External Communications Strategist -
Bloomington, MinnesotaJob Ref #: 10873400
With more than 4,300 franchised salons throughout the United States & Canada, Great Clips is the world’s largest haircutting salon brand. Our salon owners and corporate staff are dedicated to our salon communities with a focus on philanthropic and volunteer activities. Our employees work together to build the most profitable salons by delivering the most powerful and enduring brand.
At Great Clips, strong relationships are at the heart of our individual and company success, The relationships we build with each other and our franchisees are grounded in our core values.
- We are kind
- We listen and earn trust
- We keep it simple
- We focus on execution
- We exceed expectations
- We make it fun
“I really appreciate the care and candor that Great Clips shows their employees.”
“You have the ability to make a huge impact.”
We offer comprehensive benefits including medical, dental and disability
We provide a generous match to employee contributions
We believe in work life balance through flexible scheduling and working remotely programs
We proudly recognize service and exceptional performance
We encourage professional and skills development
We offer incentives for living a healthy lifestyle
We support parent bonding and family support
We proudly offer discounted services and product
The Communications Strategist (External) is responsible for public relations and external communication content initiatives, across multiple platforms and formats to drive salon visits, engagement/loyalty, retention, and positive consumer/guest experience for Great Clips. This individual is an expert in all things related to communications content and brand consistency, analytics and meaningful measurement. As a member of the broader marketing and communications team, the Communications Strategist is expected to collaborate across marketing as well as other departments including real estate, operations and recruiting to help define and tell the brand story to customers and prospects. This position also provides expertise and leadership in the management of elevated customer relations to ensure they are resolved in a meaningful way. As an advocate for the brand, this role will assist in managing elevated customer responses both proactively and reactively through social channels as well as through traditional communication efforts. This role partners with the PR agency to position the brand proactively as an industry leader as well as supports crisis communications as needed.
Ultimately, the job of the Communications Strategist is to think like a publisher/journalist, leading the development of communication initiatives in all forms to support and grow the brand. This includes:
• Developing a communications strategy that supports and extends marketing and initiatives, both short- and long-term, determining which methods work for the brand and why. Continuous evolvement of strategy is a priority.
• Ensure all PR and communications content is on-brand, quality and tone of voice, for all channels including, social media, (strong collaborator working with teams to achieve this). Work with the digital analyst for optimal content and performance of content and to report on performance and results.
• Integration of PR and influencer activities within marketing and communications campaigns.
• Draft and create response plans for (elevated) customer relations and assist with crisis communications
• Develop communication standards, and best practices (both human and technological) including the real-time implementation of content strategies especially as it relates to real time social media engagement.
• Work closely with company's digital marketing analyst on communication initiatives to ensure a consistent message across channels.
• Work closely with Operations, Real Estate, Legal and Recruiting teams to provide strategic communications and PR counsel and input.
To land this job you will need to show your proven ability to, and or possess the following:
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to write clear, impactful communications
• Tech savvy, experience with PR and social media content to drive engagement
• Attention to detail, deadline-focused and ability to execute multiple tasks
• High degree of computer literacy, proficient in Microsoft Office suite - passion for new technology tools and usage of those tools.
• Ability to take ideas from concept to implementation
• Ability to develop, plan, organize and manage a project timeline
• Training as a print or broadcast journalist and has a “nose” for the story. Training in how to tell a story using words, images, or audio, and an understanding of how to create content that draws an audience (it is critical that the Content Manager retain an “outsider’s perspective” much like that of a journalist.)
• Clear articulation of the business goal behind the creation of a piece (or series) of content.
• Project management skills to manage editorial schedules and deadlines within corporate and ongoing campaigns.
• Fluency in web analytics tools and social media marketing applications and leading social media monitoring platforms.
• A willingness to embrace change and to adapt strategies on the fly.
• Continually learning the latest platforms, technology tools and marketing solutions through partnerships.
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing or related field and a minimum of 4-7 years of professional experience in content management for high-traffic sites or related occupation (Sitecore preferred, but not required); or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge. Basic HTML knowledge, Google Analytics, SharePoint experience preferred, but not required.
Your Work Environment
This is an in-office position in which you will work a standard 40 hours a week schedule in an environment where you will participate in meetings and work at a computer most of the day. There is flexibility on the time you start and end your workday. Approximately 20% travel during the year.
• Ability to drive for results, focus on the customer and build realistic plans.
Using a Thoughtful Approach
• Having the ability to think strategically, demonstrate agility, think creatively, apply financial acumen and promote teamwork.
Working with People
• Excited to build partnerships, model ethical performance, communicate with impact and influence others.
What We Offer
We offer a competitive salary, health benefits, wellness programs, a company-matching 401K and tuition assistance but some perks that set us apart are:
A focus on your development. We want to know what your dreams and aspirations are and hope to find ways of Great Clips helping you along in your journey. Your personalized development plan will create a path for your growth and promotion potential.
A GREAT culture. One the most frequent compliments you will hear about Great Clips from employees, franchisees and business partners alike is that Great Clips has a GREAT culture. Our belief is that we are strongest together and therefore find it important to have an inclusive, diverse work culture. Though we embrace our differences, we all share in our 6 core values; we are kind, we listen and earn trust, we keep it simple, we focus on execution, we exceed expectations and WE MAKE IT FUN.
A spirit of ideas and innovation. Here at Great Clips, we have a competitive lead within our industry. Though we hold a strong position, we never stop pushing ourselves forward and continue to look for new ways of delivering a powerful and enduring brand.
About Great Clips
With more than 4,300 franchised salons throughout the United States and Canada, Great Clips is the world’s largest haircutting salon brand. Our salon owners and corporate staff are dedicated to our salon communities with a focus on philanthropic and volunteer activities. Great Clips, Inc. employees are passionate about what we do.