Business Analyst -
Bloomington, MinnesotaJob Ref #: 10611286
With more than 4,300 franchised salons throughout the United States & Canada, Great Clips is the world’s largest haircutting salon brand. Our salon owners and corporate staff are dedicated to our salon communities with a focus on philanthropic and volunteer activities. Our employees work together to build the most profitable salons by delivering the most powerful and enduring brand.
At Great Clips, strong relationships are at the heart of our individual and company success, The relationships we build with each other and our franchisees are grounded in our core values.
- We are kind
- We listen and earn trust
- We keep it simple
- We focus on execution
- We exceed expectations
- We make it fun
“I really appreciate the care and candor that Great Clips shows their employees.”
“You have the ability to make a huge impact.”
We offer comprehensive benefits including medical, dental and disability
We provide a generous match to employee contributions
We believe in work life balance through flexible scheduling and working remotely programs
We proudly recognize service and exceptional performance
We encourage professional and skills development
We offer incentives for living a healthy lifestyle
We support parent bonding and family support
We proudly offer discounted services and product
The Business Analyst’s role is to serve as a liaison between corporate Great Clips functional areas and information technology. This position leads projects through the entire SDLC, collects, analyzes, documents, communicates business requirements, and supports user testing to achieve business goals.
On your journey, you will have the opportunity to:
• Lead product owners through business case development.
• Guide product owners through backlog grooming and product road-mapping.
• Develop and continually update project plans and timelines; monitor projects and report project status to stakeholders.
• Assess business needs by gathering, analyzing, and documenting requirements.
• Assist in identifying business priorities and advise on options.
• Develop, write, and communicate business requirements and functional specifications for the implantation of business solutions.
• Document and analyze business processes to identify opportunities for improvements.
• Work with developers and/or vendors to translate functional requirements into technical requirements.
• Develop user test cases and validate test results during testing, and execute test cases.
• Develop contingency, upgrade, release, and support plans.
To land this job you will need to demonstrate, and/or possess the following:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, or Information Technology.
• 3-5 years of relevant experience managing process automation, web application, and enhancement projects preferred, or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Experience with Agile and waterfall methodologies.
• Ability to research, analyze, and solve problems with software programs.
• Ability to bridge communication among technical and non-technical staff and customers.
• Ability to be flexible, to work on multiple tasks, handle interruptions, and adapt to changing priorities.
• Strong interpersonal skills, with experience interacting with end users and providing training and support.
• Strong attention to detail and the ability to work independently.
Your Work Environment
This position will reside within a corporate office environment that allows for you to “dress for your day”. There will be minimal travel, 1-2 trips/year that will last for 2-3 days each.
• Ability to drive for results, focus on the customer and build realistic plans.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
Using a Thoughtful Approach
• Having the ability to think strategically, demonstrate agility, think creatively, apply financial acumen and promote teamwork.
Working with People
• Excited to build partnerships, model ethical performance, communicate with impact and influence others.
What We Offer
We offer a competitive salary, health benefits, wellness programs, a company-matching 401K and tuition assistance but some perks that set us apart are:
A focus on your development. We want to know what your dreams and aspirations are and hope to find ways of Great Clips helping you along in your journey. Your personalized development plan will create a path for your growth and promotion potential.
A GREAT culture. One the most frequent compliments you will hear about Great Clips from employees, franchisees and business partners alike is that Great Clips has a GREAT culture. Our belief is that we are strongest together and therefore find it important to have an inclusive, diverse work culture. Though we embrace our differences, we all share in our 6 core values; we are kind, we listen and earn trust, we keep it simple, we focus on execution, we exceed expectations and WE MAKE IT FUN.
A spirit of ideas and innovation. Here at Great Clips, we have a competitive lead within our industry. Though we hold a strong position, we never stop pushing ourselves forward and continue to look for new ways of delivering a powerful and enduring brand.
About Great Clips
With more than 4.300 franchised salons throughout the United States and Canada, Great Clips is the world’s largest haircutting salon brand. Our salon owners and corporate staff are dedicated to our salon communities with a focus on philanthropic and volunteer activities. Great Clips, Inc. employees are passionate about what we do and our technology team geeks out in finding ways to use technology to make what we do even better.