SHOW THE WORLD WHAT YOU'RE ALL ABOUT!
This position is responsible for driving performance through operational planning, execution of core operations processes, franchisee relationship management and support and development of cross functional teams in assigned areas.
On your journey, you will face challenges like:
As an active member of the Operations Leadership team, participates in the strategic planning and tactical execution of those plans to help achieve overall department goals and objectives.
- Drives growth in assigned areas by supervising Field Operations Managers and working with other departments within GCI to grow market presence and franchise profitability. Completes prospective franchisee interviews and enhances franchisee relationships.
- Manages comprehensive growth plans for assigned areas to include key franchisees, challenging and new markets, openings, closures, re-sales, renewals, relocations and collections following up to ensure improvement in results across the system as a whole.
- Demonstrates the capacity to manage multiple demands and priorities that come with the expansion of the Great Clips system.
- Leads special project teams within area of responsibility, to develop and execute plans related to critical salon operations issues and opportunities.
- Participates in the annual budget process and manages assigned market budgets to ensure annual goals are met.
- Collaboration across multiple departments to manage compliance related issues across assigned markets are managed to a successful outcome.
- Performs other projects, work and activities as assigned to ensure continuous service to our internal and external customers.
- Ability to listen, earn trust, and accept direct feedback from franchisees while building strong, positive relationships.
To land this job you will need to show your proven ability to:
- Knowledge and support of the Great Clips technical and operating systems; ability to explain the rationale and foundation for the system.
- Ability to establish credibility and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of and skill in using application software, including Word, Excel, Microsoft Outlook, and Internet functionality.
- Knowledge of retail operations, including real estate, construction, marketing, training and operations.
- Skill of problem solving; ability to develop and implement action plans that will address operational outcomes.
- Ability to understand the goals of individual franchisees and influence franchisees to achieve the best possible outcomes.
- Ability to manage deadlines, constantly changing priorities, and multiple problems/issues occurring simultaneously and all requiring immediate attention.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field required and at least 10+ years of business management or operations management experience, preferably in a multi-unit or franchise structure, with at least three of these years in a supervisory capacity.
Your Work Environment
This is a remote/field position in which you will work a flexible schedule from your home office traveling up to 60% of the time. States where markets are located include, but are not limited to: Texas, Georgia Florida, Tennessee, Oklahoma, and New Mexico. There will also be periodic travel to the corporate headquarters in Minneapolis, MN.
- Ability to drive for results, focus on the customer and build realistic plans.
Using a Thoughtful Approach
- Having the ability to think strategically, demonstrate agility, think creatively, apply financial acumen and promote teamwork.
Working with People
- Excited to build partnerships, model ethical performance, communicate with impact and influence others.
- Attract, develop, manage and retain top talent through mentoring, training, feedback and coaching to a manager’s direct, indirect and cross-functional teams.
What We Offer
We offer a competitive salary, health benefits, wellness programs, a company-matching 401K and tuition assistance. Some perks that set us apart:
A focus on your development. We want to know what your dreams and aspirations are and hope to find ways of Great Clips helping you along in your journey. Your personalized development plan will create a path for your growth and promotion potential.
A GREAT culture. One the most frequent compliments you will hear about Great Clips from employees, franchisees and business partners alike is that Great Clips has a GREAT culture. Our belief is that we are strongest together and therefore find it important to have an inclusive, diverse work culture. Though we embrace our differences, we all share in our 6 core values; we are kind, we listen and earn trust, we keep it simple, we focus on execution, we exceed expectations and WE MAKE IT FUN.
A spirit of ideas and innovation. Here at Great Clips, we have a competitive lead within our industry. Though we hold a strong position, we never stop pushing ourselves forward and continue to look for new ways of delivering a powerful and enduring brand.
About Great Clips
With more than 4,000 franchised salons throughout the United States and Canada, Great Clips is the world’s largest haircutting salon brand. Our salon owners and corporate staff are dedicated to our salon communities with a focus on philanthropic and volunteer activities. Great Clips, Inc. employees are passionate about what we do and our technology team geeks out in finding ways to use technology to make what we do even better.