direct reports.
Your Work Environment
Our corporate headquarters are in Bloomington, MN. Our approach to work environment focuses on the balance between teamwork and flexibility which means you will have the ability to work predominately remote (besides monthly in office Connection Days and potential in person team meetings) or in the office based on your personal needs. Our office has lots of natural light, hydraulic desks for standing or sitting and many other amenities, so we are sure you will enjoy your office time as much as working remotely.
Travel is required (~15%) to markets across the country, primarily focused in the Southeast area of the country. Travel could include multi-day depending on scheduled meetings.
- Ability to drive for results, focus on the customer and build realistic plans.
Using a Thoughtful Approach
- Having the ability to think strategically, demonstrate agility, think creatively, apply financial acumen and promote teamwork.
Working with People
- Excited to build partnerships, model ethical performance, communicate with impact and influence others.
- Attract, develop, manage and retain top talent through mentoring, training, feedback and coaching to a manager’s direct, indirect and cross-functional teams.
What We Offer
We offer a competitive salary, health benefits, wellness programs, a company-matching 401K and tuition assistance but some perks that set us apart are:
A focus on your development. We want to know what your dreams and aspirations are and hope to find ways of Great Clips helping you along in your journey. Your personalized development plan will create a path for your growth and promotion potential.
A GREAT culture. One the most frequent compliments you will hear about Great Clips from employees, franchisees and business partners alike is that Great Clips has a GREAT culture. Our belief is that we are strongest together and therefore find it important to have an inclusive, diverse work culture. Though we embrace our differences, we all share in our 6 core values; we are kind, we listen and earn trust, we keep it simple, we focus on execution, we exceed expectations and WE MAKE IT FUN.
A spirit of ideas and innovation. Here at Great Clips, we have a competitive lead within our industry. Though we hold a strong position, we never stop pushing ourselves forward and continue to look for new ways of delivering a powerful and enduring brand.
About Great Clips
With more than 4,400 franchised salons throughout the United States and Canada, Great Clips is the world’s largest haircutting salon brand. Our salon owners and corporate staff are dedicated to our salon communities with a focus on philanthropic and volunteer activities. Great Clips, Inc. employees are passionate about what we do.
Salon Careers - What to Expect
Submit your interest to a local franchisee
Great Clips franchisee will reach out to you
A Great Clips franchisee will host an interview
The Great Clips franchisee will contact you should you be a fit for their position