The position is responsible for leading the management and execution of Great Clips meetings and corporate events. The position is also responsible for the management of the corporate travel program.
Key Result Areas:
1. Manages the budgeting and planning of Great Clips meetings, events, and group retreats/trips to ensure that adequate resources are ready and available when needed, executive and participant expectations are met, and the brand is well represented.
2. Leads the execution of Great Clips meetings, events, and special trips so that all elements associated with the events (i.e. meals, reservations, transportation, logistics, etc.) run smoothly and leave participants with a high level of satisfaction.
3. Manages the corporate master calendar, site selection and contracting of meeting venues and services to ensure events are appropriately spaced throughout the year and located in venues that align with our brand.
4. Oversees the activities of the travel agency to ensure Great Clips receives the best possible service and rates.
1. Trust: Deals with others in a straightforward and honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintains confidentiality, and supports company values.
2. Build Relationships: Initiates and develops relationships with people; shows interest in and understanding of others’ needs and concerns; shows and fosters respect and appreciation for each person, whatever their views, perspective, or interests; confronts intolerance in others
3. Teamwork: Uses an empowering, collaborative approach on appropriate issues; fosters collaboration among teams and team members.
4. Influence: Conveys personal conviction; works through resistance; addresses concerns of others; persuades others, gaining their support and commitment.
5. Commitment: Remains committed to the organization; motivates others to succeed through setting and achieving challenging individual goals; shows commitment to development goals; recognizes accomplishments of others.
Key Technical Competencies
1. Knowledge of best practices in the meeting planning industry; knowledge of food and meeting trends, event coordination, and travel management.
2. Knowledge of process definition and documentation.
3. Project management experience including managing multiple projects at one time.
4. Organization skills, time management skills, and attention to details.
5. Knowledge of and skill in using the Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
6. Comfortable using a variety of technology and computer software; ability to learn software quickly.
7. Written and verbal communication skills to initiate professional and effective contact with executives, salons, franchisees, corporate staff, vendors, etc.
8. Ability to lift up to 40 lbs occasionally; ability to pack boxes and push/pull a loaded cart.
Desired Education and Experience:
Five to seven years experience leading meeting planning, Certified Meeting Planner and/or bachelor’s degree, or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.