Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minnesota
This position is responsible for processing accounts payable activity for Great Clips, Inc. and its related entities with accuracy and timeliness.
On your journey, you will:
- Reviews all vendor invoices for appropriate documentation, code invoices properly, enter invoices and process vendor payments on schedule according to company policies to avoid delinquent charges and maintain compliance. Prepares month-end reconciliations, maintains spreadsheets for assigned accounts, and assists with the annual audit. Performs basic journal entries to correct records.
- Maintains accuracy of vendor records, including W-9 tracking and processing of 1099s. Answers vendor inquiries and performs monthly reconciliation of vendor statements to research and correct discrepancies. Performs filing of accounts payable records to properly maintain an orderly and accurate filing system.
- Assists with the creation of procedures and instructional documents related to accounts payable for delivery to employees and vendors.
- Reviews employee expense reports to ensure compliance with company policies and assists employees with questions related to expense reporting.
- Process credit card payments for Facilities and Purchasing. Provide backup for the Purchasing & Inventory Accounting Specialist. Assist with adding new inventory and price/cost changes. Receipting of invoices, creating credit memos and invoicing.
To land this job you will need to show your proven ability and possess the following:
- Knowledge of general math, general ledger accounting, and general accounting procedures.
- Experience using a financial general ledger ERP system and Microsoft Excel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including ability to read and comprehend simple to moderate written and oral communications.
- Exceptional attention to detail with emphasis on quality and accuracy.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where multi-tasking and prioritizing is required.
- Ability to deliver high level of customer service to internal and external customers.
- Ability to used deductive reasoning and apply problem-solving skills on a daily basis.
- Open to change, flexible, and willing to learn new things.
- Associate’s degree in Accounting and 2 years’ experience in accounting or related occupation; or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
- Experience with Concur and Navision preferred, but not required.
Your Work Environment
This is a hybrid position requiring in-office workdays up to twice weekly. The remainder of the week can be worked remotely with reliable, secure internet. You will work a standard 40 hours a week schedule in an environment where you may sit and look at the computer screen for extended periods. Additional hours may be required during month and year end close and other occasional busy periods throughout the year. There is flexibility on the time you start and end your workday. There may be opportunity to travel once or twice a year to meetings and conferences.
- Ability to drive for results, focus on the customer and build realistic plans.
Using a Thoughtful Approach
- Having the ability to think strategically, demonstrate agility, think creatively, apply financial acumen and promote teamwork.
Working with People
- Excited to build partnerships, model ethical performance, communicate with impact and influence others.
Ability to listen, earn trust, and accept direct feedback from franchisees while building strong, positive relationships
What We Offer
We offer a competitive salary, health benefits, wellness programs, a company-matching 401K and tuition assistance but some perks that set us apart are:
A focus on your development. We want to know what your dreams and aspirations are and hope to find ways of Great Clips helping you along in your journey. Your personalized development plan will create a path for your growth and promotion potential.
A GREAT culture. One the most frequent compliments you will hear about Great Clips from employees, franchisees and business partners alike is that Great Clips has a GREAT culture. Our belief is that we are strongest together and therefore find it important to have an inclusive, diverse work culture. Though we embrace our differences, we all share in our 6 core values; we are kind, we listen and earn trust, we keep it simple, we focus on execution, we exceed expectations and WE MAKE IT FUN.
A spirit of ideas and innovation. Here at Great Clips, we have a competitive lead within our industry. Though we hold a strong position, we never stop pushing ourselves forward and continue to look for new ways of delivering a powerful and enduring brand.
About Great Clips
With more than 4,400 franchised salons throughout the United States and Canada, Great Clips is the world’s largest haircutting salon brand. Our salon owners and corporate staff are dedicated to our salon communities with a focus on philanthropic and volunteer activities. Great Clips, Inc. employees are passionate about what we do and our technology team geeks out in finding ways to use technology to make what we do even better.
Salon Careers - What to Expect
Submit your interest to a local franchisee
Great Clips franchisee will reach out to you
A Great Clips franchisee will host an interview
The Great Clips franchisee will contact you should you be a fit for their position