This position is responsible for the timely procurement of new locations for Great Clips salons in designated markets, and for assisting franchisees in site selection and documentation.
Key Result Areas:
• Manages Great Clips real estate efforts in assigned DMAs by supporting and engaging franchisees in their real estate efforts to ensure maximum penetration of assigned markets.
• Maintains ongoing awareness and knowledge of assigned markets to ensure all real estate opportunities are maximized.
• Develops and maintains relationships and networks with retailers, developers, brokers, and landlords to facilitate an effective long-term relationship and create a positive position for Great Clips.
• Develops and maintains relationships with internal/external customers to ensure real estate policies, opportunities, and procedures are administered consistently across all markets and communications are maximized for the benefit of the franchisee and the system.
Key Technical Competencies:
• Negotiation skills, such as the ability to collaborate with others to arrive at a decision.
• Knowledge of real estate networks, developers, landlords, etc.; ability to develop and maintain positive relationships that will enhance the image of the company.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively communicate and positively reflect the company’s image as a leader in the marketplace.
• Knowledge and familiarity with franchise and consumer retail businesses; knowledge of the real estate availability and conditions in assigned markets.
• Ability to interpret legal jargon in lease documents and clearly communicate the meaning to people with varying levels of knowledge about leases.
• Knowledge of lease terms and site analysis and the impact they have on lease negotiations.
• Knowledge of and ability to apply policies, systems, practices and precedents used within the organization.
Desired Education and Experience:
5+ years of successful commercial real estate experience; retail leasing experience preferred; college degree in business or related field preferred. Knowledge of and experience in existing or proposed Great Clips markets is desirable.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities, and skills required of the position and people in the position.