Marketing Manager -
Bloomington, MinnesotaJob Ref #: 10070344
With more than 4,300 franchised salons throughout the United States & Canada, Great Clips is the world’s largest haircutting salon brand. Our salon owners and corporate staff are dedicated to our salon communities with a focus on philanthropic and volunteer activities. Our employees work together to build the most profitable salons by delivering the most powerful and enduring brand.
At Great Clips, strong relationships are at the heart of our individual and company success, The relationships we build with each other and our franchisees are grounded in our core values.
- We are kind
- We listen and earn trust
- We keep it simple
- We focus on execution
- We exceed expectations
- We make it fun
“I really appreciate the care and candor that Great Clips shows their employees.”
“You have the ability to make a huge impact.”
We offer comprehensive benefits including medical, dental and disability
We provide a generous match to employee contributions
We believe in work life balance through flexible scheduling and working remotely programs
We proudly recognize service and exceptional performance
We encourage professional and skills development
We offer incentives for living a healthy lifestyle
We support parent bonding and family support
We proudly offer discounted services and product
This position is responsible for driving profitable customer growth via the development of annual marketing plans which accomplish the business objectives as stated in the strategic framework developed by the Sr. Director of Planning. Oversees the Marketing Planning Specialist in designated markets that provide recommendations for new salon openings, incremental, and guerrilla marketing. Serves as a mentor/coach to the Marketing Planning Specialists and other members of the Marketing/Communications team.
Your Mission On your journey, you will:
• Develop, execute, and analyze annual strategic ad fund marketing plans in collaboration with assigned markets that address brand measures and drive desired customer count growth and profit objectives using appropriate tools/analysis to support recommendations.
• Provide analysis and recommendations to support franchisees ongoing marketing efforts both in new salons (through year 2) and existing salon organizations.
• Provide recommendations to Sr. Director of Marketing Planning on short-term and long-term ongoing marketing strategies to ensure we are positioned to deliver and leverage desire system-wide marketing programs to franchisees.
• Manage ad fund budget dollars in assigned markets including maintaining expected cushion and managing market dollars effectively.
• Work with Marketing Planning vendor partners to test, analyze and implement new marketing tactics. Incorporates new marketing tactics as they become part of the proven marketing mix.
• Establish relationships with franchisees in markets so that trust is earned and collaboration occurs.
• Develop new marketing ideas that utilize the best media mix to drive business results.
• Demonstrate the ability to listen, earn trust, and accept direct feedback from franchisees while building strong, positive relationships.
To land this job you will need to show your proven ability to, and possess the following:
• Bachelor’s degree required with 8+ years of marketing management experience on either client or agency side or a combination of the two.
• Strong experience with digital marketing and knowledge of creative/branding process at client or agency side preferred.
• Knowledge of marketing and advertising principles and practices; ability to apply these principles and practices in the development and communication of marketing/advertising programs.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Knowledge and familiarity with franchise service sector multi-tier industry and consumer retail businesses.
• Customer relations skills, such as the ability to respond with a sense of urgency, and with tact and diplomacy in difficult situations.
• Planning skills, such as identifying and sequencing action steps to achieve goals while considering possible risks.
• Ability to effectively speak and present in public and positively reflect the company’s image as a leader in the marketplace.
• Ability to build effective relationships across all levels, exchanging information freely and dealing well with differences of opinion or confrontation.
• Ability to develop a complete business/marketing plan with solid financial elements.
• Excellent financial analysis skills.
• Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Excel and other financial programs.
Your Work Environment
This is an in-office position in which you will work a standard 40 hours a week schedule in an environment where you will participate in meetings and work at a computer most of the day. There is flexibility on the time you start and end your workday. Approximately 20% travel during the year.
• Ability to drive for results, focus on the customer and build realistic plans.
Using a Thoughtful Approach
• Having the ability to think strategically, demonstrate agility, think creatively, apply financial acumen and promote teamwork.
Working with People
• Excited to build partnerships, model ethical performance, communicate with impact and influence others.
• Attract, develop, manage and retain top talent through mentoring, training, feedback and coaching to a manager’s direct, indirect and cross-functional teams.
What we Offer
We offer a competitive salary, health benefits, wellness programs, a company-matching 401K and tuition assistance but some perks that set us apart are: A focus on your development. We want to know what your dreams and aspirations are and hope to find ways of Great Clips helping you along in your journey. Your personalized development plan will create a path for your growth and promotion potential. A GREAT culture. One the most frequent compliments you will hear about Great Clips from employees, franchisees and business partners alike is that Great Clips has a GREAT culture. Our belief is that we are strongest together and therefore find it important to have an inclusive, diverse work culture. Though we embrace our differences, we all share in our 6 core values; we are kind, we listen and earn trust, we keep it simple, we focus on execution, we exceed expectations and WE MAKE IT FUN. A spirit of ideas and innovation. Here at Great Clips, we have a competitive lead within our industry. Though we hold a strong position, we never stop pushing ourselves forward and continue to look for new ways of delivering a powerful and enduring brand. About Great Clips With more than 4,000 franchised salons throughout the United States and Canada, Great Clips is the world’s largest haircutting salon brand. Our salon owners and corporate staff are dedicated to our salon communities with a focus on philanthropic and volunteer activities. Great Clips, Inc. employees are passionate about what we do.