Great Clips, Inc. is seeking a seasoned technologist with experience in project management, business analysis, and support but also has an added emphasis on quality assurance. This technologist will be able to quickly and accurately understand a myriad of software systems, platforms, and processes.
You will help bring structure, stability, and confidence to our SDLC and IT department. Your expertise will improve the quality of the deliverables as well as reduce the amount of time it takes to complete them. On your journey, you will face challenges like:
• Conducting efficient and effective test planning to minimize software bugs and ensure our varied products meet defined acceptance criteria.
• Reviewing system requirements and features to ensure testability.
• Leveraging automated and manual test procedures.
• Performing functional and non-functional testing.
• Managing test environments and test data.
• Coordinating volume, stress, and performance testing.
• Gathering, documenting, and disseminate meaningful test results to all necessary parties while leveraging the appropriate tone for the given audience.
• Identifying, reporting, and prioritizing defects while working with different development teams to reach resolution.
• Working with project managers, product owners, and technical process owners to capture, design, and execute quality assurance testing across multiple platforms and processes.
• Championing process adherence, improvement, and consistency while maintaining positive working relationships that re-enforce accountability.
• Ability to listen, earn trust, and accept direct feedback from franchisees while building strong, positive relationships.
You are a seasoned technologist that has held and enjoyed varied responsibilities throughout the SDLC, to land this job you will need the following qualifications and skills:
• A Bachelor’s degree in management information systems with 3-5 years of experience as a quality assurance analyst or equivalent experience.
• Experience working with Dynamics 365 (CRM), SaaS, LMS systems, MS SQL, Google G Suite, point-of-sale systems, AD/ADFS, Office 365, SharePoint, Sitecore-based mobile responsive applications/website.
• Demonstrated knowledge of VSTS including test script automation.
• Working knowledge of coding methodologies, logical standards, and best practices.
• Possess an end user first mentality contributing to the sophistication of bug remediation.
• Ability to apply project management and quality assurance practices to a variety of technology situations.
• Ability to plan and execute projects in a targeted timeframe, as well as anticipate and mitigate project risks.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Written communication skills, including the ability to develop written communications and materials for a variety of audiences, and prepare technical documentation.
• Verbal communication skills to initiate professional and effective interactions with corporate staff and vendors.
• Ability to bridge communication among technical and non-technical individuals in an effective and consistent manner.
• Ability to be flexible, such as the ability to work on multiple tasks, handle interruptions, and adapt to changing priorities.
• Organizational skills, such as the ability to categorize, sort and utilize information and/or materials in a meaningful, efficient and logical manner.
• Ability to work independently while emphasizing and executing with attention to detail.
• Ability to take initiative and follow through, such as the ability to take appropriate action(s) with limited direction
• Must be authorized to work in the U.S. and not require visa sponsorship now or in the future.
Your Work Environment
Travel Requirements: 0-25%
• Ability to drive for results, focus on the customer and build realistic plans.
Using a Thoughtful Approach
• Having the ability to think strategically, demonstrate agility, think creatively, apply financial acumen and promote teamwork.
Working with People
• Excited to build partnerships, model ethical performance, communicate with impact and influence others.
What We Offer
We offer a competitive salary, health benefits, wellness programs, a company-matching 401K and tuition assistance but some perks that set us apart are:
A focus on your development. We want to know what your dreams and aspirations are and hope to find ways of Great Clips helping you along in your journey. Your personalized development plan will create a path for your growth and promotion potential.
A GREAT culture. One the most frequent compliments you will hear about Great Clips from employees, franchisees and business partners alike is that Great Clips has a GREAT culture. Our belief is that we are strongest together and therefore find it important to have an inclusive, diverse work culture. Though we embrace our differences, we all share in our 6 core values; we are kind, we listen and earn trust, we keep it simple, we focus on execution, we exceed expectations and WE MAKE IT FUN.
A spirit of ideas and innovation. Here at Great Clips, we have a competitive lead within our industry. Though we hold a strong position, we never stop pushing ourselves forward and continue to look for new ways of delivering a powerful and enduring brand.
About Great Clips
With more than 4,000 franchised salons throughout the United States and Canada, Great Clips is the world’s largest haircutting salon brand. Our salon owners and corporate staff are dedicated to our salon communities with a focus on philanthropic and volunteer activities. Great Clips, Inc. employees are passionate about what we do and our technology team geeks out in finding ways to use technology to make what we do even better.