This position is responsible for the timely and effective coordination of the legal and compliance activities related to franchising including providing disclosure documents to franchisees in accordance with U.S. and Canadian laws, processing franchise and related legal agreements, maintaining proof of insurance certifications for all locations, maintaining legal files and databases, and ad hoc reporting functions.
Key Result Areas:
• Coordinates the preparation and delivery of the appropriate disclosure documents, franchise agreements, renewals, assignments and all documents related to the franchise agreement to franchisees to ensure compliance with applicable U.S. and Canadian laws and ensures all activity is recorded and accurate. Provides delivery of these documents in electronic form via DocuSign or printed form as requested or required by law. Ability to become skilled in the creation of Canadian franchise disclosure documents, which require additional data collection and customization.
• Evaluates internal policies and procedures to determine whether a franchisee is eligible to apply for an additional franchise agreement, add a partner, or complete any other transaction that a franchisee has requested. Provides support and communication to franchisees to ensure accurate and timely processing of franchise agreement transactions. Communicates and provides other departments with information regarding policies and franchisee and franchise agreement information.
• Maintains all legal documentation, electronic files and databases, including Microsoft Dynamics CRM, FileSite, FRM, and SharePoint, to ensure current and accurate information is available of all legal transactions affecting a Franchise Agreement and/or salon. Ensures all information feeding into the Franchise Disclosure Document is accurate and in compliance with applicable laws.
• Researches, compiles and analyzes data from various databases as requested by Great Clips, Inc. personnel.
Key Technical Competencies:
• Knowledge of and skill in using application software in a PC environment including Word, SharePoint, Dynamics CRM, FileSite and FRM software; ability to type at least 50 words per minute.
• Ability to carefully proof all work, and use proper grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation and sentence structure.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written and verbal communications.
• Organizational skills, such as the ability to categorize, sort and utilize information and/or materials in a meaningful, efficient and logical manner.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines through to timely completion.
• Skills of identifying resources, collecting and reviewing pertinent data/information, and applying the results to a specific situation.
Desired Education and Experience:
2-3 years of secretarial/administrative experience or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge. Previous experience working in a legal or franchise environment is desirable.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities, and skills required of the position and people in the position.