SHOW THE WORLD WHAT YOU'RE ALL ABOUT!
This position is primarily responsible for establishing the look and feel for Great Clips University (GCU) resources, programs and courses through user experience, graphic, and template design. In addition, the Graphic Designer provides design expertise for presentations, courses, and support materials.
On your journey, you will face opportunities to:
• Collaborate with team to analyze and recommend design solutions that achieve desired outcomes while supporting a geographically dispersed staff and system.
• Work with instructional designers to manage training materials to ensure accurate and timely materials are available for Education Services and other internal and external customers.
• Establish the look and feel for GCU programs, creates style guides and recommendations to ensure brand compliance and visually interesting training materials. Acts as a link between GCU and the overall brand to ensure consistency of visual messaging.
• Support Great Clips Meetings & Events through presentation and graphics review and/or design as needed. Acts as GCU lead on presentation review process.
• Coordinate the acquisition and organization of images and graphic resources for GCU. Manages the rights associated with any acquired graphic assets.
• Review and finalizes graphic designs of training materials, workshops and support materials as requested to support the system’s growth.
• Coordinate needs and direction for non-technical photoshoots (including, but not limited to the shot list and onsite coordination as assigned). Works with the Communications team on other photo shoots as requested.
• Demonstrate an ability to listen, earn trust, and accept direct feedback from franchisees while building strong, positive relationships.
To land this job you will need to show your proven ability to, and possess the following:
• Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design required, or equivalent experience.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in graphics design required. Experience in e-learning or instructional design a plus.
• Expertise in graphic design programs such as the Adobe Creative Suite.
• Expertise in Microsoft Suite of Office products, in particular, PowerPoint.
• Ability to develop and recommend visual treatment of materials that is creative and in line with the established brand standards.
• Ability to establish credibility and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to use a computer and learn computer software quickly.
Your Work Environment
This is an in-office position in which you will work a standard 40 hours a week scheduled in an environment where you will participate in meetings and work at a computer most of the day. The is flexibility on the time you start and end your workday. There will be opportunity to travel once or twice a year to meetings and conferences.
• Ability to drive results, focus on the customer and build realistic plans.
Using a Thoughtful Approach
• Having the ability to think strategically, demonstrate agility, think creatively, apply financial acumen and promote teamwork.
Working with People
• Excited to build partnerships, model ethical performance, communicate with impact and influence others.
What We Offer
We offer a competitive salary, health benefits, wellness programs, a company-matching 401K and tuition assistance but some perks that set us apart are:
A focus on your development. We want to know what your dreams and aspirations are and hope to find ways of Great Clips helping you along in your journey. Your personalized development plan will create a path for your growth and promotion potential.
A GREAT culture. One the most frequent compliments you will hear about Great Clips from employees, franchisees and business partners alike is that Great Clips has a GREAT culture. Our belief is that we are strongest together and therefore find it important to have an inclusive, diverse work culture. Though we embrace our differences, we all share in our 6 core values; we are kind, we listen and earn trust, we keep it simple, we focus on execution, we exceed expectations and we make it fun.
A spirit of ideas and innovation. Here at Great Clips, we have a competitive lead within our industry. Though we hold a strong position, we never stop pushing ourselves forward and continue to look for new ways of delivering a powerful and enduring brand.
About Great Clips
With more than 4,200 franchised salons throughout the United States and Canada, Great Clips is the world’s largest haircutting salon brand. Our salon owners and corporate staff are dedicated to our salon communities with a focus on philanthropic and volunteer activities. Great Clips, Inc. employees are passionate about what we do.