Real Estate Manager -
Bloomington, MinnesotaJob Ref #: 11106185
With more than 4,300 franchised salons throughout the United States & Canada, Great Clips is the world’s largest haircutting salon brand. Our salon owners and corporate staff are dedicated to our salon communities with a focus on philanthropic and volunteer activities. Our employees work together to build the most profitable salons by delivering the most powerful and enduring brand.
At Great Clips, strong relationships are at the heart of our individual and company success, The relationships we build with each other and our franchisees are grounded in our core values.
- We are kind
- We listen and earn trust
- We keep it simple
- We focus on execution
- We exceed expectations
- We make it fun
“I really appreciate the care and candor that Great Clips shows their employees.”
“You have the ability to make a huge impact.”
We offer comprehensive benefits including medical, dental and disability
We provide a generous match to employee contributions
We believe in work life balance through flexible scheduling and working remotely programs
We proudly recognize service and exceptional performance
We encourage professional and skills development
We offer incentives for living a healthy lifestyle
We support parent bonding and family support
We proudly offer discounted services and product
This position is responsible for the timely procurement of new locations for Great Clips salons in designated markets, and for assisting franchisees in site selection and documentation.
On your journey, you will:
• Manages Great Clips real estate efforts in assigned DMAs by supporting and engaging franchisees in their real estate efforts to ensure maximum penetration of assigned markets.
• Maintains ongoing awareness and knowledge of assigned markets to ensure all real estate opportunities are maximized.
• Develops and maintains relationships and networks with retailers, developers, brokers, and landlords to facilitate an effective long-term relationship and create a positive position for Great Clips.
• Develops and maintains relationships with internal/external customers to ensure real estate policies, opportunities, and procedures are administered consistently across all markets and communications are maximized for the benefit of the franchisee and the system.
• Ability to listen, earn trust, and accept direct feedback from franchisees while building strong, positive relationships.
To land this job you will need to show your proven ability to, or possess the following:
• Negotiation skills, such as the ability to collaborate with others to arrive at a decision.
• Knowledge of real estate networks, developers, landlords, etc.; ability to develop and maintain positive relationships that will enhance the image of the company.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively communicate and positively reflect the company’s image as a leader in the marketplace.
• Knowledge and familiarity with franchise and consumer retail businesses; knowledge of the real estate availability and conditions in assigned markets.
• Ability to interpret legal jargon in lease documents and clearly communicate the meaning to people with varying levels of knowledge about leases.
• Knowledge of lease terms and site analysis and the impact they have on lease negotiations.
• Knowledge of and ability to apply policies, systems, practices and precedents used within the organization.
• Ability to travel up to 50% of time.
• 5+ years of successful commercial real estate experience; retail leasing experience preferred; college degree in business or related field preferred. Knowledge of and experience in existing or proposed Great Clips markets is desirable.
Your Work Environment
This position will be based in the Home Office in Minneapolis with travel up to 50% of the time.
• Ability to drive for results, focus on the customer and build realistic plans.
Using a Thoughtful Approach
• Having the ability to think strategically, demonstrate agility, think creatively, apply financial acumen and promote teamwork.
Working with People
• Excited to build partnerships, model ethical performance, communicate with impact and influence others.
What We Offer
We offer a competitive salary, health benefits, wellness programs, a company-matching 401K and tuition assistance but some perks that set us apart are:
A focus on your development. We want to know what your dreams and aspirations are and hope to find ways of Great Clips helping you along in your journey. Your personalized development plan will create a path for your growth and promotion potential.
A GREAT culture. One the most frequent compliments you will hear about Great Clips from employees, franchisees and business partners alike is that Great Clips has a GREAT culture. Our belief is that we are strongest together and therefore find it important to have an inclusive, diverse work culture. Though we embrace our differences, we all share in our 6 core values; we are kind, we listen and earn trust, we keep it simple, we focus on execution, we exceed expectations and WE MAKE IT FUN.
A spirit of ideas and innovation. Here at Great Clips, we have a competitive lead within our industry. Though we hold a strong position, we never stop pushing ourselves forward and continue to look for new ways of delivering a powerful and enduring brand.
About Great Clips
With more than 4,300 franchised salons throughout the United States and Canada, Great Clips is the world’s largest haircutting salon brand. Our salon owners and corporate staff are dedicated to our salon communities with a focus on philanthropic and volunteer activities. Great Clips, Inc. employees are passionate about what we do.