SHOW THE WORLD WHAT YOU'RE ALL ABOUT!
This position will develop strong communication strategies for high-impact communications. Collaboration will be essential in the position with the leadership team, stakeholders and vendors. On your journey, you will serve as the Communications leader in the following areas:
• Lead the development and implementation of a system wide internal communications and earned media/PR strategy and annual plan to ensure that intended messages are delivered to all stakeholders in a cohesive, consistent, and timely manner.
• Partner with leaders on high-impact internal and earned media communication programs and initiatives to develop, implement, and measure effective strategies, plans, and tactics.
• Collaborate at the strategic and tactical levels with various functional areas including consumer brand marketing, recruiting, industry relations, franchise development, and real estate.
• Direct the efforts of the Communications team, including corporate staff, contractors, and vendors, to ensure alignment with company goals, define priorities, develop and implement plans, manage platforms and channels, create and distribute content, and measure results.
• Ability to listen, earn trust, and accept direct feedback from franchisees while building strong, positive relationships.
You will have an exceptional ability to establish relationships and foster urgency to reach goals. You will have a desire to establish metrics and strategic goals while still encouraging creativity. To land this job you will need to show your proven ability to:
• Education: BS/BA degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications, or related field
• 10+ years of experience in communications, public relations, or related occupation; or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Franchise, agency or corporate communications experience preferred.
• Previous supervisory experience is required
• The ability to lead, coach and develop the Communications Team to increase effectiveness and remove barriers, while ensuring team is delivering on key responsibilities aligned to the company strategy.
• Build effective relationships across the organization and outside of Great Clips; develop and maintain constructive relationships with others and manage disagreements effectively.
• Write effectively; develop clear, simple, and accurate written communications that are appropriate to the audience and delivery method.
• Ability to effectively speak, influence and present in public and positively reflect the company’s image as a leader in the marketplace (all levels, local, corporate, franchisee community, External Boards, etc.)
• Skill of translating broad vision and goals into long- and short-range plans that are appropriately comprehensive, realistic, and effective.
• Drive for results; demonstrate and foster a sense of urgency and strong commitment to achieving goals.
• Influence others; present a compelling case for ideas and initiatives through an appropriately chosen strategy.
• Foster collaboration; fosters a sense of teamwork and works effectively across the organization to achieve goals.
• Ability to counsel and educate on communication strategies and practices at all levels across the organization.
• Proven knowledge of content creation and asset management, including feature, script and copy writing; editing and proofreading; desktop publishing and design; print production, videography and photography.
• Proven knowledge of digital internal communication channels and distribution methods, including content management systems, intranets, extranets, communication apps, webinars, and social media platforms.
• Ability to correct and unify the grammar, punctuation, semantics, and style consistently according to accepted protocols while maintaining or clarifying the original intended message.
• Knowledge of appropriate suppliers to provide necessary resources considering product and/or service needs, quality, and cost of vendor service performance; ability to manage and hold vendor resources accountable for quality and budget; ability to negotiate with, evaluate and compare vendors.
• Ability to monitor, assess, and apply appropriate emerging communication trends to keep the brand relevant and drive business goals; this applies to technologies and procedural practices in areas such as internal communications, public relations, social, media, corporate social responsibility, digital properties management, and customer service.
• Ability to travel and work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
Your Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office setting.
• Occasional travel is required.
• Ability to drive for results, focus on the customer and build realistic plans.
Using a Thoughtful Approach
• Having the ability to think strategically, demonstrate agility, think creatively, apply financial acumen and promote teamwork.
Working with People
• Excited to build partnerships, model ethical performance, communicate with impact and influence others.
• Attract, develop, manage and retain top talent through mentoring, training, feedback and coaching to a manager’s direct, indirect and cross-functional teams.
What We Offer
We offer a competitive salary, health benefits, wellness programs, a company-matching 401K and tuition assistance but some perks that set us apart are:
A focus on your development. We want to know what your dreams and aspirations are and hope to find ways of Great Clips helping you along in your journey. Your personalized development plan will create a path for your growth and promotion potential.
A GREAT culture. One the most frequent compliments you will hear about Great Clips from employees, franchisees and business partners alike is that Great Clips has a GREAT culture. Our belief is that we are strongest together and therefore find it important to have an inclusive, diverse work culture. Though we embrace our differences, we all share in our 6 core values; we are kind, we listen and earn trust, we keep it simple, we focus on execution, we exceed expectations and WE MAKE IT FUN.
A spirit of ideas and innovation. Here at Great Clips, we have a competitive lead within our industry. Though we hold a strong position, we never stop pushing ourselves forward and continue to look for new ways of delivering a powerful and enduring brand.
About Great Clips
With more than 4,000 franchised salons throughout the United States and Canada, Great Clips is the world’s largest haircutting salon brand. Our salon owners and corporate staff are dedicated to our salon communities with a focus on philanthropic and volunteer activities. Great Clips, Inc. employees are passionate about what we do.