Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minnesota
The Director of Facilities and Purchasing is responsible for directing the planning, development, and implementation of programs, resources, and policies for salon and any home office build-outs and operations to assure safe, reliable, and cost-effective facilities and equipment that project a positive image of Great Clips, are in compliance with all state and federal regulations, are consistent with Great Clips operational policies and provide for an efficient and cost effective office environment.
On your journey, you will have the opportunity to:
- Direct the development and implementation of programs and processes for salon build-outs and upgrades to ensure adherence to federal and state laws and codes associated with construction and design and in accordance with approved layout, cost, quality, delivery, and operational as well as brand standards. Included in this is directing the design, management, communication, and continuous improvement of the design, ordering and delivery processes and procedures, along with working closely with operations and the facility review process.
- Direct the selection of, and ongoing relationship with outside vendors to ensure competitive rates and quality results consistent with Great Clips’ requirements. Additionally responsible for directing the management of any company-owned inventory supplied by outside vendors and directing the communication of vendor offerings and notifications to the franchise and corporate staff.
- Implement and maintain issue management system so that Great Clips is able to easily identify, track and communicate issues in 4,300 + salons, and work towards an efficient resolution.
- Work closely with Education Department and is ultimately responsible for training center sites across the U.S. and Canada.
- Direct the development and implementation of maintenance programs and processes for the home office and training centers system wide to ensure functionality and operations of mechanical systems.
- Direct the general office and facilities and purchasing functions through participation and preparation of annual operating budgets to ensure cost-effectiveness and efficiency of these operations and a focus on customer service.
- Ability to listen, earn trust, and accept direct feedback from franchisees while building strong, positive relationships.
To land this job you will need to demonstrate your proven ability to, and or possess the following:
- Listen, earn trust, and accept direct feedback from franchisees while building strong, positive relationships. Negotiation skills, such as the ability to collaborate with others to arrive at desired results.
- Plan for, design, and direct the construction and/or improvement to facilities within budget.
- Knowledge of current codes, laws, and regulations applicable to construction and space planning.
- Knowledge of appropriate suppliers to provide necessary resources considering product and/or service needs, quality and cost of vendor service performance; ability to manage and hold vendor resources accountable for quality and budget.
- Use organizational financial statements to compare actual performance with projections; ability to take corrective actions when results differ significantly from the plan.
- Collaborate effectively with internal departments and external constituents.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, architecture, engineering, design, or related field and a minimum of 10 years of experience in any or all of the following areas: construction, general contracting, facilities, purchasing, or manufacturing (cabinetry and similar products), with at least 5 of these years in a management capacity. Experience in a retail and/or franchise environment is highly desired.
Your Work Environment
Our corporate headquarters are in Bloomington, MN and our approach to work environment focuses on the balance between teamwork and flexibility which means you will have the ability to work in a hybrid model. As a director, this includes a minimum of two days per week being located in the corporate office. Our office has lots of natural light, hydraulic desks for standing or sitting and many other amenities, so we are sure you will enjoy your office time as much as working remotely.
This is a home office position in which you will work a standard 40 hours a week schedule in an environment where you will participate in meetings and work at a computer most of the day. There is flexibility on the time you start and end your workday. Approximately 20% travel during the year.
- Ability to drive for results, focus on the customer and build realistic plans.
Using a Thoughtful Approach
- Having the ability to think strategically, demonstrate agility, think creatively, apply financial acumen and promote teamwork.
Working with People
- Excited to build partnerships, model ethical performance, communicate with impact and influence others.
Managing People Attract, develop, manage and retain top talent through mentoring, training, feedback and coaching to a manager’s direct, indirect and cross-functional teams.
What We Offer
We offer a competitive salary, health benefits, wellness programs, a company-matching 401K and tuition assistance but some perks that set us apart are:
A focus on your development. We want to know what your dreams and aspirations are and hope to find ways of Great Clips helping you along in your journey. Your personalized development plan will create a path for your growth and promotion potential.
A GREAT culture. One the most frequent compliments you will hear about Great Clips from employees, franchisees and business partners alike is that Great Clips has a GREAT culture. Our belief is that we are strongest together and therefore find it important to have an inclusive, diverse work culture. Though we embrace our differences, we all share in our 6 core values; we are kind, we listen and earn trust, we keep it simple, we focus on execution, we exceed expectations and WE MAKE IT FUN.
A spirit of ideas and innovation. Here at Great Clips, we have a competitive lead within our industry. Though we hold a strong position, we never stop pushing ourselves forward and continue to look for new ways of delivering a powerful and enduring brand.
About Great Clips
With more than 4,300 franchised salons throughout the United States and Canada, Great Clips is the world’s largest haircutting salon brand. Our salon owners and corporate staff are dedicated to our salon communities with a focus on philanthropic and volunteer activities. Great Clips, Inc. employees are truly passionate about what we do to drive business results.
Salon Careers - What to Expect
Submit your interest to a local franchisee
Great Clips franchisee will reach out to you
A Great Clips franchisee will host an interview
The Great Clips franchisee will contact you should you be a fit for their position