This position is responsible for overall management of coaching and development for Operations Specialists to ensure salons operate according to the Great Clips brand, provide a comfortable environment for the customer, and that each employee is able to connect with the customer. This position is also responsible for working with franchisees to influence salon growth, compliance and expansion plans. The Operations Manager plays an important role in market messaging and collaboration through leadership and the ability to influence positive outcomes.
On your journey, you will have the opportunity to:
- Manage the selection, training, assessment and development of employees within the assigned region to assure maximum effectiveness, motivation, and retention of employees.
- Manage the use of appropriate Great Clips tools and resources to provide service and support that will ensure operational compliance and continued growth of Great Clips salons.
- Manage the support of new salons to ensure that all plans for opening are followed and the salon has sufficient support during the critical grand opening stage.
- Manage assigned market budgets to ensure revenue, expense and net salons goals throughout the year to ensure goals are met.
- Perform other projects, work and activities as assigned to ensure continuous service to our internal and external customers.
- Provide business consulting support to franchisees and maintains positive relationships in assigned markets to firmly establish a position of leadership and influence within the region.
- Manage the coaching and development process for franchisees to ensure they are provided with tools and resources to support business growth.
- Collaborate with co-op president and other key franchisees to assist in planning effective co-op and other market meetings and events to ensure meetings are structured, reinforce key messages, new initiatives, along with system and market wide results.
- Provide support to Franchisee’s to ensure satisfaction of brand partnership
- Demonstrate the ability to listen, earn trust, and accept direct feedback from franchisees while building strong, positive relationships.
Your Work Environment
This is remote/field position in which you will work a flexible schedule from your home office traveling up to 45% of the time. This position supports the Midwest markets, and the Operations Manager will be required to live in the territory.
To land this job you will need to show your proven ability to, and or possess the following:
- Learn, understand and lead the support of the Great Clips technical and operating systems; ability to explain the rationale and foundation for the system.
- Lead effective meetings, deliver presentations and consult using the Great Clips systems and brand materials.
- Ability to establish credibility, subject matter expertise and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Influence, negotiate and build consensus with multiple stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Problem solve with franchisees in an effort to help them achieve business goals.
- Ability to travel and work an extensive travel schedule and ability to work remotely, evenings and weekends is required.
- Knowledge of, and skill in, using application software in an Apple environment including Word, Excel, Microsoft Outlook, and Internet functionality.
- Knowledge of retail operations, including real estate, construction, marketing, training and operations.
- Skill of helping individuals understand problems, goals and various courses of action.
- Ability to influence franchisees and understand the franchisee’s perspective.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 7-10 years of progressive experience in retail, food service, or franchising.
- 5+ years in a management position leading others
- Ability to drive for results, focus on the customer and build realistic plans.
Using a Thoughtful Approach
- Having the ability to think strategically, demonstrate agility, think creatively, apply financial acumen and promote teamwork.
Working with People
- Excited to build partnerships, model ethical performance, communicate with impact and influence others.
- Attract, develop, manage and retain top talent through mentoring, training, feedback and coaching to a manager’s direct, indirect and cross-functional teams.
What We Offer
We offer a competitive salary, health benefits, wellness programs, a company-matching 401K and tuition assistance but some perks that set us apart are:
A focus on your development. We want to know what your dreams and aspirations are and hope to find ways of Great Clips helping you along in your journey. Your personalized development plan will create a path for your growth and promotion potential.
A GREAT culture. One the most frequent compliments you will hear about Great Clips from employees, franchisees and business partners alike is that Great Clips has a GREAT culture. Our belief is that we are strongest together and therefore find it important to have an inclusive, diverse work culture. Though we embrace our differences, we all share in our 6 core values; we are kind, we listen and earn trust, we keep it simple, we focus on execution, we exceed expectations and WE MAKE IT FUN.
A spirit of ideas and innovation. Here at Great Clips, we have a competitive lead within our industry. Though we hold a strong position, we never stop pushing ourselves forward and continue to look for new ways of delivering a powerful and enduring brand.
About Great Clips
With more than 4,300 franchised salons throughout the United States and Canada, Great Clips is the world’s largest haircutting salon brand. Our salon owners and corporate staff are dedicated to our salon communities with a focus on philanthropic and volunteer activities. Great Clips, Inc. employees are passionate about what we do
Salon Careers - What to Expect
Submit your interest to a local franchisee
Great Clips franchisee will reach out to you
A Great Clips franchisee will host an interview
The Great Clips franchisee will contact you should you be a fit for their position