Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minnesota
This position is responsible for accuracy of general ledger and customer and vendor records related to the procurement, sale, and distribution of goods and services through the Facilities and Purchasing (F&P) Department. This position also has additional responsibilities within the Accounting Department to ensure accurate financial data is available.
On your journey you will:
- Ensure accuracy of customer orders and customer balances.
- Perform corrections to orders as needed and mentor the F&P staff in any order corrections to ensure the accuracy of charges to customers, proper inventory records, accuracy of quantities provided to vendors on customer orders, and ensure proper taxes are assessed. This includes processing credits to franchisees and vendors for claims and monitoring receivables balances for items to be written off following company guidelines to maximize customer satisfaction.
- Reconcile inventory to the general ledger, research discrepancies.
- Receipt F&P vendor invoices by matching against the ERP generated purchase order and research discrepancies and processing weekly vendor payments for F&P.
- Responsible for tracking and renewing annual sales tax and training center business licenses.
- Complete sales and use tax filings for assigned jurisdictions.
- Perform bank account reconciliations for assigned accounts.
- Serve as back-up to specific A/P processes such as invoice entry, check processing and vendor payments.
To land this job you will need:
- Experience working in an ERP system performing customer account corrections including issuing credits, cancellations and invoices.
- Excellent problem solving/judgment skills, and high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience in preparing written materials such as correspondence, forms, reports, and procedural documentation that communicates effectively.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple responsibilities simultaneously while meeting deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Moderate proficiencies in Excel and skills to perform arithmetic equations of moderate difficulty such as COGS margins, ratios, gross and net profit and others used in accounting applications.
- Ability to prepare journal entries, balance debit entries, credit entries, and reconcile accounts.
- Ability to listen, earn trust, and accept direct feedback from franchisees, vendors and co-workers while building strong, positive relationships.
- Associate degree in Accounting, Business, a trade field or similar and 1-3 years of experience, or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
Your Work Environment
This is a hybrid position requiring in-office workdays twice weekly, including every Wednesday and another day of your choice (Monday, Tuesday or Thursday). The remainder of the week can be worked remotely with reliable, secure internet.
This is a Home Office position in which you will work a standard 40 hours a week schedule where you may sit and look at a computer screen for extended periods. Additional hours may be required during month and year end close, and other occasional busy periods throughout the year. There may be opportunity to travel once or twice a year to meetings and conferences.
- Ability to drive for results, focus on the customer and build realistic plans.
Using a Thoughtful Approach
- Having the ability to think strategically, demonstrate agility, think creatively, apply financial acumen and promote teamwork.
Working with People
- Excited to build partnerships, model ethical performance, communicate with impact and influence others.
What We Offer
We offer a competitive salary, health benefits, wellness programs, a company-matching 401K and tuition assistance but some perks that set us apart are:
A focus on your development. We want to know what your dreams and aspirations are and hope to find ways of Great Clips helping you along in your journey. Your personalized development plan will create a path for your growth and promotion potential.
A GREAT culture. One the most frequent compliments you will hear about Great Clips from employees, franchisees and business partners alike is that Great Clips has a GREAT culture. Our belief is that we are strongest together and therefore find it important to have an inclusive, diverse work culture. Though we embrace our differences, we all share in our 6 core values; we are kind, we listen and earn trust, we keep it simple, we focus on execution, we exceed expectations and WE MAKE IT FUN.
A spirit of ideas and innovation. Here at Great Clips, we have a competitive lead within our industry. Though we hold a strong position, we never stop pushing ourselves forward and continue to look for new ways of delivering a powerful and enduring brand.
About Great Clips
With more than 4,400 franchised salons throughout the United States and Canada, Great Clips is the world’s largest haircutting salon brand. Our salon owners and corporate staff are dedicated to our salon communities with a focus on philanthropic and volunteer activities. Great Clips, Inc. employees are passionate about what we do and our technology team geeks out in finding ways to use technology to make what we do even better.
Salon Careers - What to Expect
Submit your interest to a local franchisee
Great Clips franchisee will reach out to you
A Great Clips franchisee will host an interview
The Great Clips franchisee will contact you should you be a fit for their position