Junior Paralegal -
Bloomington, MinnesotaJob Ref #: 10964237
With more than 4,300 franchised salons throughout the United States & Canada, Great Clips is the world’s largest haircutting salon brand. Our salon owners and corporate staff are dedicated to our salon communities with a focus on philanthropic and volunteer activities. Our employees work together to build the most profitable salons by delivering the most powerful and enduring brand.
At Great Clips, strong relationships are at the heart of our individual and company success, The relationships we build with each other and our franchisees are grounded in our core values.
- We are kind
- We listen and earn trust
- We keep it simple
- We focus on execution
- We exceed expectations
- We make it fun
“I really appreciate the care and candor that Great Clips shows their employees.”
“You have the ability to make a huge impact.”
We offer comprehensive benefits including medical, dental and disability
We provide a generous match to employee contributions
We believe in work life balance through flexible scheduling and working remotely programs
We proudly recognize service and exceptional performance
We encourage professional and skills development
We offer incentives for living a healthy lifestyle
We support parent bonding and family support
We proudly offer discounted services and product
This is an exciting opportunity for a paralegal/legal assistant with 1-3 years of experience to support the Legal Department through the administration of various assignments. The role is responsible for directly supporting the Corporate Counsel with drafting, research, contract management, and assistance with a broad array of projects and initiatives.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to:
· Prepare various documents for Corporate Counsel’s review, including, but not limited to: vendor contracts, transactional agreements, standard contract forms and templates, commercial leases, letters and other legal documentation responding to the needs of the business.
· Manage legal compliance for marketing and advertising matters (with attorney oversight), such as drafting official rules, managing waivers and forms, and otherwise protect the brand by responding to unauthorized use of the company’s intellectual property.
· Perform global legal research, including, but not limited to, statutes, regulations, case law and agency guidance/guidelines.
· Collaboratively develop and refine critical processes and documentation necessary to support administration of the Legal Department’s policies and procedures.
· Identify and analyze issues that require attention from department attorneys and work as part of a team to ensure prompt and efficient resolution of issues.
· Maintain the Contract Management Solution; audit and update the database and its content on an ongoing basis.
· Enhance the culture of compliance for all business units and further the role of law office management by enforcing Legal Department policies.
· Provide assistance to attorneys in other assigned tasks, such as administrative needs relative to litigation or other transactional legal processes.
· Ability to listen, earn trust, and accept direct feedback from franchisees while building strong, positive relationships.
· Paralegal certificate (current in MN) preferred.
· 1-3 years of in-house or law firm experience as a paralegal or high-level administrative assistant (or combination thereof).
· Previous experience working in a franchise environment is desirable.
· Willingness to be a team player, but capable of working effectively with little supervision.
· An excellent communicator that takes initiative but seeks assistance when appropriate.
· Ability to meet demanding performance goals and tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
· Maintains a professional demeanor and reflects the company’s core values.
· Knowledge of and skill in using application software in a PC environment including Word, Excel, SharePoint, Dynamics CRM, and FileSite software
· Acute attention to detail and the ability to carefully proof all work, and use proper grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation and sentence structure.
· Knowledge of, or ability to quickly learn, applicable legal terminology, and appropriately handle highly confidential information.
· Organizational skills, such as the ability to categorize, sort and utilize information and/or materials in a meaningful, efficient and logical manner.
· Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability, while still meeting deadlines.
· Ability to identify and utilize internal resources, collect and review pertinent data/information, and apply the results to a specific situation.
Your Work Environment
This is an in-office position in which you will work standard work-week hours in an environment where you will participate in meetings and work at a computer most of the day. There is some flexibility on the time you start and end your workday. There may be an opportunity to travel at least once a year to company meetings and conferences.
· Ability to drive for results, focus on the customer and build realistic plans.
Using a Thoughtful Approach
· Having the ability to think strategically, demonstrate agility, think creatively, apply financial acumen and promote teamwork.
Working with People
· Excited to build partnerships, model ethical performance, communicate with impact and influence others.
What We Offer
We offer a competitive salary, health benefits, wellness programs, a company-matching 401K and tuition assistance but some perks that set us apart are:
A focus on your development. We want to know what your dreams and aspirations are and hope to find ways of Great Clips helping you along in your journey. Your personalized development plan will create a path for your growth and promotion potential. A GREAT culture. One of the most frequent compliments you will
hear about Great Clips from employees, franchisees and business partners alike is that Great Clips has a GREAT culture. Our belief is that we are strongest together and therefore find it important to have an inclusive, diverse work culture. Though we embrace our differences, we all share in our 6 core values; we are kind, we listen and earn trust, we keep it simple, we focus on execution, we exceed expectations and WE MAKE IT FUN. A spirit of ideas and innovation. Here at Great Clips, we have a competitive lead within our industry. Though we hold a strong position, we never stop pushing ourselves forward and continue to look for new ways of delivering a powerful and enduring brand.
About Great Clips
With more than 4,300 franchised salons throughout the United States and Canada, Great Clips is the world’s largest haircutting salon brand. Our salon owners and corporate staff are dedicated to our salon communities with a focus on philanthropic and volunteer activities.