Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minnesota
Candidates should reside in the Greater Minneapolis St. Paul metro area.
The Communications Analyst collaborates with various departments and project groups to create, manage, and execute strategic communication plans to inspire, motivate and drive business growth, including franchisees/GMs, internal GCI staff and other important stakeholders. They will proactively create and deliver written content, and coordinate the delivery of visual, audio, or multimedia content to complement the communications strategies for projects, initiatives, and programs.
The ideal candidate will be an exceptional communicator and enjoy working on multiple projects with varying stakeholders and timelines. Through collaboration with business areas and project teams, this role ensures delivery of clear, consistent and relevant messages using a variety of methods. The result is the dissemination of high-impact information that engages key stakeholder groups to reinforce and support system priorities.
The Communications Analyst is charged with taking the initiative in recommending communication tactics in alignment with the Great Clips vision, goals, and culture. The Communications Analyst uses existing and new communication tools and technologies to deliver the right message at the right time to the right audience. On your journey, you will:
- Plan, develop and execute full communications plans, along with supporting more tactical copywriting needs by collaborating with internal partners and external resources.
- Assist in the management and growth of the Franchisee Communications platform.
- Analyze results of communications channels, formats and topics, and adjust strategy as needed based on key-learnings.
- Create and deliver targeted content with a consistent brand voice to various audiences (including franchisees/general managers, corporate staff, vendors, brokers, prospective franchisees, exclusive agents, and landlords) on assigned communication channels and collateral,
- including but not limited to, web properties, email, social media, video, and print.
- Build and maintain cross-functional relationships with various Great Clips, Inc. departments to understand goals, uncover opportunities and manage communications needs within the Great Clips staff and throughout the broader Great Clips system.
- Support the development and governance of a digital asset portfolio that feeds both active creative content and historical archives.
- Demonstrate the ability to listen, earn trust, and accept direct feedback from franchisees while building strong, positive relationships.
To land this job you will need to show your proven ability to, and possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, journalism, marketing or a related field.
- 5+ years professional experience in planning and delivering multifaceted communications in a fast paced and complex environment; or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
- Collaborate with the Communications Manager and team members to ensure consistency of approach, voice and tactics, across all departments while delivering engaging content.
- Deliver a strong, vibrant writing style that captures the heart of the story, and synthesizes detailed information for a variety of audiences, that is appropriate for our Great Clips brand.
- Ability to support a network of business partners in creating and executing comprehensive communication plans.
- Strong project management skills with demonstrated ability to plan, develop and execute integrated communication plans. Proven ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, manage multiple demands, and maintain confidentiality with sensitive or non-public information.
- Coordinate internal and external resources as needed to develop and execute communications plans.
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a team, to manage and engage resources as required.
- Direct experience in creating good stories (film, writing, public relations, etc.).
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Photoshop, and digital asset management.
- Bonus is experience in video/multi-media, including scripting, directing, editing and producing video messages and content.
Your Work Environment
Our corporate headquarters are in Bloomington, MN. Our approach to work environment focuses on the balance between teamwork and flexibility which means that you have the choice to work remotely (besides four monthly in office Connection Days or department meetings as necessary) or in the office based on your personal needs. Our office has lots of natural light, hydraulic desks for standing or sitting and many other amenities, so we are sure you will enjoy your office time as much as working remotely.
Living the Values
We Are Kind
- Treat others the way you would like to be treated. Be humble, act honorably, and express gratitude. Respect and value everyone’s role in our company’s success.
We Exceed Expectations
- Innovate; be curious about what’s possible. Be adaptable and eager to respond to challenges. Collaborate and work together to achieve our goals. Strive for greatness and inspire others by your example. Be proactive. Seek continuous improvement.
We Focus on Execution
- Make decisions with the belief it can be executed in 6,000 salons. Focus on impact of key brand measures. Prioritize on ability to execute quickly.
We Keep it Simple
- Set clear expectations. Make things easy to understand and execute. Stay focused on what’s most important.
We Listen and Earn Trust
- Be respectfully honest; react thoughtfully. Respond quickly – 24 hours or less, and remember that personal contact is always best. Be transparent through open communication and candid conversation. Be willing to admit mistakes and fix them. Listen generously: Seek to understand other’s perspectives. Act with integrity. Always. Even when no one will know.
We Make it Fun
- Smile! Find opportunities to laugh. Celebrate accomplishments and recognize the contributions of others. Approach people and situations with a positive attitude. Build a sense of community where everyone enjoys coming to work every day.
What We Offer
We offer a competitive salary, health benefits, wellness programs, a company-matching 401K and tuition assistance but some perks that set us apart are:
A focus on your development. We want to know what your dreams and aspirations are and hope to find ways of Great Clips helping you along in your journey. Your personalized development plan will create a path for your growth and promotion potential.
A GREAT culture. One of the most frequent compliments you will hear about Great Clips from employees, franchisees and business partners alike is that Great Clips has a GREAT culture. Our belief is that we are strongest together and therefore find it important to have an inclusive, diverse work culture. Though we embrace our differences, we all share in our 6 core values; we are kind, we listen and earn trust, we keep it simple, we focus on execution, we exceed expectations and WE MAKE IT FUN.
A spirit of ideas and innovation. Here at Great Clips, we have a competitive lead within our industry. Though we hold a strong position, we never stop pushing ourselves forward and continue to look for new ways of delivering a powerful and enduring brand.
About Great Clips
With more than 4,400 franchised salons throughout the United States and Canada, Great Clips is the world’s largest haircutting salon brand. Our salon owners and corporate staff are dedicated to our salon communities with a focus on philanthropic and volunteer activities. Great Clips, Inc. employees are passionate about what we do and our technology team geeks out in finding ways to use technology to make what we do even better.
Salon Careers - What to Expect
Submit your interest to a local franchisee
Great Clips franchisee will reach out to you
A Great Clips franchisee will host an interview
The Great Clips franchisee will contact you should you be a fit for their position