Database Administrator -
Bloomington, MinnesotaJob Ref #: 12341467
With more than 4,300 franchised salons throughout the United States & Canada, Great Clips is the world’s largest haircutting salon brand. Our salon owners and corporate staff are dedicated to our salon communities with a focus on philanthropic and volunteer activities. Our employees work together to build the most profitable salons by delivering the most powerful and enduring brand.
At Great Clips, strong relationships are at the heart of our individual and company success, The relationships we build with each other and our franchisees are grounded in our core values.
- We are kind
- We listen and earn trust
- We keep it simple
- We focus on execution
- We exceed expectations
- We make it fun
“I really appreciate the care and candor that Great Clips shows their employees.”
“You have the ability to make a huge impact.”
We offer comprehensive benefits including medical, dental and disability
We provide a generous match to employee contributions
We believe in work life balance through flexible scheduling and working remotely programs
We proudly recognize service and exceptional performance
We encourage professional and skills development
We offer incentives for living a healthy lifestyle
We support parent bonding and family support
We proudly offer discounted services and product
The Database Administrator’s role is to provide operational database and data store services for Great Clips, Inc. systems. This position works with the business to create, maintain, and protect data stores vital to the company.
On your journey as a DBA, you will have the opportunity to:
• Execute against goals for production databases in conjunction with data owners and department managers. Conduct research and make recommendations on database products, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
• Establish and execute policies and procedures for backup and recovery, disaster recovery, data archiving, change control, and redundant systems to ensure effective protection and integrity of data assets. Develop and execute a protocol for testing data recovery to identify issues with the documented process and procedure for data backup and recovery.
• Collaborate with the governance and data management teams to define security policies and ensure policies are in place for all databases and data stores, and all database and data store authentication is in alignment with company standard security policies.
• Collaborate with business analysts and enterprise architecture manager to identify database requirements and design databases. Collaborate with application developers through software development lifecycle to develop database architectures, coding standards, and quality assurance policies and procedures. Collaborate with business intelligence staff to develop data storage architectures, coding standards, and assist with data movement.
• Create and manage databases and data stores. Optimize performance through code reviews and walk-throughs, proactive monitoring of the data environments, and making changes to data structures, code and subsystems. Support database and data store functions by designing, coding, and supporting utilities. Develop and support integrations to systems outside the company.
To land this job you will need to demonstrate and/or possess the following:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field. Practical experience can be used in lieu of education.
• 5-8 years of experience as a Database Administrator
• Experience with database administration for MS SQL Server, and other database platforms, and cloud based data stores, like data lakes.
• Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems across multiple database platforms and cloud based data stores.
• Experience in performance tuning and optimization of databases and data stores using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
• Experience with backups, restores and recovery models for data stores, including databases and data lakes.
• Knowledge of high availability and disaster recovery options for MS SQL Server and other data stores, or the ability to learn options for new data stores.
• Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts.
• Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics.
• Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory and proper disk configurations.
• Good communication and documentation skills.
• Ability to work independently and give attention to detail.
• Ability to be flexible, such as the ability to work on multiple tasks, handle interruptions, and adapt to changing priorities.
Your Work Environment
This position will reside within a corporate office environment that allows for you to “dress for your day”. There will be minimal travel. There are also 1-2 local events each year that will require participation outside of normal business hours during the week.
• Ability to drive for results, focus on the customer and build realistic plans.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
Using a Thoughtful Approach
• Having the ability to think strategically, demonstrate agility, think creatively, apply financial acumen and promote teamwork.
Working with People
• Excited to build partnerships, model ethical performance, communicate with impact and influence others.
What We Offer
We offer a competitive salary, health benefits, wellness programs, a company-matching 401K and tuition assistance but some perks that set us apart are:
A focus on your development. We want to know what your dreams and aspirations are and hope to find ways of Great Clips helping you along in your journey. Your personalized development plan will create a path for your growth and promotion potential.
A GREAT culture. One the most frequent compliments you will hear about Great Clips from employees, franchisees and business partners alike is that Great Clips has a GREAT culture. Our belief is that we are strongest together and therefore find it important to have an inclusive, diverse work culture. Though we embrace our differences, we all share in our 6 core values; we are kind, we listen and earn trust, we keep it simple, we focus on execution, we exceed expectations and WE MAKE IT FUN.
A spirit of ideas and innovation. Here at Great Clips, we have a competitive lead within our industry. Though we hold a strong position, we never stop pushing ourselves forward and continue to look for new ways of delivering a powerful and enduring brand.
About Great Clips
With more than 4,400 franchised salons throughout the United States and Canada, Great Clips is the world’s largest haircutting salon brand. Our salon owners and corporate staff are dedicated to our salon communities with a focus on philanthropic and volunteer activities. Great Clips, Inc. employees are passionate about what we do and our technology team geeks out in finding ways to use technology to make what we do even better.