The Data Analyst’s role is to harness vast amounts of data to optimize business results. In this role you will exercise your knowledge of descriptive and multivariate statistical techniques and applications, and database analysis tools and techniques to develop strategic insights to drive business goals.
This exciting new role has been created to support business intelligence goals. Your mission is to learn the data and to mix your skills with the data to guide business decisions. On your journey, you will face interesting challenges like:
• Working closely with data scientists and the data integration team to identify, design, and build appropriate datasets for complex experiments.
• Establishing links across existing data sources and find new, interesting mash-ups.
• Working with product managers, data scientists, and BI team members to translate prototypes into production
• Driving the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources.
• Assisting in developing algorithms and predictive models to solve critical business problems.
• Analyzing large, noisy datasets and identify meaningful patterns that provide actionable results.
• Creating informative visualizations that intuitively display large amounts of data and/or complex relationships.
• Developing, implementing, and maintaining change control and testing processes for modifications to algorithms and data analytics.
• Requiring the ability to listen, earn trust, and accept direct feedback from franchisees while building strong, positive relationships.
This position is a great entry level opportunity if you are excited about what you can learn with data, and have the desire to evolve into a data scientist. To land this job you will need to demonstrate:
• Bachelor’s degree in data science, data analytics, computer science mathematics, statistics or equivalent
• 1-3 years of relevant experience preferred
• Your proven ability to manipulate and analyze complex high-volume and high-dimensionality data from varying sources
• Fluency with at least one scripting language such as Python or Perl
• Familiarity with relational SQL and NoSQL databases
• Knowledge of statistical analysis tools such as R or Alteryx
• Experience with very large datasets, either in the workplace or through course work
• Knowledge of map/reduce framework
• A strong passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data
• A flexible analytic approach that allows for results at varying levels of precision
• Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
• Good oral and written communication skills including strong technical documentation with keen attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal skills, with experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Your Work Environment
This position will reside within a corporate office environment that allows for you to “dress for your day”. There will be minimal travel, 1-2 trips/year that will last for 2-3 days each. There are also 1-2 local events each year that will require participation outside of normal business hours during the week.
• Ability to drive for results, focus on the customer and build realistic plans.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
Using a Thoughtful Approach
• Having the ability to think strategically, demonstrate agility, think creatively, apply financial acumen and promote teamwork.
Working with People
• Excited to build partnerships, model ethical performance, communicate with impact and influence others.
What We Offer
We offer a competitive salary, health benefits, wellness programs, a company-matching 401K and tuition assistance but some perks that set us apart are:
•A focus on your development. We want to know what your dreams and aspirations are and hope to find ways of Great Clips helping you along in your journey. Your personalized development plan will create a path for your growth and promotion potential.
•A GREAT culture. One the most frequent compliments you will hear about Great Clips from employees, franchisees and business partners alike is that Great Clips has a GREAT culture. Our belief is that we are strongest together and therefore find it important to have an inclusive, diverse work culture. Though we embrace our differences, we all share in our 6 core values; we are kind, we listen and earn trust, we keep it simple, we focus on execution, we exceed expectations and WE MAKE IT FUN.
•A spirit of ideas and innovation. Here at Great Clips, we have a competitive lead within our industry. Though we hold a strong position, we never stop pushing ourselves forward and continue to look for new ways of delivering a powerful and enduring brand.
About Great Clips
With more than 4,000 franchised salons throughout the United States and Canada, Great Clips is the world’s largest haircutting salon brand. Our salon owners and corporate staff are dedicated to our salon communities with a focus on philanthropic and volunteer activities. Great Clips, Inc. employees are passionate about what we do and our technology team geeks out in finding ways to use technology to make what we do even better.