General ManagerReq ID: NAJ5 Date Posted: 11/06/2018 Job Ref #: NAJ5 I'm Interested
Are you a self-driven result-oriented person? Do you like managing people and developing managers, leaders and teams? Do you have cosmetology and customer relations experience? Are you process driven individual?
If this sounds like you, then you have what it takes to be a part of the number one ranked hair care brand in the country. We'd like to talk to you about how great things happen at Great Clips, and we’d love for you to be part of our GREAT team!!!
We operate 24+ salons in the greater Kansas City Area (Overland Park, Olathe, Shawnee, Lenexa, Kansas City KS-MO, Gladstone, Liberty, Independence, Blue springs, Kearney, Excelsior Springs, Harrisonville and North and South Kansas City MO) and we are seeking a General Manager position in Kansas and in Missouri.
We are looking for individuals who have:
- Great communication skills
- A team player
- A good attitude, eagerness to learn and passionate about hair
- Top-notch technical skills
- Flexible and organized
- Driven to achieve goals
- Licensed to cut hair (KS & MO Cosmetology or Barber License)
- Great customer service
What do we provide in return?
- Competitive base pay (+ performance bonuses) will match & beat competition
- Benefits Includes (Health, Paid Holidays, Vacation Time)
- Continued Education & training for Career Advancement and Leadership Opportunities
- Company Car
- Other Bonus/Perks
- Plus More
This position is responsible for overall management, coaching, development and retention of salon managers to ensure quality brand delivery to achieve desired results.
- Manages the selection, training, assessment and development of high-quality managers to assure maximum effectiveness, motivation, and retention.
- Directs the implementation and communication of tools and resources to help managers achieve brand measures and other key measures to grow their salons and achieve profitability.
- Directs the implementation and communication of salon operations processes to ensure compliance with established standards and brand strategy.
- Coaches and provides feedback to managers to improve brand delivery and salon operations.
- Provides strategic direction to managers related to the identification and support of underperforming salons to ensure opportunities are addressed in a timely manner and plans are in place for improvement.
- Participates in the annual budget process and manages the organization’s budget throughout the year to ensure that expenses are reasonable compared to budget.
- Performs other projects, work and activities as assigned to ensure continuous service to our internal and external customers.
- Makes sound decisions
- Manages execution
- Establishes relationship and trust
- Promotes teamwork
- Motivates and develops managers
- Builds realistic plans
- Uses financial data
Required Education and Experience
- 8+ years retail management experience, or a B.A. in business or related field with 3+ years multi-unit experience, or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
- This position supervises the salon managers.
This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities and skills required of the position and people in the position.