Marketing Planning Specialist -
Bloomington, MinnesotaJob Ref #: 10873399
With more than 4,300 franchised salons throughout the United States & Canada, Great Clips is the world’s largest haircutting salon brand. Our salon owners and corporate staff are dedicated to our salon communities with a focus on philanthropic and volunteer activities. Our employees work together to build the most profitable salons by delivering the most powerful and enduring brand.
At Great Clips, strong relationships are at the heart of our individual and company success, The relationships we build with each other and our franchisees are grounded in our core values.
- We are kind
- We listen and earn trust
- We keep it simple
- We focus on execution
- We exceed expectations
- We make it fun
“I really appreciate the care and candor that Great Clips shows their employees.”
“You have the ability to make a huge impact.”
We offer comprehensive benefits including medical, dental and disability
We provide a generous match to employee contributions
We believe in work life balance through flexible scheduling and working remotely programs
We proudly recognize service and exceptional performance
We encourage professional and skills development
We offer incentives for living a healthy lifestyle
We support parent bonding and family support
We proudly offer discounted services and product
This position is responsible for providing ongoing marketing support to franchisees by assisting in the development and execution all elements of ad funded calendars, new salon openings, and incremental/guerilla marketing efforts.
On your journey, you will face challenges like:
• Assists in the development, execution and analysis of annual marketing calendars in assigned markets to ensure that marketing programs are successfully completed each year within the established budgets against stated business objectives.
• Manages new salon opening plans by working with the franchisees and Operations to ensure maximum utilization of resources and the achievement of marketing and financial objectives.
• Oversees the development and implements processes with all key marketing vendors and internal resources to ensure accuracy, timeliness, efficiency, and effectiveness of marketing programs.
• Provides ongoing support to the franchisees for incremental and guerrilla marketing. Serves as the primary contact to franchisees within assigned markets by providing office coverage and timely responses to maximize their marketing efforts, positively promote Great Clips in the marketplace, and drive growth in their businesses.
• Works collaboratively with the new salon opening team that tests, analyzes, and communicates more effectively with franchisees opening their 1st, and 2nd, salons.
• Communicates and executes upon new marketing tactics as set forth from the marketing planning leadership team.
• As directed by the marketing manager, responsible for development, execution, and analysis of annual marketing calendars in a handful of markets.
• As directed by the marketing manager, some travel is possible
• As directed, works on project teams within the department.
To land this job you will need to show your proven ability to:
• Knowledge of marketing and advertising principles and practices; ability to apply these principles and practices in the development and communication of marketing/advertising programs.
• Knowledge of and skill in using application software in an Windows Platform environment including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and various internal workflow systems such as CRM, FRM, Spotr, Smarter Local Discounting, inSite and Alterex.
• Ability to develop a complete business/marketing plan with solid financial elements.
• Written and verbal communication skills to initiate professional and effective contact with salons, franchisees, corporate staff, vendors, etc.
• Ability to identify resources, collect data, analyze pertinent data/information, and apply the results to a specific situation.
• Ability to edit documents using proper grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation and sentence structure.
• 4-year college degree preferred and at least 2-3 years of marketing experience, media placement, digital/social marketing, or other related experience.
Your Work Environment
Position based in Great Clips corporate office with occasional travel (5-10%) out to markets across the country as directed by the marketing manager. Travel could be multi-day depending on scheduled meetings.
• Ability to drive for results, focus on the customer and build realistic plans.
Using a Thoughtful Approach
• Having the ability to think strategically, demonstrate agility, think creatively, apply financial acumen and promote teamwork.
Working with People
• Excited to build partnerships, model ethical performance, communicate with impact and influence others.
What We Offer
We offer a competitive salary, health benefits, wellness programs, a company-matching 401K and tuition assistance but some perks that set us apart are:
A focus on your development. We want to know what your dreams and aspirations are and hope to find ways of Great Clips helping you along in your journey. Your personalized development plan will create a path for your growth and promotion potential.
A GREAT culture. One the most frequent compliments you will hear about Great Clips from employees, franchisees and business partners alike is that Great Clips has a GREAT culture. Our belief is that we are strongest together and therefore find it important to have an inclusive, diverse work culture. Though we embrace our differences, we all share in our 6 core values; we are kind, we listen and earn trust, we keep it simple, we focus on execution, we exceed expectations and WE MAKE IT FUN.
A spirit of ideas and innovation. Here at Great Clips, we have a competitive lead within our industry. Though we hold a strong position, we never stop pushing ourselves forward and continue to look for new ways of delivering a powerful and enduring brand.
About Great Clips
With more than 4,000 franchised salons throughout the United States and Canada, Great Clips is the world’s largest haircutting salon brand. Our salon owners and corporate staff are dedicated to our salon communities with a focus on philanthropic and volunteer activities. Great Clips, Inc. employees are passionate about what we do and our technology team geeks out in finding ways to use technology to make what we do even better.