SHOW THE WORLD WHAT YOU'RE ALL ABOUT!
Great Clips is all about bringing great value to people with minimal disruption to their busy lives - both within their haircut experience and within their experiences with our digital technologies. A Great Clips Application Development Coordinator plays an instrumental role in making that possible by bringing order and focus to the application development process.
Our App Dev Coordinator coordinates development resources and helps facilitate the software development life cycle by working with developers and project managers. We employ Agile practices and are working towards a DevOps environment to efficiently and effectively deliver digital solutions for customers, franchisees and Great Clips, Inc. employees.
As an App Dev Coordinator, you will take on the challenge of improving software development efficiencies. Your contributions will help the team’s ability to innovate and get to market faster with solutions. Together, we will work to use technology as a catalyst in strengthening Great Clips’ competitive advantage. These challenges paired with your personalized development plan will hone your skills and give you the opportunity to continue leveling up your project management skillset. On your journey, you will face challenges like:
- Scheduling development resources to strategically support company goals
- Facilitating sprint meetings, managing sprint burndowns and helping to remove sprint impediments
- Tracking and supporting key performance indicators for development cycles
- Identifying opportunities for improving sprint performance and resource allocation
- Assisting in release management by facilitating the development team’s deployment planning and ensuring proper release documentation
- Working as a liaison between developers and project managers to ensure project practices and development practices align
- Ability to listen, earn trust, and accept direct feedback from franchisees while building strong, positive relationships.
Whether you are a project manager looking to make a move into the technology space or you already hold a role equivalent to an App Dev Coordinator, to land this job you will need to show your proven ability to:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Project Management or related degree required.
- Manage competing tasks based on business priorities and project dependencies
- Coordinate and schedule teams
- Understand technical concepts
- Effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical people
- Document processes and releases
- Evaluate process efficiencies and identify opportunities for improvement
Your Work Environment
This is a home office position in which you will work a standard 40 hours a week schedule in an environment where you may sit and look at the computer screen for extended periods. There is flexibility on the time you start and end your workday. There will be opportunity to travel once or twice a year to meetings and conferences.
- Ability to drive for results, focus on the customer and build realistic plans.
Using a Thoughtful Approach
- Having the ability to think strategically, demonstrate agility, think creatively, apply financial acumen and promote teamwork.
Working with People
- Excited to build partnerships, model ethical performance, communicate with impact and influence others.
What We Offer
We offer a competitive salary, health benefits, wellness programs, a company-matching 401K and tuition assistance but some perks that set us apart are:
A focus on your development. We want to know what your dreams and aspirations are and hope to find ways of Great Clips helping you along in your journey. Your personalized development plan will create a path for your growth and promotion potential.
A GREAT culture. One the most frequent compliments you will hear about Great Clips from employees, franchisees and business partners alike is that Great Clips has a GREAT culture. Our belief is that we are strongest together and therefore find it important to have an inclusive, diverse work culture. Though we embrace our differences, we all share in our 6 core values; we are kind, we listen and earn trust, we keep it simple, we focus on execution, we exceed expectations and WE MAKE IT FUN.
A spirit of ideas and innovation. Here at Great Clips, we have a competitive lead within our industry. Though we hold a strong position, we never stop pushing ourselves forward and continue to look for new ways of delivering a powerful and enduring brand.
About Great Clips
With more than 4,000 franchised salons throughout the United States and Canada, Great Clips is the world’s largest haircutting salon brand. Our salon owners and corporate staff are dedicated to our salon communities with a focus on philanthropic and volunteer activities. Great Clips, Inc. employees are passionate about what we do and our technology team geeks out in finding ways to use technology to make what we do even better.