SHOW THE WORLD WHAT YOU'RE ALL ABOUT!
This position is responsible for driving performance through operational planning, execution of business services processes, franchisee relationship management and support of the teams in assigned areas.
Key Result Areas:
- As an active member of the Operations Leadership team, participates in the strategic planning and tactical execution of those plans to help achieve overall department goals and objectives.
- Drives growth in assigned areas by supervising Business Service Managers and working with other departments within GCI to grow market presence and franchise profitability. Completes prospective franchisee interviews and enhances franchisee relationships.
- Manages comprehensive growth plans for assigned areas to include key franchisees, challenging and new markets, openings, closures, re-sales, renewals, relocations and collections following up to ensure improvement in results across the system as a whole.
- Leads special project teams within area of responsibility, to develop and execute plans related to critical salon operations issues and opportunities.
- Participates in the annual budget process and manages assigned market budgets to ensure annual goals are met.
Key Technical Competencies:
- Knowledge and support of the Great Clips technical and operating systems; ability to explain the rationale and foundation for the system.
- Ability to establish credibility and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of and skill in using application software, including Word, Excel, Microsoft Outlook, and Internet functionality.
- Knowledge of retail operations, including real estate, construction, marketing, training and operations.
- Skill of helping individuals understand problems, goals and various courses of action; ability to develop and implement action plans that will address specific problems.
- Ability to influence franchisees and understand the franchisee’s perspective.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds is required.
- Ability to manage deadlines, constantly changing priorities, and multiple problems/issues occurring simultaneously and all requiring immediate attention.
- Extensive travel is required.
Desired Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in business or related field required and at least 8 years of business management or operations management experience, preferably in a multi-unit or franchise structure, with at least three of these years in a supervisory capacity.
This position supervises the Business Services Managers.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities, and skills required of the position and people in the position.