Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minnesota
The Business Analyst’s role is to serve as a liaison between corporate Great Clips functional areas and information technology. This position works with the product owner and BIT resources through the entire Software DevelopmentLife Cycle (SDLC) by collecting, analyzing, documenting, and communicating business requirements, and supporting user testing.
On your journey, you will have the opportunity to:
- Collaborate with product owners/managersto understand the business need through the creation of user stories;gathering, analysis, and documentation of requirements;and navigation of the SDLC.
- Assist product owners with backlog grooming and product road-mapping for their products.
- Provide updates on project plans and timelines; monitor projects and report project status to project management team and stakeholders.
- Write and communicate business requirements and functional specifications for the implementation of business solutions.
- Document and analyze business processes to identify opportunities for improvements.
- Work with developers and/or vendors to translate functional requirements into technical requirements.
- Lead sprint planning within Azure DevOps to facilitate the application development process; responsible for keeping boards updated according to company processes and standards.
- Develop test cases and validate test results during testing and execute test cases; provide UAT support to product owners.
- Assistproduct owners with the development of contingency, upgrade, release, and support plans, aligning to best practices.
- Operate as an advanced contributor to the development, communication, and implementation of best practices and templates for use within the SDLC.
To land this job you will need to demonstrate, and/or possess the following:
- , Business, or Information Technology.
- 3-5years of relevant experience working as a business analyst, or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
- Experience with Agile and waterfall methodologies.
- Ability to work across multiple products simultaneously.
- Experience working as a BA on a variety of products; working on projects to support data/customer data or customer facing technology (mobile applications, websites, etc.) is a plus.
- Ability to research, analyze, and solve problems with software programs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to bridge communication among technical and non-technical staff and customers.
- Ability to interact with end users to analyze processes and provide support.
- Ability to be flexible, to work on multiple tasks, handle interruptions, and adapt to changing priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with experience interacting with end users and providing training and support.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work independently.
Your Work Environment
This is a hybrid position requiring in-office workdays twice weekly, including every Wednesday and another day of your choice (Monday, Tuesday, or Thursday). The remainder of the week can be worked remotely with reliable, secure internet. You will work a standard a week schedule in an environment where you may sit and look at the computer screen for extended periods. Additional hours may be required during and year end close and other occasional busy periods throughout the year. There is flexibility the time you start and end your workday. There may be to travel once or twice a year to meetings and conferences.
Ability to drive for results, focus on the customer and build realistic plans.
Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
Using a Thoughtful Approach
Having the ability to think strategically, demonstrate agility, think creatively, apply financial acumen and promote teamwork.
Working with People
to build partnerships, model ethical performance, communicate with impact and influence others.
What We Offer
We offer a competitive salary, health benefits, wellness programs, a company-matching 401K and tuition assistancebut someperks that set us apart are:
A focus on your development. We want to know what your dreams and aspirations are and hope to find ways of Great Clips helping you along in your journey. Your personalized development plan will create a path for your growth and promotion potential.
A GREAT culture. the most frequent compliments you will hear about Great Clips from employees, franchisees and business partners alike is that Great Clips has a GREAT culture. Our belief is that we are strongest together and therefore find it important to have an inclusive, diverse work culture. Though we embrace our differences, we all share in our 6 core values; we are kind, we listen and earn trust, we keep it simple, we focus on execution, we exceed and WE MAKE IT FUN.
A spirit of ideas and innovation.Here at Great Clips, we have a competitive lead within our industry. Though we hold a strong position, we never stop pushing ourselves forward and continue to look for new ways of delivering a powerful and enduring brand.
About Great Clips
With more than 4.300 franchised salons throughout the United States and Canada, Great Clips is the world’s largest haircutting salon brand. Our salon owners and corporate staff are dedicated to our salon communities with a focus on philanthropic and volunteer activities.Great Clips, Inc.employees are passionate about what we do and our technology team geeks out in finding ways to use technology to make what we do even better.
Salon Careers - What to Expect
Submit your interest to a local franchisee
Great Clips franchisee will reach out to you
A Great Clips franchisee will host an interview
The Great Clips franchisee will contact you should you be a fit for their position