Business Intelligence Analyst I -
Bloomington, MinnesotaJob Ref #: 10452894
With more than 4,300 franchised salons throughout the United States & Canada, Great Clips is the world’s largest haircutting salon brand. Our salon owners and corporate staff are dedicated to our salon communities with a focus on philanthropic and volunteer activities. Our employees work together to build the most profitable salons by delivering the most powerful and enduring brand.
At Great Clips, strong relationships are at the heart of our individual and company success, The relationships we build with each other and our franchisees are grounded in our core values.
- We are kind
- We listen and earn trust
- We keep it simple
- We focus on execution
- We exceed expectations
- We make it fun
“I really appreciate the care and candor that Great Clips shows their employees.”
“You have the ability to make a huge impact.”
We offer comprehensive benefits including medical, dental and disability
We provide a generous match to employee contributions
We believe in work life balance through flexible scheduling and working remotely programs
We proudly recognize service and exceptional performance
We encourage professional and skills development
We offer incentives for living a healthy lifestyle
We support parent bonding and family support
We proudly offer discounted services and product
This position is responsible for sourcing, exploring and analyzing available data to generate new ideas and challenge thinking, solve business problems, and create valuable tools for users that inform business decisions.
On your journey, you will face a wide range of opportunities:
• Acting as an internal consultant to understand and interpret data and draw conclusions; listening to users, translating ideas and requests and look for opportunities to apply analytics and knowledge across the organization; working collaboratively with various departments to help meet their data, analytics and data visualization needs.
• Participating in the creation and execution of the data analytics/BI strategy and roadmap through collaboration with BIT; presenting ideas and execute on BI projects.
• Gathering data into the appropriate reporting datasets (cubes, tabular models, etc), designing visual report and dashboard solutions to meet the business needs (using Power BI and Excel), and developing reports that are efficient and require minimal effort to support.
• Establishing links across data sources; working with team members as needed to identify, design and build appropriate datasets; developing tools and libraries that will help analytics team members more efficiently interface with the data.
• Ability to listen, earn trust, and accept direct feedback from Great Clips Inc employees and franchisees while building strong, positive relationships.
This is an entry level position, but a background in the following areas is required:
• Bachelor’s degree in Math, Business, Statistics, or related field, or 2 years of relevant experience.
• Knowledge of tools, techniques and practices for the use of data mining technologies to glean vital business information and correlations.
• Ability to use statistics to provide quantitative support for business decisions.
• Ability to use various approaches, tools and techniques to promote creative, original thinking and apply this to a variety of business situations.
• Skill and ability to determine business needs and produce analytical solutions for a retail environment.
• Knowledge of database principles and data formats and ability to use it to organize, process, and analyze data.
• Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks, adjusting priorities as needed.
• Written and verbal communication skills to initiate professional and effective contact with internal and external customers.
• Experience with the following technical skills are required:
o General IT
• Experience with the following technical skills are nice to have:
o Power BI
o Report Design/Visualization
Your Work Environment
Travel Requirements: 0-10%
• Ability to drive for results, focus on the customer and build realistic plans.
Using a Thoughtful Approach
• Having the ability to think strategically, demonstrate agility, think creatively, apply financial acumen and promote teamwork.
Working with People
• Excited to build partnerships, model ethical performance, communicate with impact and influence others.
What We Offer
We offer a competitive salary, health benefits, wellness programs, a company-matching 401K and tuition assistance but some perks that set us apart are:
A focus on your development. We want to know what your dreams and aspirations are and hope to find ways of Great Clips helping you along in your journey. Your personalized development plan will create a path for your growth and promotion potential.
A GREAT culture. One the most frequent compliments you will hear about Great Clips from employees, franchisees and business partners alike is that Great Clips has a GREAT culture. Our belief is that we are strongest together and therefore find it important to have an inclusive, diverse work culture. Though we embrace our differences, we all share in our 6 core values; we are kind, we listen and earn trust, we keep it simple, we focus on execution, we exceed expectations and WE MAKE IT FUN.
A spirit of ideas and innovation. Here at Great Clips, we have a competitive lead within our industry. Though we hold a strong position, we never stop pushing ourselves forward and continue to look for new ways of delivering a powerful and enduring brand.
About Great Clips
With more than 4,300 franchised salons throughout the United States and Canada, Great Clips is the world’s largest haircutting salon brand. Our salon owners and corporate staff are dedicated to our salon communities with a focus on philanthropic and volunteer activities. Great Clips, Inc. employees are passionate about what we do and our data & technology teams excel in finding ways to use technology to make what we do even better.