Meetings and Events Specialist -
Bloomington, MinnesotaJob Ref #: 11769722
With more than 4,300 franchised salons throughout the United States & Canada, Great Clips is the world’s largest haircutting salon brand. Our salon owners and corporate staff are dedicated to our salon communities with a focus on philanthropic and volunteer activities. Our employees work together to build the most profitable salons by delivering the most powerful and enduring brand.
At Great Clips, strong relationships are at the heart of our individual and company success, The relationships we build with each other and our franchisees are grounded in our core values.
- We are kind
- We listen and earn trust
- We keep it simple
- We focus on execution
- We exceed expectations
- We make it fun
“I really appreciate the care and candor that Great Clips shows their employees.”
“You have the ability to make a huge impact.”
We offer comprehensive benefits including medical, dental and disability
We provide a generous match to employee contributions
We believe in work life balance through flexible scheduling and working remotely programs
We proudly recognize service and exceptional performance
We encourage professional and skills development
We offer incentives for living a healthy lifestyle
We support parent bonding and family support
We proudly offer discounted services and product
This position supports the Meetings and Event group and assists in the executions of Great Clips meetings and corporate events.
On your journey, you will have the opportunity to:
• Partner with Meetings and Events Manager on the planning and coordination of company events to ensure all attendees have the information they need to participate in the event and that all components of the event run smoothly.
• Lead in the planning and execution of New Franchisee Training, off site department meetings and select other events.
• Manage event registration system for all Great Clip, Inc events.
• Coordinate site selection process to include creating RFP’s, sourcing properties, compiling responses and scheduling site visits.
• Manage event communications including event documentation, inSite and event master calendars.
• Partner with Meetings and Events Manager during event execution on-site including attendee registration, meals, session support, and assisting attendees.
• Demonstrate the ability to listen, earn trust, and accept direct feedback from franchisees while building strong, positive relationships.
To land this job you will need to show your proven ability to, and possess the following:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Previous Experience of 3-5 years in meeting and events/hospitality industry.
• Organization skills, time management skills, and attention to details.
• Written and verbal communication skills to initiate professional and effective contact with salons, franchisees, corporate staff, vendors, etc.
• Knowledge of and skill in using application software in Windows environment such as Word and Excel.
• Knowledge of Aventi (formally eTouches) and Cvent preferred.
• Knowledge of the meeting planning industry, knowledge of food and meeting trends, event coordination, and travel management.
• Ability to lift up to 40 pounds occasionally; ability to pack boxes and push/pull a loaded cart.
• Ability to travel up to once a month
• Ability to work nights and weeks as needed.
Your Work Environment
This is an in-office position in which you will work a standard 40 hours a week scheduled in an environment where you will participate in meetings and work at a computer most of the day. There is flexibility on the time you start and end your workday. There will be opportunity to travel once or twice a year to meetings and conferences.
• Ability to drive for results, focus on the customer and build realistic plans.
Using a Thoughtful Approach
• Having the ability to think strategically, demonstrate agility, think creatively, apply financial acumen and promote teamwork.
Working with People
• Excited to build partnerships, model ethical performance, communicate with impact and influence others.
What We Offer
We offer a competitive salary, health benefits, wellness programs, a company-matching 401K and tuition assistance but some perks that set us apart are:
A focus on your development. We want to know what your dreams and aspirations are and hope to find ways of Great Clips helping you along in your journey. Your personalized development plan will create a path for your growth and promotion potential.
A GREAT culture. One the most frequent compliments you will hear about Great Clips from employees, franchisees and business partners alike is that Great Clips has a GREAT culture. Our belief is that we are strongest together and therefore find it important to have an inclusive, diverse work culture. Though we embrace our differences, we all share in our 6 core values; we are kind, we listen and earn trust, we keep it simple, we focus on execution, we exceed expectations and WE MAKE IT FUN.
A spirit of ideas and innovation. Here at Great Clips, we have a competitive lead within our industry. Though we hold a strong position, we never stop pushing ourselves forward and continue to look for new ways of delivering a powerful and enduring brand.
About Great Clips
With more than 4,300 franchised salons throughout the United States and Canada, Great Clips is the world’s largest haircutting salon brand. Our salon owners and corporate staff are dedicated to our salon communities with a focus on philanthropic and volunteer activities. Great Clips, Inc. employees are passionate about what we do and our technology team geeks out in finding ways to use technology to make what we do even better.