Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minnesota
Through the management of complex data and information delivery throughout the ecosystem, the data architect is an agent for transformation and agility, preparing the organization to evolve quickly and seize opportunities presented in emerging technologies. This position collaborates directly with business stakeholders to understand their needs and with technology stakeholders to identify, recommend, implement, and support models, definitions and data flows that provide the foundation for efficient processes and sound decision making.
On your journey, you will face challenges like:
- Defining the data architecture framework, standards, and principles, including modeling, metadata, security, reference data, and master data. Defining processes to plan, specify, enable, create, acquire, maintain, use, archive, retrieve, control, and purge data.
- Translating business requirements into technical specifications, including data streams, integrations, transformations, databases, and data warehouses. Mapping to information entities that define how information should flow and be consumed by various business and IT customers (how data is acquired/generated, which processes require data, how data flows are managed, how data changes).
- Supporting data governance policies and procedures to ensure best practices for data architecture, including accountability, regulatory compliance, and requirements.
- Defining reference architecture to provide a pattern others can follow to create and improve data systems, and to support operational use of data for business process functions.
- Creating and maintaining a repository of data architecture artifacts, including data inventory, data lineage and data flow diagrams to determine what can be measured, when and how.
- Evaluating current data architecture and databases to determine necessary upgrades and improvements. Designing and coding new data architecture and integrating existing databases. Researching and finding new methods of acquiring data.
To land this job you will need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field is preferred.
- Certified Data Management Professional desired
- 5-8 years of progressing experience in Data Management related roles.
- Solid understanding of business architecture and the role of data.
- Strong knowledge of systems development, including software development lifecycle, project management, requirements, solution design, testing, and security.
- Expertise in relational database management systems
- Hands-on experience in conceptual, logical, and physical data modeling and design with experience with modeling tools (ER/Studio, Erwin, SQL database modeler, etc.)
- Knowledge of architectural practices for using web services for data integration
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server and SQL Server
- Experience with master data management platforms, ETL tools, and cloud-based data management solutions (e.g., Informatica, Azure Data Factory, Snowflake, etc.)
- Possess a passion for researching and learning about emerging data technologies
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively with business partners. Ability to communicate effectively with 3rd party vendors to give and receive direction.
- Leadership skills including creativity, problem solving and negotiation techniques.
- Strong leadership ability to consult on multiple projects, as well as effectively balancing workload and adapting to changing priorities.
- Ability to develop and execute plans.
Your Work Environment
Our corporate headquarters are in Bloomington, MN. Our approach to work environment focuses on the balance between teamwork and flexibility which means that you have the choice to work predominately remote (besides monthly in office Connection Days and monthly Business Intelligence & Technology team meetings) or in the office based on your personal needs. Our office has lots of natural light, hydraulic desks for standing or sitting and many other amenities, so we are sure you will enjoy your office time as much as working remotely.
- Ability to drive for results, focus on the customer and build realistic plans.
Using a Thoughtful Approach
- Having the ability to think strategically, demonstrate agility, think creatively, apply financial acumen and promote teamwork.
Working with People
- Excited to build partnerships, model ethical performance, communicate with impact and influence others.
What We Offer
We offer a competitive salary, health benefits, wellness programs, a company-matching 401K and tuition assistance but some perks that set us apart are:
A focus on your development. We want to know what your dreams and aspirations are and hope to find ways of Great Clips helping you along in your journey. Your personalized development plan will create a path for your growth and promotion potential.
A GREAT culture. One the most frequent compliments you will hear about Great Clips from employees, franchisees and business partners alike is that Great Clips has a GREAT culture. Our belief is that we are strongest together and therefore find it important to have an inclusive, diverse work culture. Though we embrace our differences, we all share in our 6 core values; we are kind, we listen and earn trust, we keep it simple, we focus on execution, we exceed expectations and WE MAKE IT FUN.
A spirit of ideas and innovation. Here at Great Clips, we have a competitive lead within our industry. Though we hold a strong position, we never stop pushing ourselves forward and continue to look for new ways of delivering a powerful and enduring brand.
About Great Clips
With more than 4,000 franchised salons throughout the United States and Canada, Great Clips is the world’s largest haircutting salon brand. Our salon owners and corporate staff are dedicated to our salon communities with a focus on philanthropic and volunteer activities. Great Clips, Inc. employees are passionate about what we do and our technology team geeks out in finding ways to use technology to make what we do even better.
Salon Careers - What to Expect
Submit your interest to a local franchisee
Great Clips franchisee will reach out to you
A Great Clips franchisee will host an interview
The Great Clips franchisee will contact you should you be a fit for their position