Technical Project Analyst -
Bloomington, MinnesotaJob Ref #: 10635286
With more than 4,300 franchised salons throughout the United States & Canada, Great Clips is the world’s largest haircutting salon brand. Our salon owners and corporate staff are dedicated to our salon communities with a focus on philanthropic and volunteer activities. Our employees work together to build the most profitable salons by delivering the most powerful and enduring brand.
At Great Clips, strong relationships are at the heart of our individual and company success, The relationships we build with each other and our franchisees are grounded in our core values.
- We are kind
- We listen and earn trust
- We keep it simple
- We focus on execution
- We exceed expectations
- We make it fun
“I really appreciate the care and candor that Great Clips shows their employees.”
“You have the ability to make a huge impact.”
We offer comprehensive benefits including medical, dental and disability
We provide a generous match to employee contributions
We believe in work life balance through flexible scheduling and working remotely programs
We proudly recognize service and exceptional performance
We encourage professional and skills development
We offer incentives for living a healthy lifestyle
We support parent bonding and family support
We proudly offer discounted services and product
Great Clips is all about bringing great value to people with minimal disruption to their busy lives - both within their haircut experience and within their experiences with our digital technologies. A Great Clips Technical Project Analyst plays an instrumental role in making that possible by bringing order to the software development life cycle (SDLC) process.
This position is responsible for the timely collection and validation of status information from project managers, business analysts, and the applications development manager to track project timing and resources and provide forecasts to the Solutions Delivery team to help drive the SDLC process.
As a Project Analyst, you will take on the challenge tracking projects through the SDLC process. Your contributions will help drive the team’s ability to release quality solutions on time and within budget. These challenges paired with your personalized development plan will hone your skills and give you the opportunity to continue leveling up your project management skillset. On your journey, you will face challenges like:
• Supporting the SDLC process by collecting and evaluating data to create, manage, and disburse reports to the project teams, notifying the teams of any abnormalities.
• Developing and producing project status reports and dashboards, analyzing data to identify opportunities to increase efficiencies in the SDLC process.
• Ensuring the timely entry and updating of data by project teams, identifying and documenting issues and risks in project plans and reporting deficiencies to leadership.
• Working with project team members to gather resource information on existing projects and forecast future resource capacity and budget numbers.
• Communicating clearly and openly among product owners, project team members and all IT functions regarding project status to ensure the SDLC runs efficiently.
• Ability to listen, earn trust, and accept direct feedback from team members while building strong, positive relationships within the team and across the company.
To land this job you will need to demonstrate:
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written and verbal communications to internal and external customers with various levels of computer, process, and informational knowledge.
• Strong project analyst with strong analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to track and manager project plans, can anticipate and effectively mitigate risks.
• Experience with Microsoft tools and applications, and business applications, including project management tools.
• Ability to bridge communication among technical and non-technical staff and customers.
• Ability to be flexible, such as the ability to work on multiple tasks, handle interruptions, and adapt to changing priorities.
• Ability to work independently and give attention to detail.
• Ability to interact with the end users and provide training and support.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, or Information Technology with 3-5 years of relevant experience coordinating projects or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge. Experience with Agile methodologies preferred.
Your Work Environment
• 40-hour onsite work week.
• 0-25% travel required.
• Sitting for extended periods of time.
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and other computer components.
• Ability to drive for results, focus on the customer and build realistic plans.
Using a Thoughtful Approach
• Having the ability to think strategically, demonstrate agility, think creatively, apply financial acumen and promote teamwork.
Working with People
• Excited to build partnerships, model ethical performance, communicate with impact and influence others.
What We Offer
We offer a competitive salary, health benefits, wellness programs, a company-matching 401K and tuition assistance but some perks that set us apart are:
A focus on your development. We want to know what your dreams and aspirations are and hope to find ways of Great Clips helping you along in your journey. Your personalized development plan will create a path for your growth and promotion potential.
A GREAT culture. One the most frequent compliments you will hear about Great Clips from employees, franchisees and business partners alike is that Great Clips has a GREAT culture. Our belief is that we are strongest together and therefore find it important to have an inclusive, diverse work culture. Though we embrace our differences, we all share in our 6 core values; we are kind, we listen and earn trust, we keep it simple, we focus on execution, we exceed expectations and WE MAKE IT FUN.
A spirit of ideas and innovation. Here at Great Clips, we have a competitive lead within our industry. Though we hold a strong position, we never stop pushing ourselves forward and continue to look for new ways of delivering a powerful and enduring brand.
About Great Clips
With more than 4,000 franchised salons throughout the United States and Canada, Great Clips is the world’s largest haircutting salon brand. Our salon owners and corporate staff are dedicated to our salon communities with a focus on philanthropic and volunteer activities. Great Clips, Inc. employees are passionate about what we do and our technology team geeks out in finding ways to use technology to make what we do even better.