This position is responsible for providing planning and analysis for Great Clips, Inc. through the support and development of financial tools, models, research, analysis, and other information that will address issues relative to corporate budgeting, analysis, and salon profitability.
On your journey, you will face challenges like:
• Supports the annual corporate budgeting process and maintains annual budget files, forecasts, reports, and tool through conclusion of each year budgeting cycle.
• Performs financial analysis primarily supporting profitability, cash flow, valuation, etc.; maintains analytical and historical spreadsheets and interacts and provides information for meetings and presentations to department heads and company executives to enable them to communicate current business decisions to Great Clips and its franchisees.
• Supports the accounting team with financial analysis related to variances, analytical support for F&P related to profit margins, queries from the accounting software using various tools (Power BI, Crystal Reports, etc.) and assisting with the technical maintenance of the financial statement reporting software.
• Performs research and maintains competitive data and analysis as needed.
• Ability to listen, earn trust, and accept direct feedback from franchisees while building strong, positive relationships.
To land this job you will need to show your proven ability to:
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting and 1-3 years of related experience in a financial analysis, budgeting or reporting role; or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Knowledge of and skill in using application software including Microsoft suite products focused on Excel and PowerPoint; knowledge of and skill in using pivot tables, database and data analysis, and financial and statistical software.
• Ability to develop and modify business and financial models for internal business planning, salon budgeting, financial analysis, benchmarking, etc.
• Ability to analyze data and trends and recommend changes in programs/processes.
• Skill to perform financial equations such as ratios in accounting applications, NPV, IRR, ROI, etc.
• Ability to be flexible, such as the ability to work on multiple tasks, handle interruptions, and adapt to changing priorities.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills to initiate professional and effective contact with corporate staff, franchisees, salons, vendors, etc.
• Organizational skills, such as the ability to categorize, sort, and utilize information and/or materials in a meaningful, efficient, and logical manner.
• Ability to take initiative and follow through, such as the ability to take appropriate action(s) without direction.
Your Work Environment
This is a home office position in which you will work a standard 40 hours a week schedule in an environment where you may sit and look at the computer screen for extended periods. There is flexibility on the time you start and end your workday. There will be opportunity to travel once or twice a year to meetings and conferences.
• Ability to drive for results, focus on the customer and build realistic plans.
Using a Thoughtful Approach
• Having the ability to think strategically, demonstrate agility, think creatively, apply financial acumen and promote teamwork.
Working with People
• Excited to build partnerships, model ethical performance, communicate with impact and influence others.
What We Offer
We offer a competitive salary, health benefits, wellness programs, a company-matching 401K and tuition assistance but some perks that set us apart are:
A focus on your development. We want to know what your dreams and aspirations are and hope to find ways of Great Clips helping you along in your journey. Your personalized development plan will create a path for your growth and promotion potential.
A GREAT culture. One the most frequent compliments you will hear about Great Clips from employees, franchisees and business partners alike is that Great Clips has a GREAT culture. Our belief is that we are strongest together and therefore find it important to have an inclusive, diverse work culture. Though we embrace our differences, we all share in our 6 core values; we are kind, we listen and earn trust, we keep it simple, we focus on execution, we exceed expectations and WE MAKE IT FUN.
A spirit of ideas and innovation. Here at Great Clips, we have a competitive lead within our industry. Though we hold a strong position, we never stop pushing ourselves forward and continue to look for new ways of delivering a powerful and enduring brand.
About Great Clips
With more than 4,000 franchised salons throughout the United States and Canada, Great Clips is the world’s largest haircutting salon brand. Our salon owners and corporate staff are dedicated to our salon communities with a focus on philanthropic and volunteer activities. Great Clips, Inc. employees are passionate about what we do and our technology team geeks out in finding ways to use technology to make what we do even better.