Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minnesota
This position is responsible for providing proactive legal counsel to Great Clips, Inc. on a variety of legal issues under U.S. and Canadian law, including departmental support on commercial contracts, marketing and trademark initiatives, commercial real estate transactions, and other commercial transactions involving the Company. Duties include drafting, reviewing, and negotiating vendor contract terms; overseeing the implementation, education and maintenance of company-wide contract management and document management systems; counsel for risk management in marketing initiatives; managing the company trademark portfolio; commercial lease review and negotiation; and other duties as assigned by the General Counsel.
You will be successful in this role by accomplishing the following primary job responsibilities:
- Advise executives within the company and work alongside contracting parties to minimize legal risks for a wide variety of agreements, including marketing and sponsorship agreements, meeting and events contracts, commercial real estate leases, company guaranteed leases, NDAs, and other general business contracts.
- Minimize legal risk to the company by developing and managing procedures for negotiating with vendors for compliance with Great Clips required contractual terms and compliance with legal requirements.
- Direct the development, education, and execution of a program and system for vendor contract maintenance to ensure that all contracts meet program parameters while keeping key terms, contract milestones, and dates such as expirations or renewals visible.
- Manage the Great Clips trademark portfolio and advise with respect to trademark-related matters and initiatives.
- Support the Great Clips marketing department with respect to contests, sweepstakes, and associated rules.
- Participate in committees and teams as requested by applicable business units to provide legal counsel for specific corporate initiatives.
- Develop solutions to complex legal questions by researching unique legal issues impacting the organization.
- Ability to listen, earn trust, and accept direct feedback from franchisees while building strong, positive relationships.
To land this job you will need to show your proven ability to:
- Comprehend complex legal materials, analyze information, and recommend viable solutions to lawyers and non-lawyers alike.
- Experience prioritizing work and providing advice under deadlines.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written and verbal communications.
- Ability to present in public forums on various topics related to this role.
- Knowledge of and skill in using application software in a PC environment including Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Ability to carefully proof all work, and use proper grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation, and sentence structure.
- Juris Doctor Degree and registration with the bar in the state of Minnesota, and a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a law firm or in-house environment (or both) with increasing responsibility.
Your Work Environment
Our corporate headquarters are in Bloomington, MN. Our approach to work environment focuses on the balance between teamwork and flexibility which means you will have the ability to work in a hybrid model - a balance of time working in the corporate office at least two days each week and remote the other workdays. Our office has a lot of natural light, hydraulic desks for standing or sitting and many other amenities, so we are sure you will enjoy your office time as much as working remotely.
Travel may be required 10-20% of the time.
- Ability to drive for results, focus on the customer and build realistic plans.
Using a Thoughtful Approach
- Having the ability to think strategically, demonstrate agility, think creatively, apply financial acumen and promote teamwork.
Working with People
- Excited to build partnerships, model ethical performance, communicate with impact and influence others.
What We Offer
We offer a competitive salary, health benefits, wellness programs, a company-matching 401K and tuition assistance but some perks that set us apart are:
A focus on your development. We want to know what your dreams and aspirations are and hope to find ways of Great Clips helping you along in your journey. Your personalized development plan will create a path for your growth and promotion potential.
A GREAT culture. One of the most frequent compliments you will hear about Great Clips from employees, franchisees and business partners alike is that Great Clips has a GREAT culture. Our belief is that we are strongest together and therefore find it important to have an inclusive, diverse work culture. Though we embrace our differences, we all share in our 6 core values; we are kind, we listen and earn trust, we keep it simple, we focus on execution, we exceed expectations and WE MAKE IT FUN.
A spirit of ideas and innovation. Here at Great Clips, we have a competitive lead within our industry. Though we hold a strong position, we never stop pushing ourselves forward and continue to look for new ways of delivering a powerful and enduring brand.
About Great Clips
With more than 4,400 franchised salons throughout the United States and Canada, Great Clips is the world’s largest haircutting salon brand. Our salon owners and corporate staff are dedicated to our salon communities with a focus on philanthropic and volunteer activities.
Salon Careers - What to Expect
Submit your interest to a local franchisee
Great Clips franchisee will reach out to you
A Great Clips franchisee will host an interview
The Great Clips franchisee will contact you should you be a fit for their position