Instructional Design Manager -
Bloomington, MinnesotaJob Ref #: 11769721
With more than 4,300 franchised salons throughout the United States & Canada, Great Clips is the world’s largest haircutting salon brand. Our salon owners and corporate staff are dedicated to our salon communities with a focus on philanthropic and volunteer activities. Our employees work together to build the most profitable salons by delivering the most powerful and enduring brand.
At Great Clips, strong relationships are at the heart of our individual and company success, The relationships we build with each other and our franchisees are grounded in our core values.
- We are kind
- We listen and earn trust
- We keep it simple
- We focus on execution
- We exceed expectations
- We make it fun
“I really appreciate the care and candor that Great Clips shows their employees.”
“You have the ability to make a huge impact.”
We offer comprehensive benefits including medical, dental and disability
We provide a generous match to employee contributions
We believe in work life balance through flexible scheduling and working remotely programs
We proudly recognize service and exceptional performance
We encourage professional and skills development
We offer incentives for living a healthy lifestyle
We support parent bonding and family support
We proudly offer discounted services and product
Join an award winning learning and development team focused on creating experiences that help learners reach their potential and acheive their goals. This position is responsible for managing the design and development of experiences that promote learning online, virtually, and in person through Great Clips University.
On your journey, you will have the opportunity to:
• Manage the Instructional Design team in the development, implementation, and evaluation of instructionally sound training experiences, courses, programs and related materials to develop the skills, knowledge and abilities required to support the Great Clips system. This includes learning experiences that can be delivered online, virtually, or in person.
• Manage learning projects to ensure the end product meets the owner’s objectives and the user’s needs.
• Design, develop, implement, and maintain instructionally sound learning experiences, courses, programs, and related materials.
• Act as a resource for other departments to integrate learning best practices into their department plans and projects.
To land this job you will need to show your proven ability to, or possess the following:
• Bachelor’s degree in education, instructional design or related field required, 5+ years of experience managing a team, managing the instructional design function, and project management, or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Skill in designing and developing e-learning, virtual, and in person programs, tools, activities, and related materials that communicate the intended purpose, are understood by the audience and are creative and stimulating. Experience designing courses for the Apple environment.
• Knowledge of and skill in using the design and layout features of software applications including Storyline, Camtasia, Captivate, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Project Management experience including working with a remote team and agile development.
• Knowledge of and ability to use the most appropriate technology solution for the training required.
• Skill in identifying resources, collecting and reviewing pertinent information, and using this information to develop training materials and related information.
• Knowledge of the budget planning and review process; ability to interpret budget reports and provide explanations for variances.
• Written and verbal communication skills.
• Travel up to approximately 10% of the time.
Your Work Environment
This is an in-office position in which you will work a standard 40 hours a week scheduled in an environment where you will participate in meetings and work at a computer most of the day. There is flexibility on the time you start and end your workday. There will be opportunity to travel once or twice a year to meetings and conferences.
• Ability to drive for results, focus on the customer and build realistic plans.
Using a Thoughtful Approach
• Having the ability to think strategically, demonstrate agility, think creatively, apply financial acumen and promote teamwork.
Working with People
• Excited to build partnerships, model ethical performance, communicate with impact and influence others.
What We Offer
We offer a competitive salary, health benefits, wellness programs, a company-matching 401K and tuition assistance but some perks that set us apart are:
A focus on your development. We want to know what your dreams and aspirations are and hope to find ways of Great Clips helping you along in your journey. Your personalized development plan will create a path for your growth and promotion potential.
A GREAT culture. One the most frequent compliments you will hear about Great Clips from employees, franchisees and business partners alike is that Great Clips has a GREAT culture. Our belief is that we are strongest together and therefore find it important to have an inclusive, diverse work culture. Though we embrace our differences, we all share in our 6 core values; we are kind, we listen and earn trust, we keep it simple, we focus on execution, we exceed expectations and WE MAKE IT FUN.
A spirit of ideas and innovation. Here at Great Clips, we have a competitive lead within our industry. Though we hold a strong position, we never stop pushing ourselves forward and continue to look for new ways of delivering a powerful and enduring brand.
About Great Clips
With more than 4,300 franchised salons throughout the United States and Canada, Great Clips is the world’s largest haircutting salon brand. Our salon owners and corporate staff are dedicated to our salon communities with a focus on philanthropic and volunteer activities. Great Clips, Inc. employees are passionate about what we do.