Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minnesota
Great Clips, Inc. is seeking a summer intern to support external and internal communications efforts for the Great Clips brand for the summer of 2022. Applicants can be college students or recent college graduates seeking hands-on experience.
At Great Clips, we work together to build the most profitable salons by delivering the most powerful and enduring brand. And the Great Clips external communications team supports this effort by strategically planning and executing on targeted communications efforts to internally keep franchisees informed of brand news and innovations and to externally bring and retain customers to the Great Clips brand.
The communications intern will be primarily focused on external communications efforts, with a significant focus on a summer-long vendor research project. They’ll have the ability to support on projects across a range of areas, including organic social media, public relations, influencer marketing and customer feedback/communications. The intern will work across the communications team and engage with agencies and vendors. This role also offers the opportunity to support beyond external communications into franchisee communications and brand, local and digital marketing.
On your journey, you will have the opportunity to:
- Research vendors based on business objectives and present findings to supervisor and leadership
- Draft press releases and blog posts
- Review and provide feedback on creative and written content from internal and external teams
- Effectively communicate with supervisor on project progress and meet deadlines
- Learn the fundamentals of a franchised system and an industry-leading communications program
- Participate in planning for photoshoot(s)
- Support content strategy for Franchise Development, Recruiting and Education teams
- Support additional marketing efforts as available
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
To land this internship you will need to demonstrate, and/or possess the following:
- Senior enrolled in college/university or recent college graduate, based in the Twin Cities area
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of social media and influencer marketing
- Experience with research and presenting findings
- Strong interpersonal communications skills
- Effective time management and collaboration skills
- Strong capability with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Your Work Environment
Our corporate headquarters are in Bloomington, MN. Our approach to work environment focuses on the balance between teamwork and flexibility, so this will be a hybrid work schedule.
Your schedule will be Monday through Thursday. There is reasonable flexibility on the time you start and end your workday. This internship is paid, and will start Monday, June 6 and end Thursday, August 25.
- Ability to drive for results, focus on the customer and build realistic plans.
Using a Thoughtful Approach
- Having the ability to think strategically, demonstrate agility, think creatively, apply financial acumen and promote teamwork.
Working with People
- Excited to build partnerships, model ethical performance, communicate with impact and influence others.
What We Offer
During your internship, we will offer you:
- A focus on your development. We want to know what your dreams and aspirations are and hope to find ways of Great Clips helping you along in your journey. Your personalized development plan will create a path for your growth and promotion potential.
- A GREAT culture. One the most frequent compliments you will hear about Great Clips from employees, franchisees and business partners alike is that Great Clips has a GREAT culture. Our belief is that we are strongest together and therefore find it important to have an inclusive, diverse work culture. Though we embrace our differences, we all share in our 6 core values; we are kind, we listen and earn trust, we keep it simple, we focus on execution, we exceed expectations, and we make it fun.
- A spirit of ideas and innovation. Here at Great Clips, we have a competitive lead within our industry. Though we hold a strong position, we never stop pushing ourselves forward and continue to look for new ways of delivering a powerful and enduring brand.
About Great Clips
With more than 4.400 franchised salons throughout the United States and Canada, Great Clips is the world’s largest haircutting salon brand. Our salon owners and corporate staff are dedicated to our salon communities with a focus on philanthropic and volunteer activities. Great Clips, Inc. employees are passionate about what we do and our technology team geeks out in finding ways to use technology to make what we do even better.
Salon Careers - What to Expect
Submit your interest to a local franchisee
Great Clips franchisee will reach out to you
A Great Clips franchisee will host an interview
The Great Clips franchisee will contact you should you be a fit for their position