The IT Operations Manager is responsible for ongoing infrastructure management, including networks, servers, desktops, storage, telephony, and audio-visual components. This position is also responsible for the IT service desk operations.
Key Result Areas:
• Planning & Execution: Lead the efforts to design, build, implement, monitor, support, and maintain a reliable and secure Great Clips, Inc. infrastructure. Collaborate with internal teams and vendors to ensure infrastructure meets business needs, and to ensure software products transition into support smoothly. Develop key performance indicators to measure success.
• Network Operations: Manage infrastructure budget. Manage and develop internal network team. Manage third-party co-location/hosting vendors. Lead disaster recovery planning and testing. Establish policies, procedures, standards related to network operations and information security. Monitor network performance, and ensure the network is operating efficiently for all stakeholders. Establish policies and procedures related to hardware asset lifecycle. Maintain appropriate network documentation. Manage annual security assessment process, and report out to technology leadership.
• Service Desk: Manage service desk budget. Manage and develop internal service desk team. Manage third-party service desk vendor. Establish and monitor service level agreements. Track service desk metrics, identify opportunities for improvement, and ensure vendors have the information required to close ticket satisfactorily.
• Vendor Management: Collaborate with vendors to define scope/statements of work for infrastructure projects. Review and approve plans, tasks, deliverables, and timelines. Hold vendors accountable to timelines, deliverables, and budgets. Lead annual vendor reviews for infrastructure and service desk partners.
• Research & Development: Monitor technology trends to identify opportunities for Great Clips, Inc. to improve approach to infrastructure, security, network operations and support. Present ideas to technology leadership. Lead efforts to establish pilots, capture feedback and share results.
Key Technical Competencies:
• Minimum three years leading an internal information technology team.
• Previous service desk management experience preferred.
• Experience with Windows Server, SQL Server, AD/ADFS, Office 365, Azure, AWS, VMWare vSphere, NetApp, Cisco, F5, and ShoreTel.
• Proven experience with network management, firewall/IDS/IPS management, load balancers, security/patch management, and IP telephony.
• Experience developing and implementing standard IT policies, procedures, standards, and controls. Practical experience with ITIL framework or ITSM practices preferred.
• Experience in infrastructure architecture, implementation, support and management in co-location, private cloud, and public cloud environments.
• Knowledge of mobile device management platforms.
• Knowledge of Windows 10, Mac OS, iOS, and Android.
• Workstation procurement, imaging, provisioning.
• Hardware and software asset management.
• Proven project management skills.
• Strong customer service orientation, and customer support skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills; solid presentation skills.
• Ability to be flexible, such as the ability to work on multiple tasks, handle interruptions, and adapt to changing priorities.
Desired Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field and a minimum of six years of experience in IT networking and infrastructure, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The IT Operations Manager will supervise a Network Administrator and a Technical Support Analyst, in addition to third-party vendors.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities, and skills required of the position and people in the position.