Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minnesota
Candidates should reside in the Greater Minneapolis St. Paul metro area.
Great Clips is a data-driven organization, focused on using data to inform and support business decisions, focusing on the present and looking towards the future. The Director of Business Intelligence provides the vision, strategy, and leadership to extract insights from large and complex datasets to proactively influence decision-making, solve business problems, and predict the future.
As the Director of Business Intelligence, you will be on a mission to bring relevant data and information products, solutions, and insights to Great Clips. This will be accomplished through providing strategic vision and leadership in the delivery of a suite of services, including dashboard and report development, ad hoc analysis, statistical modelling, data mining, data science, governance, and support.
To deliver on this mission, you will:
- Lead the day-to-day operations for the BI team, including management of priorities, troubleshooting technical issues, responsiveness, governance, and support.
- Provide thought partnership and leadership across the organization to understand data science, data analytics, and reporting needs, and establish the strategic vision and roadmap to deliver products, solutions and services that align with these needs and deliver value.
- Lead data research and analytics priorities and processes and expand the understanding and use of data within the organization.
- Lead the development and improvement of key analytics models and identify opportunities for the organization to further leverage data to drive growth and business improvement, present analysis results and recommendations.
- Lead the strategy, development, and implementation of reporting platforms for internal users, including data views, reports, and visualizations, to ensure the efficient and timely release of key information, data, and metrics to the organization.
- Proactively generate actionable insights that enable Great Clips to make data-driven decisions and achieve business goals.
- Provide technical guidance and thought leadership on data science and analytics methodologies, tools, and best practices.
To land this job you will need to demonstrate your proven ability to or experience with:
- Experience leading and building an analytics and data science team with the ability to create a performance and metrics focused culture.
- Ability to develop strategic direction and plans, and then execute these plans through being willing and able to delve into the details.
- Hands-on experience in statistics and predictive modelling, both in building and maintaining models, as well as coaching and helping analysts choose the right methods to solve the problem at hand.
- Strong technical and analytical skill set (SQL, Alteryx, R, Python, Excel).
- Advanced knowledge of data visualization tools (PowerBI), data models, and analyzing and summarizing large amounts of data from multiple systems to provide a unique insight into business operations.
- Ability to drive the creation and implementation of best practices for statistical data modeling and analysis.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, an active listener with the ability to articulate thoughts and ideas within and across various audiences, and interface effectively with business partners and franchisees.
- Strong leadership ability to both direct and consult on multiple projects, as well as effectively balance workload
- Proven ability to work with all levels of the organization and third party vendors to resolve complex/critical issues, provide direction and implement change
- Bachelor’s degree in data science, business/data analytics, or business intelligence; Master’s degree preferred.
- 10+ years’ experience in business intelligence or data science, with at least 5+ years in management is required. Experience supervising and coaching others is required. Experience in the Retail sector, Franchise organizations a plus.
Your Work Environment
Our corporate headquarters are in Bloomington, MN. Our approach to work environment focuses on the balance between teamwork and flexibility which means that you have the choice to work remote (besides monthly in office Connection Days and monthly Business Intelligence & Technology team meetings) or in the office based on your personal needs. Our office has lots of natural light, hydraulic desks for standing or sitting and many other amenities, so we are sure you will enjoy your office time as much as working remotely.
Travel for this position is on-demand to attend meetings and events, typically not more than ten trips per year. Most trips will be two to three days in length.
Living the Values
We Are Kind
- Treat others the way you would like to be treated. Be humble, act honorably, and express gratitude. Respect and value everyone’s role in our company’s success.
We Exceed Expectations
- Innovate; be curious about what’s possible. Be adaptable and eager to respond to challenges. Collaborate and work together to achieve our goals. Strive for greatness and inspire others by your example. Be proactive. Seek continuous improvement.
We Focus on Execution
- Make decisions with the belief it can be executed in 6,000 salons. Focus on impact of key brand measures. Prioritize on ability to execute quickly.
We Keep it Simple
- Set clear expectations. Make things easy to understand and execute. Stay focused on what’s most important.
We Listen and Earn Trust
- Be respectfully honest; react thoughtfully. Respond quickly – 24 hours or less, and remember that personal contact is always best. Be transparent through open communication and candid conversation. Be willing to admit mistakes and fix them. Listen generously: Seek to understand other’s perspectives. Act with integrity. Always. Even when no one will know.
We Make it Fun
- Smile! Find opportunities to laugh. Celebrate accomplishments and recognize the contributions of others. Approach people and situations with a positive attitude. Build a sense of community where everyone enjoys coming to work every day.
What We Offer
We offer a competitive salary, health benefits, wellness programs, a company-matching 401K and tuition assistance but some perks that set us apart are:
A focus on your development. We want to know what your dreams and aspirations are and hope to find ways of Great Clips helping you along in your journey. Your personalized development plan will create a path for your growth and promotion potential.
A GREAT culture. One of the most frequent compliments you will hear about Great Clips from employees, franchisees and business partners alike is that Great Clips has a GREAT culture. Our belief is that we are strongest together and therefore find it important to have an inclusive, diverse work culture. Though we embrace our differences, we all share in our 6 core values; we are kind, we listen and earn trust, we keep it simple, we focus on execution, we exceed expectations, and WE MAKE IT FUN.
A spirit of ideas and innovation. Here at Great Clips, we have a competitive lead within our industry. Though we hold a strong position, we never stop pushing ourselves forward and continue to look for new ways of delivering a powerful and enduring brand.
About Great Clips
With more than 4,400 franchised salons throughout the United States and Canada, Great Clips is the world’s largest haircutting salon brand. Our salon owners and corporate staff are dedicated to our salon communities with a focus on philanthropic and volunteer activities.
Salon Careers - What to Expect
Submit your interest to a local franchisee
Great Clips franchisee will reach out to you
A Great Clips franchisee will host an interview
The Great Clips franchisee will contact you should you be a fit for their position